Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but was there any source saying adidas was the company of choice or did the thread just run with that. Sounds like in that rant it could be any kind of brand.. even an international luxury brand maybe.

exactly. idk where people got adidas from. i guess because its the 2nd biggest shoe brand but if you listen to what he says he said he wants to create CLOTHING such as shirts and pants etc. not just shoes. I cant see that happening with adidas.

its not a shoe company. its a clothing company. hes thinking outside the box and that is what kanye is known for doing. why limit himself to just shoes? its a big clothing brand. i wouldnt be surprised if its a designer like balenciaga. remember he collab'ed with louis vuitton and made a bunch of dope shoes.. thats where his head is at. highly doubt its adidas.

exactly. idk where people got adidas from. i guess because its the 2nd biggest shoe brand but if you listen to what he says he said he wants to create CLOTHING such as shirts and pants etc. not just shoes. I cant see that happening with adidas.

its not a shoe company. its a clothing company. hes thinking outside the box and that is what kanye is known for doing. why limit himself to just shoes? its a big clothing brand. i wouldnt be surprised if its a designer like balenciaga. remember he collab'ed with louis vuitton and made a bunch of dope shoes.. thats where his head is at. highly doubt its adidas.

Sorry but was there any source saying adidas was the company of choice or did the thread just run with that. Sounds like in that rant it could be any kind of brand.. even an international luxury brand maybe.

There were reports of Kanye having meetings all last week with Adidas...Then the interview with him on Wired 96.5 came out where he said he had a new deal setup with another company that they couldn't announce for a "couple weeks"...All earlier in this thread and the other closed thread...I think there was even a tweet from somebody saying they had seen Kanye at the Adidas Offices...

Last edited:
There were reports of Kanye having meetings all last week with Adidas...Then the interview with him on Wired 96.5 came out where he said he had a new deal setup with another company that they couldn't announce for a "couple weeks"...All earlier in this thread and the other closed thread...I think there was even a tweet from somebody saying they had seen Kanye at the Adidas Offices...

i dont doubt it... im certain he had meetings with adidas.......

and reebok

and asics

and new balance

and fila

etc.... you get the point.

i dont doubt it... im certain he had meetings with adidas.......

and reebok

and asics

and new balance

and fila

etc.... you get the point.

Well I wouldn't doubt that he met with multiple companies...

However when there are reports saying he has a week of meetings with Adidas...Sightings of him at Adidas HQ...Then him saying himself that he'd signed with another company, just a couple day's later...All this without any reports of him meeting with any other companies...At some point you kind of have to read between the lines a little...Of course all this is conjecture until an official announcement comes from somebody...I think it's a forgone conclusion that he is done with Nike so now it's just time to sit back and watch to see what the next move is...

repped.. i've been after that sweatshirt II

Plenty people have it seems.

Funny, I was told this was going to happen when I went by APC NYC back in July (the weekend after the initial release). Very cool employee who seemed to know what was going on, I still didn't believe him.....but he was right after all.

"They let me sip that clean water when they let me make them Yeezys, and they saw how the universe reacted. They tried to make it as small as possible. Mark Parker even talked ****, talking 'bout he don't even know why people like the Yeezys. They liked them like they liked the Jordans because I was in fourth grade getting kicked out for drawing Jordans, for being connected to that emotion as a creative."

I'm not arguing that point...at the end of the day, "sneaker heads" gonna lose interest when Nike brews up another theme of shoes or another collab. If I were Nike I'd just retro Y1-Y2 anytime Adidas plans a release.
I'd buy size runs and burn them in barrels if nike did that.

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2013/11/kanye-west-rant-nike-mark-parker-ceo

This what Ye said.

"They let me sip that clean water when they let me make them Yeezys, and they saw how the universe reacted. They tried to make it as small as possible. Mark Parker even talked ****, talking 'bout he don't even know why people like the Yeezys. They liked them like they liked the Jordans because I was in fourth grade getting kicked out for drawing Jordans, for being connected to that emotion as a creative."

I guarantee you Ye will take credit for the rise in sales at Zappos.
laugh.gif

Jimmy Kimmel won

Zappos won

Nike won

So I don't get the "hate" moniker let me be clear.

I like Ye as an artist, don't know him personally so I go by his actions. He's TOOOOOOOO emotional. Not even in a fight for your rights emotional, but more like a female "oh I'm getting fat" emotional.

Yeezys are dope, but they're not the end all be all of Nike or any shoe brand.

Last edited:
I just can't wait for the kanye x adidas to stay in shelves and every kanye fan coming in stating those arent nice and the yeezys were awesome etc....Hype is mainly nike's job.Kanye west was just the no1 trend setter .But don't make any mistakes.3 years from now there will be another one, and he-she will be sponsored by nike.It has nothing to do with the beauty of the shoe or the design.Extra limited+hype=crazy pricing.On ALL things.

laugh.gif
You're a damn fool or a Stan if you believe Nike is getting the shorter end of the stick on this breakup.

Good for Kanye. Nike will continue to destroy Adidas on the footwear market.

This isn't Lebron James. This is Kanye West. Nike ain't losing much.

That said, I'm excited to see how his new partnership will pan out
So many people saying this and it makes it very clear that none of you are informed on the business end of things, whatsoever. Yes, Nike's market cap is nearly double that of Adidas currently - but their sales are fairly equal. In 2012 Nike did about $24B and Adidas did about $20B...

What you also have to take into account is that Nike's value and profitability has increased as much as 66% since Mark Parker took over as CEO in 2005. Now do that math. In less than 10 years Nike has expanded from where Adidas is now to their current position (market cap wise).

Now, the question I propose to all you "expert" businessmen is, what makes you think that Adidas can't achieve the same growth? The market is fed up with Nike gouging the customer on high price for questionable quality to the point where major figures representing Nike as a brand are publicly dragging them through the mud as they (reportedly) sign with the competition. No matter how you slice it, this is a HUGE loss for Nike... and nothing but a business opportunity for Kanye. Market cap is determined by assets invested by shareholders and who is to say that there isn't a mass pull out from Nike in the face of this controversy? It's bad now, but wait until Kanye starts throwing names out there in interviews... It will undoubtedly cause panic on Wall St.

Now my next question is, with Kanye, ASAP, Raf Simons, and Rick Owens aligning with the stripes in the last 12 months, what makes you think that Adidas couldn't potentially surpass Nike in global sales for FY14? If you ask me, I think that it's LIKELY to happen by FY15 if these rumors are true. And please, anyone who can metrically disagree with this, show me the numbers. I don't want your opinion. I want numbers to back up what you guys are saying.

You all look at Nike like some impenetrable force of sneakers. They aren't. Anyone who's a TRUE sneaker collector is undoubtedly frustrated with Nike's direction over the last decade and if you ask me, we aren't far from the **** hitting the fan. 3 years ago I'd have scoffed at the idea of Kanye moving to Adidas, and Kanye himself would have probably too, so don't be so naiive to think that the next 3 years couldn't get worse for Nike. The numbers may not reflect it immediately, but business is established on working relationships - relationships that Nike thinks they have immeasurable leverage on and treat them as such (like ****). Not the case.

Random, but I think the key chess piece in this is Kyrie Irving. If Nike doesn't give him a sig by the end of his current contract and he leaves for Adidas..... RIP Nike.

Last edited:

So many people saying this and it makes it very clear that none of you are informed on the business end of things, whatsoever. Yes, Nike's market cap is nearly double that of Adidas currently - but their sales are fairly equal. In 2012 Nike did about $24B and Adidas did about $20B...

What you also have to take into account is that Nike's value and profitability has increased as much as 66% since Mark Parker took over as CEO in 2005. Now do that math. In less than 10 years Nike has expanded from where Adidas is now to their current position (market cap wise).

Now, the question I propose to all you "expert" businessmen is, what makes you think that Adidas can't achieve the same growth? The market is fed up with Nike gouging the customer on high price for questionable quality to the point where major figures representing Nike as a brand are publicly dragging them through the mud as they (reportedly) sign with the competition. No matter how you slice it, this is a HUGE loss for Nike... and nothing but a business opportunity for Kanye. Market cap is determined by assets invested by shareholders and who is to say that there isn't a mass pull out from Nike in the face of this controversy? It's bad now, but wait until Kanye starts throwing names out there in interviews... It will undoubtedly cause panic on Wall St.

Now my next question is, with Kanye, ASAP, Raf Simons, and Rick Owens aligning with the stripes in the last 12 months, what makes you think that Adidas couldn't potentially surpass Nike in global sales for FY14? If you ask me, I think that it's LIKELY to happen by FY15 if these rumors are true. And please, anyone who can metrically disagree with this, show me the numbers. I don't want your opinion. I want numbers to back up what you guys are saying.

You all look at Nike like some impenetrable force of sneakers. They aren't. Anyone who's a TRUE sneaker collector is undoubtedly frustrated with Nike's direction over the last decade and if you ask me, we aren't far from the **** hitting the fan. 3 years ago I'd have scoffed at the idea of Kanye moving to Adidas, and Kanye himself would have probably too, so don't be so naiive to think that the next 3 years couldn't get worse for Nike. The numbers may not reflect it immediately, but business is established on working relationships - relationships that Nike thinks they have immeasurable leverage on and treat them as such (like ****). Not the case.

Random, but I think the key chess piece in this is Kyrie Irving. If Nike doesn't give him a sig by the end of his current contract and he leaves for Adidas..... RIP Nike.
How many shoezeums were built around Adidas?

How many IG posts are there showing off Adidas collections?

Ask any kid in America what shoes they like...they'll say Jordans/Nike; not adidas.

Adidas core market is and will always be Futbol. They tested the waters with X collabs but they never put in the resources to GR the shoe meaning they're not confident in sustaining the sales of these fly by night rappers and artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom