Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone who thinks a Kanye x adidas shoe won't absolutely fly off the shelves doesn't understand the guy or the fan base they are talking about.

If he wears them ONCE, they will sell out instantly.

That goes for any other item of clothing he puts on his body that is somewhat reasonably affordable.
I'm not arguing that point...at the end of the day, "sneaker heads" gonna lose interest when Nike brews up another theme of shoes or another collab. If I were Nike I'd just retro Y1-Y2 anytime Adidas plans a release.

Last edited:
Oh and for the record, Kanyes success is solely based on limited releases.

As dope as his sneakers are, don't lie to yourself believing this success would have been the same with a GR line of merchandise on a regular basis.

That has yet to be seen.

Adidas has their work cut out for them.

Kanyes success on Nike was partly owed to the fact that they had him on such a short string. Making his shoes limited releases in small numbers generating hype through Nike's marketing schemes.

But hey, whatever... It's Kanye so it'll sell no matter what, right?

Last edited:
Because if he was with adidas, this post would be collecting dust in the Other Brands forum.
And on that ignorant post.. I'm out of here until another member swears they have the release date pin-pointed "November - March ... My guy never lies" :smh:

You're on niketalk.

The shoe will sell, no doubt about it. But if you think for a second that an adidas X kanye release will generate more buzz than a nike x kanye shoe— you are trippin. Nike is a machine. They generate buzz like no other sports merchandiser can. Look at how they have all of you on your toes waiting for just a morsel of information. That's nike's well oiled machine working, not kanye.

And fact - the crowd that models their fashion after him verbatim is an extremely niche market.

Dudes been wearing visvim chukkas in all his paparazzi shots the last couple weeks yeah? I walk around a major metropolitan city every day and I've never seen a pair of visvims on the street. I've only seen people who dress like him on here and at his shows. That's it.

I'm more than convinced something produced in limited numbers with his name attached will move, no problem. However — there are stacks of Yeezus shirts sitting at your local pac-sun right now waiting for the clearance racks.

A lot of you guys give this guy WAY too much credit. Putting him on the same level as tinker when tinker's design makes up half of his shoe?

Then calling me the ignorant one? Ok. :lol:

As dope as his sneakers are, don't lie to yourself believing this success would have been the same with a GR line of merchandise on a regular basis.

That has yet to be seen.

Kanyes success on Nike was partly owed to the fact that they had him on such a short string. Making his shoes limited releases in small numbers generating hype through Nike's marketing schemes.

Im not gonna pretend I know what would happen if he did gr but regardless he's most likely not going to anyway. But even big seans adidas sold out fast. That would be nothing compared to a kanye adidas sneaker

But I think Nike and LV are on two different levels of the playing field. Nike and Adidas are each others biggest competitions. And mind you, there weren't AS MANY sneaker "collectors" during the first Nike/LV deal.
I'm sure now each brand will be effected. As far as resale values go, it's hard to tell at this point.
I think of it like this.  For Nike to actually put someones name on a shoe is a big deal. Look at Barkley and Durant, They got CB and KD on their boxes and shoes (KD's logo made with such little confidence ).  LeBron got the "Zoom Generation", not sure if he was going to live up to the hype. They go for sure shots like Kobe and Jordan when it comes to putting someones actual name on a shoe(NT think of anyone that got their actual name on a NIKE shoe as a sig that didn't live up to the hype).  They have let some legends go too. Adidas lets anyone hop on the wave so lets not take this Adidas talk too seriously.  Kanye knows what he'll be missing out on and that's Nike's innovation and ideas.  Ideas like Shox, Air Units and Zoom Air were pretty epic.  Adidas springblade?...not so much.  The point is, Adidas needs Kanye more than Nike does lol.

Reactions: OTG

That has yet to be seen.

Im not gonna pretend I know what would happen if he did gr but regardless he's most likely not going to anyway. But even big seans adidas sold out fast. That would be nothing compared to a kanye adidas sneaker

What were the production numbers on those Big Sean sneakers? I can't speak on those since I don't know much about the release.

But if they were limited, then that just feeds my point.

I have no doubt Kanye will make some Dope **** on Adidas. I just laugh at dudes who really think Nike is taking a real hit with this. Like Kanye doesn't really wish Nike gave him this opportunity.

A lot of you guys give this guy WAY too much credit. Putting him on the same level as tinker when tinker's design makes up half of his shoe?

Quoted for so much emphasis.

Last edited:
Nike's more focused on signing one of the top draft picks in a loaded 2014 NBA draft than they are about the long-term direction of Yeezys. Rightfully so.

Last edited:

That has yet to be seen.

His Yeezus clothing line @ Pac Sun was GR....... It sold out at most places.

And fact - the crowd that models their fashion after him verbatim is an extremely niche market.

Dudes been wearing visvim chukkas in all his paparazzi shots the last couple weeks yeah? I walk around a major metropolitan city every day and I've never seen a pair of visvims on the street. I've only seen people who dress like him on here and at his shows. That's it.

indeed. u guys give Kanye too much credit. cuz Kanye had Nikes first he's proved himself. if he had signed with Adidas first it wouldn't have been a big deal. his collection with Nike was big cuz of Nike's name, a collection with Adidas will be big cuz of Kanye's name now.

on the other hand a kanye designed sneaker, even a GR, will sell out, if it's designed well. if it's wack, it won't.

it's just sad we're in a time where people determine how much they like a shoe by how fast it sells out...

Last edited:
First off, some of you guys really need to chill, treating Kanye and his endeavors like an entirely new culture or some ****. Really. It's disgusting. There's eating up every morsel of small info on a rare shoe you really want, which is nothing new here on NT... then there's 8 levels beyond that, which some of you are at.

Bottom line, Nike isn't going to find another pop culture icon who is hip and widely appealing yet high-brow and exclusive at the same time.

Kanye is not going to find another sneaker brand that can sell the masses on anything thanks to their hype machine, who has established a connection with all types of sneakerheads, who has a rich history, whose kicks are storied in ways that adidas soccer shoes and Asics running shoes are not.

If they move on, Nike will roll with Lebron, KD, and the next big athlete to keep pushing signature sports shoes. Kanye will find another brand to make him a shoe. But neither will reach what they had in each other.

Last edited:
Adidas Yeezy's selling for 3k+...I just don't see it gentleman...I could be wrong but I doubt it

You're clearly not giving Nike enough credit which is baffling to me....this is NIKEtalk for goodness sake, we of all people should understand the machine better than anyone else! They know what they are doing and Kanye is still learning...as much as some don't want to admit it....

There is a reason almost every company is limiting him and not banking on him as a long term investment...if I hear the $300 hoody argument one more time...APC gave him a small capsule release just like every other major brand...GR Kanye is not where the money is

If Teyana Taylor and Big Sean can sell out their signature adidas kicks what makes you think Kanye won't?

Simple as that.

Short and simple.

And absolutely right.

If you need more evidence, look at Nike's quarterlies. 

Regardless of their earnings with or without Kanye. Nike is a business in a capitalist economy. Kanye leaving still means loss of revenue; no such thing as too much revenue.

Nike will retro anything. But they'd be stupid to do it anytime soon. They can just GR them 8-10 yrs from now and Instant sell out

Can we cut out all this Nike & Adidas irrelevance?

Last time I checked this website was NIKEtalk. And this thread was SPECIFICALLY about the RED NIKE AIR YEEZY.

Enough of all this speculation, you all make it seem like y'all gettin paid to analyze this whole Adidas, Nike, Kanye thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom