Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adidas Yeezy's selling for 3k+...I just don't see it gentleman...I could be wrong but I doubt it

You're clearly not giving Nike enough credit which is baffling to me....this is NIKEtalk for goodness sake, we of all people should understand the machine better than anyone else! They know what they are doing and Kanye is still learning...as much as some don't want to admit it....

There is a reason almost every company is limiting him and not banking on him as a long term investment...if I hear the $300 hoody argument one more time...APC gave him a small capsule release just like every other major brand...GR Kanye is not where the money is
Why would they need to sell for 3k?

Ye stated he wants them widely available.

after nike secured the nfl contract that one year, it was over. adidas wins in maybe soccer balls or soccer goalie gloves. that's it. lmao.

I don't think its possible.

The Yeezy is Kanye's shoe.. wouldn't Kanye own the intellectual rights? (it is also branded with his name)

They can always change the name. Nike has released Chris Webbers shoes under a different name. Same with jkidds shoes. Just took off the branding and replaced the logo. Don't think his creative input in the design process holds any weight unless its in his contract.

after nike secured the nfl contract that one year, it was over. adidas wins in maybe soccer balls or soccer goalie gloves. that's it. lmao.

Soccer is huge around the entire world, much bigger than the nfl. Not to mention their (Adidas) deal with the nba.

Last edited:
lmao that Nike would give Kanye West rights to the shoe. Yeezy 2s in themselves made Nike nothing. I bet the new $20 KD socks that dropped made more for Nike than Yeezy 2s. But the thing is Yeezy 2s let Nike price Lebron GR at $200. If a shoe might be worth $2000-$3000, there sure will be a bunch of people okay with paying $200...$300 for NikeID on a shoe. This is really the outrageous thing. 

4 years ago $300 for a pair of sneakers meant you were getting something really hot. Like Sole Collector collab hot. Now $300 is a standard for Nike ID? $200 for a GR? So Nike owes something to Kanye but don't kid yourself that Kanye has any intellectual property rights to the Air Nike Yeezy 2s. Crazy talk y'all.

Soccer is huge around the entire world, much bigger than the nfl. Not to mention their (Adidas) deal with the nba.
lol i know but how many of those fans are willing to spend $20 on a pair of socks or $175 for cleats? $30 for a tshirt that says Ronaldo Knows? i'm not going to pretend like i have hard numbers but i bet africa (including middle east) - the entire continent - doesn't generate as much sales for adidas soccer compared to... let's say Texas with the Texans and Cowboys - 2 nfl teams.

i love futball (soccer) - and but it isn't a cash cow. adidas tried to go all crazy with ncaa uniforms, reebok tried to make rg3 elite socks, in the end nike is laughing all the way to the bank.

adidas deal w/ the nba is moot point cause jordan and nike own all the big players except Rose. not to mention NFL dwarfs NBA in terms of fan base / jersey sales / all that good stuff.

Last edited:
If nike could just drop these as an overproduced gr that anyone could get for weeks after RD, I wouldn't mind one bit. as long as I got my pair. Also just want the mystery n speculation to end already, if this really is the end of the yeezy x nike partnership one of them needs to address it (and whether we should be anticipating a release of the ROs at all, enough games)

On another note, whether they're produced by nike, Adidas, or phat farm, any news on a yeezy 3 model is exciting to me.

lol i know but how many of those fans are willing to spend $20 on a pair of socks or $175 for cleats? $30 for a tshirt that says Ronaldo Knows? i'm not going to pretend like i have hard numbers but i bet africa (including middle east) - the entire continent - doesn't generate as much sales for adidas soccer compared to... let's say Texas with the Texans and Cowboys - 2 nfl teams.

i love futball (soccer) - and but it isn't a cash cow. adidas tried to go all crazy with ncaa uniforms, reebok tried to make rg3 elite socks, in the end nike is laughing all the way to the bank.

adidas deal w/ the nba is moot point cause jordan and nike own all the big players except Rose. not to mention NFL dwarfs NBA in terms of fan base / jersey sales / all that good stuff.
Comparing fans of the Texans and Cowboys to the Whole Middle East and Africa?
laugh.gif
  You should of just used the State of Texas.

Nike is definitely a bigger company and worth more, but they also have ALOT  more  checks to cut.

A lot of you guys don't give Adidas enough credit. Remember the hype behind these?
I don't remember any hype behind those Big Seans. I just remembering them selling out.

And to go with a point someone else made in this thread, they were limited. Nowhere near GR numbers. The real question is how well will Yeezys do under adidas if they're made for the masses. All the Yeezys so far have sold out immediately in part because they had Ye's name on it. But also because they were limited. Kanye has a lot of fans. But will they still sell out like crazy with GR jordan type production numbers? Someone else mentioned that the PacSun kanye shirts sold out in most places. Thats kinda different. Thats a $30 tshirt and even then, they weren't made available at EVERY pacsun. Even that was kinda limited. No guarantee that a $245+ GR kanye shoe will sell out everywhere. Even $200+ retail Jordans/Nikes dont always sell out with maybe the exception of some Foams. Jordan even knows to make their $200+ jordan packs and sigs somewhat limited.

I'm interested to see how things turn out. Or even who he really signed with.

:lol: @ all the excuses of people thinking Kanye and another brand won't work.

'If it's at this level...'

'Well those were limited ....'

'Well the price on that was ....' :lol:

You all really don't sound aware.
APC was by far the best release

Selling out then taking pre orders for a limited amount of time? :pimp:

Comparing fans of the Texans and Cowboys to the Whole Middle East and Africa?
laugh.gif
  You should of just used the State of Texas.

Nike is definitely a bigger company and worth more, but they also have ALOT  more  checks to cut.
just trying to point out football/futbol - again i'm going off my *** on numbers but i'd bet on it (i'm a terrible gambler) 

:lol: @ all the excuses of people thinking Kanye and another brand won't work.

'If it's at this level...'

'Well those were limited ....'

'Well the price on that was ....' :lol:

You all really don't sound aware.
APC was by far the best release

Selling out then taking pre orders for a limited amount of time? :pimp:

Nobody said it wouldn't work out. Nobody said Kanye x Adidas wouldn't make some dope ****.

We said Nike ain't crying over Kaye West.

Thats part of the problem in this discussion. Half of ya'll got your heads so far up Kanye's rear end, you aren't even reading our posts clearly.

Like, do ya'll really read anymore? Or do you just skim through this ****?

Last edited:
8:45 into it is where he talks about the Yeezys/Mark Parker.  Wow, he's definitely heated about it.  I could see it being 
"The Kanye West Collection" by Adidas.  Just to make him feel like its his line and all under his power.  

Why did they put Ye to addias in the topic -_- all this Ye and addias talk is annoying, lets discuss that when we have at least pictures of anything. We still dont have a confirmed RO release date and everyone just concerned with addias.

Every single Yeezy thread has turned into this. This is the third or fourth yeezy thread I've seen where majority of the post were calling each other names because they disagreed over something about the shoe. After the second thread, I just stopped here and went to the other site for the trickle down effect without the hostility. 60% shots at other poster, 38% "word from my uncle's cousin's nephew's step sister's second son is", 2% real info. I just want some info about a release date and where they will release, nothing else.

Last edited:
Sorry but was there any source saying adidas was the company of choice or did the thread just run with that. Sounds like in that rant it could be any kind of brand.. even an international luxury brand maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom