OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

from sports.yahoo.com

We've been somewhat skeptical of fortune tellers since the unfortunate "Basement in the Alamo" incident in "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure." But that's not to say that there aren't reputable individuals that are in touch with a psychic energy and enhanced understanding of the universe.

Debbie is a tarot card reader who appears at the Gas Light in Ridley Park, Pa. She agreed to assist us in predicting this year's Stanley Cup playoffs with her abilities. She claims not to have knowledge of the current state of the NHL; she asked for logos, team names and specific questions about the postseason.

As for the first round, here's what she was able to predict:

As for the Stanley Cup champion ... well, things got a little more mysterious.
http://
From Debbie, via email:
"I was drawn to four teams, the color red was significant and the team has (or had) a royal history in the sport (I saw the crown as a symbol). The winning team is very confident and can't wait to gloat when they do win.

I don't know what this means but I also saw the possibility of two home arenas for the winning teams, for example -- a new one being built or the close proximity to each other.

Lastly, I saw an angel watching over this team, someone significant to this team has crossed over.

The four teams I was drawn to are:

New Jersey Devils (Stanley Cup winner)

New York Rangers

Detroit Red Wings

Montreal Canadiens"

Now, here's the thing: Some of her inklings seem to point to teams outside of her four.

"Someone significant to this team has crossed over" ... in no way making light of this tragedy, the loss of Taylor Pyatt's fiancée would fit this description for the Vancouver Canucks. Then again, the Columbus Blue Jackets have also dedicated their season to founding owner John H. McConnell, who died a year ago this month.

"The possibility of two home arenas for the winning teams" ... say, aren't the Pittsburgh Penguins getting a new barn soon?

The accuracy and validity of this stuff is in the eye of the beholder. But it all sort of creeps us out. Please note that we're not dragging out the Ouija board for Exotic Wagers, either. If only because we fear a furious Bill Wirtz will cross over and attempt to black out the Chicago playoff games.

smokin.gif

Pittsburgh looked good last night........hopefully they make ME look good since I picked them to come out of the East
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

ATFK your thoughts?
3717076f959c74035932fca38bfb4511-getty-85974535bb003_carolina_hurr.jpg

and over at the hfboards someone pointed out that homie in the rangers jersey got photoshopped out of the picture on the devils homepage
laugh.gif

The NHL handed Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Daniel Carcillo a one-game suspension for his role in an incident in the waning moments of Game 1 of the Flyers first round playoff series with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

ATFK your thoughts?

and over at the hfboards someone pointed out that homie in the rangers jersey got photoshopped out of the picture on the devils homepage
laugh.gif
Thats me!... nah jk... thats probably just some guy who isn't a big hockey fan and thats the only jersey he had.

i'd hope so, i can understand rocking another teams jersey to a game, ive done it before but to be up and cheering and for a rival no less
smh.gif
laugh.gif

lets go CBJ, we know what happend the last couple times the red wings were a number 2 seed
laugh.gif

The journey for a repeat starts tonite. So pumped. they better end it early in the game because I have to bounce around the start of the 3rd period. Defenseneeds to amp it up. Liddy seems to have slept walked through the regular season so he should be prime to dominate. Hossa better go off and Dats/Hank should besolid as ever. Lets get it Wings.

Originally Posted by cquan05

The NHL handed Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Daniel Carcillo a one-game suspension for his role in an incident in the waning moments of Game 1 of the Flyers first round playoff series with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

smh.gif
smh.gif
$%^@^ bum. Homer shouldve traded alberts or jones
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
anyway Carcillo is worthless

laugh.gif
this is random...check Lemieux at the end of the vid

I hadn't heard about this until yesterday.....someone brought it up on sports radio when I was driving home...

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

ATFK your thoughts?

laugh.gif

This guy was on the smoking deck and was being verbally abused. He had 100+ ppl all at the same time chanting a-hole at the same time.
roll.gif

Big win Bruins..
pimp.gif
Chara's bomb was nice. Kovalev's goal topshelf was
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Lapierre hit on Krejci was so unnecessary. Only gonna lead to more bad blood in Game 2.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Big win Bruins..
pimp.gif
Chara's bomb was nice. Kovalev's goal top shelf was
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Lapierre hit on Krejci was so unnecessary. Only gonna lead to more bad blood in Game 2.
yessirrrrrrrrr!!! huge win. saturday night should be interesting. i was watching tonights game at one of my friend's places. when kovalevblasted that goal, we all seriously were just staring at the tv deal silent. it was like, wth just happened. sick shot. fired up about the win tho. and pumpedfor saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom