OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

I am a believer in the Canucks now. I strongly believe that either the Wings or Canucks win the Stanley Cup this year. Vancouver appears to be one of those teams that gets red hot at the exact time they need to.

I'm pulling for Anaheim to beat the Wings. As far-fetched as it may sound and with all the firepower they have, I'd love to see them get knocked outagainst an 8 seed (can't remember if it was Detroit that Edmonton beat a couple years ago).

1 hour til Wings/Ducks.
With Rafalski out, I really hope we can come out and steal this one in Detroit.

damn what a hit
sick.gif

On Versus they are saying Donald Brashear suspension for Brown. I sure don't think so. It was clean hit (no elbow). Hudler just had his head down and itwas second late.

That's exactly what it is. If he hadn't bled there would have been only a 2 minute minor called. Oh well.
We've played pretty well. Huge goal by Selanne after he hit the post earlier. Perry has to realize our top players can't get into fights.
Let's get em in the 3rd.

Damn that was a vicious hit...but I agree with DoubleJ's...I forgot the Finals used to be on ABC...I was pissed as all hell when Kariya came back whatmaybe 5 minutes later and ripped that slapshot right by Brodeur...that arena exploded.

when Hudler turned around to admire his pass, he went right into Mike Brown's lane

just like what Randy Carlye said, this is a physical contact game. Mike Brown isnt just gonna suddenly stop and turn around. hes gonna finish his check,especially when the Hudler went to him.

And Mike Brown didnt even get his elbows up, all he wanted to do was brace himself for impact.

sucks if Brown does get suspended. cause my dude Ben Eager had a similar hit and it was definitely late and he didnt get suspended.

Does Corey Perry think Dats even understood him? What a moron. Good loss there Ducks. Way to not take advantage of a shorthanded Detroit team that had about 10days off. Good luck the rest of the series. How did Ericcson's fists taste?

Honestly, him getting suspended might help us. He's nothing but an energy player. It could allow us to throw in a more skilled young player on the 4th linelike Kontiola. The BS thing was the 5 min major, which was guaranteed to hand Detroit at least one goal. Not to mention Brown was a good PK guy. Completelychanged the outlook of the game.

Gonna need Getzlaf to win more than 3 of 21 faceoffs to get a win. Thats pathetic. EDIT: Hank won 16 faceoffs compared to Anaheim winning 15. Thats crazy.Thats not bad for the second best faceoff guy on our team.

Yeah Getzlafs real pathetic being number one in points in the playoffs and its all his fault we lost yesterday.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Does Corey Perry think Dats even understood him? What a moron. Good loss there Ducks. Way to not take advantage of a shorthanded Detroit team that had about 10 days off. Good luck the rest of the series. How did Ericcson's fists taste?
i should of stated that Perry video is old. someone on another board brought it up and i forgot how funny it was. either way im not a Ducks fanbut i think the Ducks will advance.

If you've got the time, this is a GREAT read....it's on Donald Brashear and his upbringing....some horrible stuff in this article...
smh.gif
He's gotsome real demons....

[h1]For Capitals' Brashear, Fighting's a Way of Life[/h1]
Outside the Washington Capitals locker room, the most feared fighter in the National Hockey League stared at a sealed envelope that had just been handed to him by a reporter. On the front, in neat, cursive writing, a relative whom Donald Brashear has not seen for 18 years, had written simply, "Donald." Brashear clutched the envelope in his swollen left hand, the hand he has shaped into the cudgel of a fist in 223 fights over 15 violent seasons in the NHL. He thought hard about opening it, whether he wanted to peel back the layers of his past, because, he said, "there are some things I don't want to know, some doors I don't want to open."

When the Capitals step onto the ice at Verizon Center this afternoon for the first game of their second-round playoff series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, Brashear will not be skating with them. In a first-round game against the New York Rangers, Brashear caught an unsuspecting Rangers forward in the face with his forearm, sending him crashing to the ice and breaking an orbital bone. The blow, and an encounter with another Rangers player before the contest, earned Brashear a six-game suspension.

For fans of professional hockey in North America, he is an imposing 6-foot-3, 235-pound forward, one of the sport's most recognizable enforcers, a black man playing a predominantly white man's sport whose skating and stick skills have been dwarfed by his ability to pummel opponents with his fists.

Brashear, 37, is known as a loner. He lives in a sparsely furnished, two-bedroom apartment in Penn Quarter. No pictures of his two boys or his friends hang on the bare walls, no awards. Nothing. He broke off an engagement to a woman he adored last month because "we want different things. It's just too hard for me to be in a relationship."

"Brash don't trust anybody," said Frederic Cyr, whom Brashear met when Cyr tended bar at Montreal's L'Action almost 20 years ago. "What he has in life is his friends and teammates, and when he leaves hockey he will miss all that."

Except for a half-brother, he does not speak to his family. For almost 30 years, he has largely cut himself off from the rest of the world because of what happened to him as a child.

On this day, Brashear walked toward his gleaming black Cadillac Escalade in the parking lot of the Capitals' training complex, opened the driver's door and put the envelope on the passenger's seat with his belongings. A connection to his childhood remained in the envelope, which sat there, unopened, on the drive home.

"I worry about opening that window because you start to care -- you start caring and sometimes you can't really help them," he said. "They're still hurting and you feel bad for them. So I don't want to feel bad for anybody. The only thing I was caring about for years was myself. And that's what I did. That's the only way I could succeed."

[font=Arial,Helvetica]'I Fought When I Felt I Had To'
[/font]

In his first fight on the ice, as a 17-year-old in junior hockey, Brashear knocked down an opposing player with a straight punch to the face. Then he began skating again, holding his head high.

"It was a huge moment," he said. "He could have been the one knocking me down. He could have been the tough guy. I could have not dropped the gloves and have never fought anybody. Because I wasn't very confident doing that before I did it. I had never tried it. I just jumped into something that I had no idea what it was."

Rest of Article

Back
Top Bottom