OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

first of all what does NBC covering the penguins have to do with tripping not being called.

2.) go blackhawks.

3.) its crosby vs. ovechkin because they hate each other and the (little) media attention the NHL gets is all about ovechkin and a little bit of crosby

4.) It doesn't matter who you shut down for the hawks we have other weapons...like tonight sharp had two. and game 1 kane had 2.

5.) I will be wearing my kane jersey for game 3.....that's all

I'll Just ask someone in Chicago to offer Barker a beer...
grin.gif
word to"mono" in the world juniors.

Chicago is a great team; I am excited for the five games left in this series. Better Hawks that the Wings...

Had to work last night, the score jumped from 2-0 'nucks to 2-5. Oh well, didn't expect this series to go less than 6. Hopefully they can steal oneback.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

first of all what does NBC covering the penguins have to do with tripping not being called.

2.) go blackhawks.

3.) its crosby vs. ovechkin because they hate each other and the (little) media attention the NHL gets is all about ovechkin and a little bit of crosby

4.) It doesn't matter who you shut down for the hawks we have other weapons...like tonight sharp had two. and game 1 kane had 2.

laugh.gif
u serious??

Good work 'Hawks. I'm pumped for Game 2 today. I would expect Anaheim to come out a little pissed off but hopefully the Wings can stay cool and slowlywear them down. Ozzie is a different animal this post season though. Dude has doubters all over and that is his main motivation.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

2.) go blackhawks.

laugh.gif
u serious??

Nobody ever comes on here pointing out the times when Pittsburgh gets hosed by calls - there are no conspiracy cries at that point. Hell, the announcersdon't even like Pittsburgh on NBC - they're constantly pointing out negative things towards the Pens.

Whatever you people perceive as an agenda to rig things for the Pens is just not there. It's time to move past that line of crap... they were the bestteam in the east last year and proved it, and this year they ended up one of the better teams in the east and will probably end their run in about that sort ofstanding as well.. how is the agenda you speak of helping them in anyway if they end up exactly where they're supposed to?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Hell, the announcers don't even like Pittsburgh on NBC - they're constantly pointing out negative things towards the Pens.
Are you serious? Eddie Olczyk referred to the Penguins as "we" yesterday. They never shut up about Sidney Crosby. They LOVE thePenguins. I have no idea what you're talking about.

2.) go blackhawks.

laugh.gif
u serious??
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
since when does nbc have refs

roll.gif

Just as the Pens can't remember Varlamov's name, Ovechkin can't remember theirs, instead referring to them several times as "that pretty good team." Ovechkin the Gamesman also had a sharp needle in evaluating the play of the respective goalies, since Fleury was saved twice by Capitals shots, by Ovechkin and Fleischmann, that hit the post. "Varly played well," said the Great Eight. "And the post played well."

Link

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

2.) go blackhawks.

laugh.gif
u serious??

Nobody ever comes on here pointing out the times when Pittsburgh gets hosed by calls - there are no conspiracy cries at that point. Hell, the announcers don't even like Pittsburgh on NBC - they're constantly pointing out negative things towards the Pens.

Whatever you people perceive as an agenda to rig things for the Pens is just not there. It's time to move past that line of crap... they were the best team in the east last year and proved it, and this year they ended up one of the better teams in the east and will probably end their run in about that sort of standing as well.. how is the agenda you speak of helping them in anyway if they end up exactly where they're supposed to?
Things tended to go the Penguins way while they were on NBC last year....from the slurping of Crosby by McGuire & the idiot Milbury, it justmade for interesting chatter....nothing more, nothing less....

also, that was a BLATANT trip of Bradley by the Penguins...right in front of the ref....but, 20 seconds later he decides to pull out his whistle and getErskine for tripping malkin in the neutral zone....bad...BAD officiating.

smoke ya later, malkin and ovechkin hate each other more because of the russian pride factor.

WHAT THE *#*%!!!!!!!!!!
Kicked into our own net.
We need to play 5on5. If we can do that we win. Plain and simple. If we don't take stupid penalties we will win.

Yeah, it sucks cause we'd be up 2-1. And then Hiller let in a pretty weak goal. Oh well, it's anybody's game now. Our top line is just dominating5on5 though.

You really dont think the announcers favor Pitt? They aren't the benefactors of certain calls? I am not a salty Capitals fan by any means. I don'tparticularly care about the series at all other than I think Washington will win. It is however comical for me to watch a nationally televised game featuringthe Pittsburgh Penguins in regards to the amount of calls they get and non-calls that fall in their favor.

I have no problem with Pitt and wouldn't mind seeing them win the Cup, but there is no denying they do get some extremely favorable calls because ofCrosby.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

You really dont think the announcers favor Pitt? They aren't the benefactors of certain calls? I am not a salty Capitals fan by any means. I don't particularly care about the series at all other than I think Washington will win. It is however comical for me to watch a nationally televised game featuring the Pittsburgh Penguins in regards to the amount of calls they get and non-calls that fall in their favor.
I think we're all susceptible to feeling like the other team is getting all the calls - and particularly when a team has a league star or two,feelings of bitterness can tend to creep in and cause you to make a bigger deal out of certain calls and no-calls for that team that others.

It works the other way too, where I am probably overlooking things my team does that do/don't get called because they're MY team. But generallyspeaking, I think these sorts of things tend to even themselves out over the course of most series and to get hung up on a few and start screaming NBCConspiracy is just ridiculous.

NBC does have a job to promote the sport - it's for their own interests and the NHL's... to talk up guys like Crosby and Malkin. At the same time, theannouncers don't always have to LIKE doing it.
laugh.gif

Damn this game shouldn't even be close. One own goal, two posts, and two blown breakaways. Doesn't matter now though. All that matters is we need tocome out and win this in OT.

I'm bout to have a heart attack here with all these saves Hillers making.

C'mon guys please pull this out.

i thought NBC said they're gonna switch and get Versus to cover the rest of the game if it goes beyond 1OT

I heard them say the Equestrian Championships or whatnot has actually been rescheduled because of the game still going...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom