OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

I don't know why all these Sharks "fans" are blaming Nabokov and acting like the Sharks just lost this series because they choked. The Ducks wonthis series by dominating the Sharks 5on5 and with the PP. Hiller was the better goalie and Pronger was the absolute best player on the ice all series long. Infact, I'll go as far as to say that I guarantee the Sharks would be in the second round had they drawn the Blues or Blue Jackets. Just unlucky for themthey didn't.

This next series is going to be a great one, as they always are with the Ducks and Wings. I really believe the Ducks can pull it out.

Hiller was VERY impressive. The Ducks got hot at the perfect time, and the Sharks got cold at the worst time coming into the playoffs.

OMG Walker's like "nah, its nothin'.." I'd be on the ice crying my %$# off...
laugh.gif

Thornton fought Getzlaf? Interesting and only 2 seconds in according to the box score, this is the same thing every year with the Sharks. They are just likethe Pheonix Suns. Great regular season team but when it counts, they crumble.

Yeah Thornton came out acting tough. Too bad he was practically invisible again at even strength and ended the game with 2 or 3 shots. Pretty bad fight though.

pumped for the couple of game 7s tonight...not sure who i even want to win. def. like AO and the caps more, but not sure who gives us the best shot at winning

Wow, talk about a choke job on SJ's part, that was terrible.

IDK if the Rangers will win tonight, they had their chances despite their scoring deficiencies, Caps smell blood..... Lund can't do it all himself.

Plus the Rangers lose their 2 best penalty killers, which is the one advantage they have over every team they face....they need a miracle tonight.

^ They need Henrik to play like Jesus tonight to win...or Drury needs to find that Colorado magic touch.

SJ what can you say? Same old same old. Joe T is going to go down as one of those stars who folded and choked under the pressure of the postseason. And takethat C off Marleau's jersey...chump.

Go Devils.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

I don't know why all these Sharks "fans" are blaming Nabokov and acting like the Sharks just lost this series because they choked. The Ducks won this series by dominating the Sharks 5on5 and with the PP. Hiller was the better goalie and Pronger was the absolute best player on the ice all series long. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that I guarantee the Sharks would be in the second round had they drawn the Blues or Blue Jackets. Just unlucky for them they didn't.

This next series is going to be a great one, as they always are with the Ducks and Wings. I really believe the Ducks can pull it out cant win..
I fixed it for you, you can thank me later....

Hope the Canes can pull it off tonight, just because they share the RBC Center. More importantly, I want to see the Canucks next week at the United Center.Should be a great series.

Game 7, tonight!...

"Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's whatyou've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them.Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players.Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what agreat hockey team they have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it."- Herb Brooks

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Game 7, tonight!...

"Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team they have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it."- Herb Brooks
pimp.gif
speech

I don't know why all these Sharks "fans" are blaming Nabokov and acting like the Sharks just lost this series because they choked. The Ducks won this series by dominating the Sharks 5on5 and with the PP. Hiller was the better goalie and Pronger was the absolute best player on the ice all series long.
Exactly. I'm not blaming Marleau, Thornton, Nabokov this time. The Sharks didn't lose the series.... The Duck WON the series.

hockey in San Jose isnt gonna grow when they keep losing like this

id rather see the LA Kings get better with all that young talent, and expand the popularity of hockey in LA
even now when they're the bottom feeders of the league, you can still see they have a decent crowd at Staples

To be 100% honest I didnt think the Sharks would win anyway. Everyone saying this is a major upset, but in my mind it really isnt. The only major upset wouldhave been if Columbus beat Detroit or if Montreal beat Boston.

The Ducks won the series yea, but when you have the offensive depth that SJ had this season you have to put more shots on a rookie goaltender and a lot morepressure than they did on the PP. Fairly or unfairly, it's going to fall on Marleau/Thornton/Nabakov's shoulders for another first round exit and thistime as a one seed. I see it as fairly being put on their shoulders.

Flames....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

VanVsCgy.jpg

Bring on the Wackhawks.

And Lundqvist.... I absolutely know it is just coincidence that he started sucking after I made those comments... but I feel like I jinxed him or something...
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Henrik is gonna have to play excellent if the Rangers want to beat the Caps
Right now the Caps got the best forward offensive minded line in hockey

I'm pumped for the game tonight, and I don't even follow the Rangers. (I don't follow the NHL throughout the season, but I enjoy watching playoffhockey).

(If this video doesn't get you pumped up, I don't know what will.)

Based off of what I have seen from the Rangers this series, they need to play great defense tonight (stopping this Ovechkin fella, same for Semin) and scoreearly on. If Henrik has a lead to work with, he'll be fine.

Originally Posted by DublBagn

I don't know why all these Sharks "fans" are blaming Nabokov and acting like the Sharks just lost this series because they choked. The Ducks won this series by dominating the Sharks 5on5 and with the PP. Hiller was the better goalie and Pronger was the absolute best player on the ice all series long. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that I guarantee the Sharks would be in the second round had they drawn the Blues or Blue Jackets. Just unlucky for them they didn't.

This next series is going to be a great one, as they always are with the Ducks and Wings. I really believe the Ducks can pull it out cant win..
I fixed it for you, you can thank me later....

Who was the last team that beat Detroit in the playoffs if you don't mind me asking? Plus we didn't get any production from our 2nd line in the firstround. That won't continue. More importantly than anything else though, Chris Pronger has finally decided to play like Chris Pronger. And BTW I'm notsaying we will definitely win. I'm just saying we have just as much of a chance of anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom