OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

tired.gif
at the Devils tonight. I don't know why this team looks like hellsome nights and great others. Luckily the games have been split evenly this series and based on that, they might be ok. I wish they'd close it out tonightthough.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

tired.gif
at the Devils tonight. I don't know why this team looks like hell some nights and great others. Luckily the games have been split evenly this series and based on that, they might be ok. I wish they'd close it out tonight though.

Yea need to get some rest before a possible second round matchup with Pittsburgh. The better matchup (hopefully) would be with Washington, they'll becoming out of a 7 game series with a rookie goalie.

Looks like Brashear could get suspended and not because of the elbow...........this idiot was taking warms ups and started to get into it with Colton Orr forabsolutely no reason
smh.gif
smh.gif
Brash crossed the center line and I THINK that might be an automatic one gamesuspension because the league is also trying to cut out the whole ruckus during the pre game skate.

cquan I heard about that too.

Its more deserved to get suspended for the hit than the pre-game altercation. I see where the league is coming from, but c'mon.

As for the hospitalized comment though, little do people remember what Macsorley did to Brash. You thought the hit today was bad? Man, back years ago, dudepaid the price for being a "tough guy".

Anyway, suspend the dude 1 game for the pre-game stuff, and another 1 or 2 for the hit. The NHL should make them seperate if they wanna get their point across.

ATFK, looking on the home page... why the hell are the Blues in yellow!?
laugh.gif

I thought it was funny...

Carry on.

Wait, where is the Lundqvist bandwagon? Sorry if I hit a nerve. The Rangers suck, and even if they do win this game 7 which I don't want, they get swept inthe 2nd round. No goal scoring what so ever. Hahaha team is a joke

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

cquan I heard about that too.

Its more deserved to get suspended for the hit than the pre-game altercation. I see where the league is coming from, but c'mon.

As for the hospitalized comment though, little do people remember what Macsorley did to Brash. You thought the hit today was bad? Man, back years ago, dude paid the price for being a "tough guy".

Anyway, suspend the dude 1 game for the pre-game stuff, and another 1 or 2 for the hit. The NHL should make them seperate if they wanna get their point across.
Agreed.........but I don't see them taking any action on the hit to be honest with you.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Wait, where is the Lundqvist bandwagon? Sorry if I hit a nerve. The Rangers suck, and even if they do win this game 7 which I don't want, they get swept in the 2nd round. No goal scoring what so ever. Hahaha team is a joke
alright relax... I don't normally do this but...

The Rangers are a joke?... Where are the Stars? They're sitting on the couch watching the playoffs. If you want to see a joke, look at your captain MikeModano. The team starts off horribly and he blames it squarely on Sean Avery meanwhile his goaltender couldn't stop a beachball.

YO, I don't remember Numberr97 being this way........
ohwell.gif
I'm not going to getinto a back and forth with you, but you seemed like you knew hockey etc etc.....and wasn't one of those plugs that came in here and just bashed other teamsand don't know squat about hockey.
frown.gif

As for the hospitalized comment though, little do people remember what Macsorley did to Brash. You thought the hit today was bad? Man, back years ago, dude paid the price for being a "tough guy".
No I do remember that but because he paid the price back in the day doesn't make what he did ok. And yes, the hit today was very bad. Bettshead turned the other way didn't even see that coming. Brashear built up a pretty good amount of momentum towards Betts and nailed him in his temple withan elbow/forearm. I'd say that's pretty bad.

Wait, where is the Lundqvist bandwagon? Sorry if I hit a nerve. The Rangers suck, and even if they do win this game 7 which I don't want, they get swept in the 2nd round. No goal scoring what so ever. Hahaha team is a joke
What bandwagon? TPOB made a comment that he wasn't top 5 in the league and I disagreed and gave my points. I disagreed does that make me amember of Henrik's bandwagon? Be real kid.

i cant believe i didnt notice this while watching the game
roll.gif

and the "caniacs" has got the be the most fruitiest name ever for fans
laugh.gif
. (no offense to any canes fans lurking)

Yeah you are right I'll stop talking about the rangers but lets not talk about the stars. I am not going to make any excuses but they were probably themost injured team this season, so the injuries kept them out of the playoffs. Don't worry they'll be back next season. Let's not forget how theybeat the rangers 2-1 and 10-2 this year either

oh and to clear things up I wasn't talking to anyone on the message board in particular I am just annoyed cause I live in New york and have to hear howamazing the rangers are and how lundqvist is the best ever and taking the rangers to the cup finals. It gets annoying after a while so I have to fire back.Yeah lundqvist is a good goalie but not the best

Yeah you are right I'll stop talking about the rangers but lets not talk about the stars. I am not going to make any excuses but they were probably the most injured team this season, so the injuries kept them out of the playoffs. Don't worry they'll be back next season. Let's not forget how they beat the rangers 2-1 and 10-2 this year either

Nobody cares though dude.
laugh.gif

Rangers suck yada yada, point is after Game 1 they can't even score which has been a problem all year, putting a ton of pressure on Lund to win these 1-0games. You can't do that vs a high powered Caps team.

Rangers coaching cost them the last 2 games, sitting Avery was dumb.

they probably will lose this series now.

Capitals' Donald Brashear has a 1pm (et) hearing with the NHL to discuss his actions in Game 6 against the Rangers. He will face supplemental discipline for his exchange with Colton Orr prior to the game and his late hit on Blair Betts.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

orbital bone...is that like the eye area?
Yeah....eye area...

Brash played something like 2:30 yesterday...if he does get suspended (which he probably will), Caps should activate Chris Clark...whatever they do, theyshouldn't have Nylander on the ice at all for the remainder of the post season....

oh and to clear things up I wasn't talking to anyone on the message board in particular I am just annoyed cause I live in New york and have to hear how amazing the rangers are and how lundqvist is the best ever and taking the rangers to the cup finals. It gets annoying after a while so I have to fire back. Yeah lundqvist is a good goalie but not the best

Makes a little more sense now that your frustration boiled over.

Yeah you are right I'll stop talking about the rangers but lets not talk about the stars. I am not going to make any excuses but they were probably the most injured team this season, so the injuries kept them out of the playoffs. Don't worry they'll be back next season. Let's not forget how they beat the rangers 2-1 and 10-2 this year either
I saw the injury card coming from a mile away. And big deal that the Stars beat the Rangers twice in two REGULAR SEASON games. Is it thatimportant to you?

Don't even answer that question, I don't want to turn this thread into a pissing match.

I am just annoyed cause I live in New york and have to hear how amazing the rangers are and how lundqvist is the best ever and taking the rangers to the cup finals.
That comment couldn't be further off base. Every sports writer in the New York area talks about the Rangers negatively. Whether they aretalking about how awful Sather is, how bad the powerplay is, stupid contracts, or coaching changes, every single article I read about the Rangers is negative.Rangers fans are probably the most pessimistic fans in sports (including me) and none of us here on Niketalk ever said the Rangers are going to the Finals orLundqvist was the best ever. I really want to know where you hear how amazing the Rangers are.

Back
Top Bottom