OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

roll.gif
@ 'ol Saddam lookin messing up tortorella's suit
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I missed the game tonight....what did Avery do? I saw Bradley's goals, and Ovechkin's in the highlights.....SICK.....cot dam I hope they come out onfire in MSG on Sunday....

The timing on the spotlight was perfect
laugh.gif

I've been sitting here trying to see if they light it up early or not, great goal nonetheless.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

roll.gif
I don't know why anyone would mess with Tortorella... that is one guy I would not fight.
Turns out Torts was the one who instigate the whole thing....

By the time John Tortorella turned to face the fans behind his bench last night at Verizon Center, the New York Rangers team he coaches trailed by four goals in the third period. Tortorella had already toyed with his own personnel, benching the player who most annoys Washington Capitals fans, forward Sean Avery, then yanking the man who had mystified the Capitals through the series' first four games, goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

The agitating that happened next, though, surprised the Capitals fans seated in the first few rows, taking in a Game 5 that would either save their season or end it. With 13 minutes 27 seconds remaining in the game, Tortorella, the fans said, became so angry with them that he hurled a water bottle over the plexiglass that separates the bench from the crowd, a bottle that struck Capitals' season ticket-holder Claudette Chandonia in the head. He then grabbed one of his player's sticks, stepped onto the bench and lunged toward the crowd, with the stick, as his entire Rangers team -- and the four game officials -- stood around him on the bench and on the ice.

"He was losing and he was frustrated, I guess," said Chandonia, who lives in the District. "I couldn't believe it. I looked up, and he was throwing the water bottle -- and then it hit me right here, right in the head, and it bounced off me."

This, then, punctuated a brutal night for the Rangers, who had been in control of the series, leading three games to one, but now face a revitalized Washington outfit that may have done the unthinkable: rattle Lundqvist. In the preceding days, the Capitals had talked not of being beaten by the Rangers as a whole, but being beaten by Lundqvist alone. Last night, Lundqvist allowed two goals on the first four shots he faced, and four on the 14 he saw before Tortorella pulled him.

"It's on me," Lundqvist said. "No question."

Now, though, the pressure may be back on the Rangers, and it began to show during that third period. With Avery -- who had taken 24 minutes in penalties over the first four games -- benched because of a lack of discipline, Tortorella was the one who took on the role of hothead.

Fans in the seats around Chandonia, who said she was struck by the water bottle, confirmed the incident, and an in-house video feed from Verizon Center showed Tortorella throwing the bottle over the outstretched hand of a security guard. Fans also said Tortorella squirted water through two panes of glass before he threw the bottle.

Tortorella, however, would not address the issue -- or what led him to become so incensed -- after his team's 4-0 loss, which forced a sixth game tomorrow in New York.

"Ask me a question about the game," Tortorella said. "That's nothing. Has nothing to do with tonight."

Pushed to address whether he threw anything into the stands, Tortorella said: "Ask me a question about the game. Please."

Link

Not to be a debby downer to you ranger/ Lundqvist lovers but Varlamov > Lundqvist this series if you guys want to talk about stats and we wont count game 1.
And there is no way Lundqvist is the best goalie right now, just because Luongo is still in it.

I'm glad the capitals figured out ways to score now and play the rangers so now the upcoming games should be exciting.

WASHINGTON -- John Tortorella faces disciplinary action from the NHL after throwing a water bottle from the Rangers' bench into the stands at 6:33 of the third period of last night's Game 5, 4-0 defeat to the Caps.

The head coach, who would not answer questions about the incident, could be suspended by commissioner Gary Bettman for tomorrow afternoon's Game 6 at the Garden. The Rangers' public relations representative threatened to end last night's postgame press conference if questions on the subject continued.

Link

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Not to be a debby downer to you ranger/ Lundqvist lovers but Varlamov > Lundqvist this series if you guys want to talk about stats and we wont count game 1.
But look who Varlamov has to go up against... Chris Drury with a broken wrist?.... Lundqvist has to shut down Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Green,and Fedorov all at the same time.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

roll.gif
I don't know why anyone would mess with Tortorella... that is one guy I would not fight.
Turns out Torts was the one who instigate the whole thing....

By the time John Tortorella turned to face the fans behind his bench last night at Verizon Center, the New York Rangers team he coaches trailed by four goals in the third period. Tortorella had already toyed with his own personnel, benching the player who most annoys Washington Capitals fans, forward Sean Avery, then yanking the man who had mystified the Capitals through the series' first four games, goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

The agitating that happened next, though, surprised the Capitals fans seated in the first few rows, taking in a Game 5 that would either save their season or end it. With 13 minutes 27 seconds remaining in the game, Tortorella, the fans said, became so angry with them that he hurled a water bottle over the plexiglass that separates the bench from the crowd, a bottle that struck Capitals' season ticket-holder Claudette Chandonia in the head. He then grabbed one of his player's sticks, stepped onto the bench and lunged toward the crowd, with the stick, as his entire Rangers team -- and the four game officials -- stood around him on the bench and on the ice.

"He was losing and he was frustrated, I guess," said Chandonia, who lives in the District. "I couldn't believe it. I looked up, and he was throwing the water bottle -- and then it hit me right here, right in the head, and it bounced off me."

This, then, punctuated a brutal night for the Rangers, who had been in control of the series, leading three games to one, but now face a revitalized Washington outfit that may have done the unthinkable: rattle Lundqvist. In the preceding days, the Capitals had talked not of being beaten by the Rangers as a whole, but being beaten by Lundqvist alone. Last night, Lundqvist allowed two goals on the first four shots he faced, and four on the 14 he saw before Tortorella pulled him.

"It's on me," Lundqvist said. "No question."

Now, though, the pressure may be back on the Rangers, and it began to show during that third period. With Avery -- who had taken 24 minutes in penalties over the first four games -- benched because of a lack of discipline, Tortorella was the one who took on the role of hothead.

Fans in the seats around Chandonia, who said she was struck by the water bottle, confirmed the incident, and an in-house video feed from Verizon Center showed Tortorella throwing the bottle over the outstretched hand of a security guard. Fans also said Tortorella squirted water through two panes of glass before he threw the bottle.

Tortorella, however, would not address the issue -- or what led him to become so incensed -- after his team's 4-0 loss, which forced a sixth game tomorrow in New York.

"Ask me a question about the game," Tortorella said. "That's nothing. Has nothing to do with tonight."

Pushed to address whether he threw anything into the stands, Tortorella said: "Ask me a question about the game. Please."

Link

There have been many different stories reported... I don't know what happened but I've read 3 completely different stories already.

The president of the Verizon Center actually said that nothing happened and That Tortorella flipped out on the fans for no reason. The guy said that nothingwas even thrown at Tortorella and nobody was ejected from the Arena. But we've all seen the video so that isn't true.

Tortorella is going to be suspended.

The president of the Verizon Center actually said that nothing happened and That Tortorella flipped out on the fans for no reason. The guy said that nothing was even thrown at Tortorella and nobody was ejected from the Arena. But we've all seen the video so that isn't true.

Tortorella is going to be suspended.

The dude who looks like Saddam (who I think looks like the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Guy in the World") who everyone thought threw the beer in thefirst place was allowed to go back to his seat...that should tell you that Torts instigate the whole thing...

another article....

WASHINGTON - The woman hit in the head by a water bottle thrown by New York Rangers coach John Tortorella late in Friday night's playoff game at Verizon Center wants the NHL to take action.

"He should be disciplined," Washington Capitals season ticket holder Claudette Chandonia said in an e-mail on Saturday. "The league can't allow coaches to throw objects blindly into the stands. What's next?"

The Caps were well on their way to a 4-0 victory in Game 5 when Tortorella was caught on tape throwing the green Gatorade bottle over the boards that separate the bench from the fans. Tortorella then grabbed one of his player's sticks before he was calmed by assistant coach Jim Schoenfeld.

"Of course I was shocked," Chandonia said. "I couldn't believe it. It wasn't empty, by the way. He looked at me at that moment and I said, 'Hey, you hit me in the face!' He just grinned."

Link

tortorellax-large.jpg

Saddam/Dos Equis dude...top left corner
laugh.gif

Grioux is some type of playmaker and that is big of me to say seeing as I hate all Philadelphia athletes. Two quick goales for Philly has Pitt looking nervous.

Back
Top Bottom