OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Pens let a great opportunity go there just played flat. Oh well just don't go 7!
7 would be sickkkkkk, for me at least. might be a little nerve wrecking for you
laugh.gif
I don't have a good feeling about this series now...
ohwell.gif

I still don't know how the Pens lost that game last night... they out-did everything the Flyers did on paper - it just seemed like every single break wentfor Philly and we couldn't catch even one lucky hop. I don't know - really frustrating game, especially since the 2nd period feed cut out whereI'm at.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

new avy...
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Touche.

Someone needs to hook me up with a Cam Ward avy...
pimp.gif
roll.gif

what kind of ratings are the hockey playoffs getting so far
I am interested to know this as well.

I think it is too early to tell, you may have to wait until the first round is complete.

Weird how you had a Kane and Malkin avy then the Rangers surprise ppl and its a Lundqvist avy lol, jk. I saw that E:60 On Ovechkin during the week and thoughtit was awesome. I just hope dude doesn't get into a car accident and kill himself or someone else.

Woooow. I'm salty because I am telling the truth?
laugh.gif
I could care less about New York or Washington, so I have no stake in that series... just shows you how NY NT'ers can't see past their city. Whatever.

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Tim Thomas
Evgeni Nabokov
Ryan Miller
Cam Ward
Mikka Kiprusoff

You're taking Lundqvist over any of these?
laugh.gif

Look at the mans stats from the regular season

The only category he cracked top 5 was wins. Save percentage, Goal against, shut-outs, didn't even crack top ten in the league this year.
laugh.gif
Luongo was out for 30 games and still had 9 shutouts.

You're right though. 4 games into the first round series, best goalie in the league.
roll.gif

Don't want to look like an idiot responding 3 pages later
laugh.gif

But no one said you were salty, I'm an NY NTer but I hate the Rangers but like I said I'll give respect to Henrik he's done his job great the last3 or 4 seasons.

On your list besides Marty and Luongo, no one else is above Henrik. Timmy? He did his thing this season yea, but don't underestimate all the help he gotthis season from Manny Fernandez and before this season he wasn't really doing jack. Last year's playoffs they did get knocked out in the first roundand Timmy didn't play all that great. Nabby? Great goalie but #5 on the list IMO (Joe T and Marleau disappearing aren't the only reasons they neversucceed in the playoffs). Miller? One of the overrated backstops in this league. That was a great team he had in front of him in 07 and he wasn't a rockin the playoffs that year. Cam? Good run in 06 but those were lackluster offensive teams he faced throughout the postseason. Great feat nonetheless, but noone else put up great stats to win the Smythe trophy and if Roloson was healthy Edmonton wins the Cup. Kipper is fragile and his GAA goes up every year.

You want to talk stats? Every goalie above him in GAA played a good amount of games less than Henrik, only Backstrom was close. Wins don't matter right? Did you happen to see that shoddy defense that he played with in NY this season? Save %? The only goalie within 200 shots of him and Backstrom was Vokoun sotake that Save % number for what it's worth. He was 3rd in the league in saves.

I really don't know what to say. Look at the stats.
Everyone can look, not everyone can analyze or go deeper into the stats.

Cam Ward? Why did I pick Cam Ward? Hilarious right?
eyes.gif

When was Lundqvist last in a Stanley Cup final? As much as you may argue, playoff experience matters. I'd take Ward without second guessing.

Even without Ward, he still doesnt crack top 5.

Let me know when he makes it to a Conference final.
Very hilarious. Look at the teams Henrik has played with in the past playoff series and look at the teams he's gone up against. Put that 06Carolina team in front of Henrik you have much better "stats". Ward is decent, but highly inconsistent.

I personally think Hiller has played better this post-season... less GA, better GAA.

Tim Thomas HAD been a mediocre goalie until 2007. Helping Boston back in to the playoffs in 07/08? Did you not watch him December/January this season? Or winning the Jennings this year?

Ryan Miller is a better goalie and a worse team. Flat out. Of all the goalies I did post, he is the one I have least faith in, though...
laugh.gif

I also said it would be generous to put Hendrik in the top 5, not impossible... why are you all taking this so personally? I was just responding to the wreckless "best goalie in the league" comment.

But I guess posting .gifs and emoticons as responses are definitely sparking intelligent conversation. You think I am wrong? Back it up. I can admit being wrong... just show me something to the contrary.

...I doubt you can, though.
So wait Hiller has had a better 4-5 games than Henrik statiscally speaking and you're ready to put him over Henrik? Think about that and tellme how ridiculous that sounds. You must forget the two towers of Pronger and Scotty Neidermayer than roam the blue line in Anaheim.

Again I give Timmy his props but don't talk like he carried that team by himself. Great D, great backup, good offense as well.

Not taking it personally, you just said something completely ridiculous. Who said he was the best goalie in the league? I know for damn sure I didn't andI know ATFK is a smarter hockey fan than that. One of the least biased Rangers fan I've ever heard speak on the subject. Didn't even believethey'd win 2 games against Washington (unless that was some reverse psychology BS
laugh.gif
).

I feel dirty for defending Henrik like this
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Alright, you bring up some damn good points. When thinking Hiller Iactually didn't clue in on Niedermeyer or Pronger...
ohwell.gif

Maybe top 5 on my part was hastey... I still believe I would take the goalies I listed over Hendrik (maybe sub Fluery in for Miller), but the sheer outrage byyou all.... I should maybe watch the Rangers game tonight more closely.
laugh.gif

One thing I will argue, however, is ...

Save %? The only goalie within 200 shots of him and Backstrom was Vokoun so take that Save % number for what it's worth. He was 3rd in the league in saves.
Save percetage for that very reason is a good stat, which is why I included it. It allows you to look at the GA with a grain of salt, if you will.I mean, if Hendrik had let in 150 goals this year and no goalie had more than 90 GA, then it would look like he sucked. But if his % was .930 or something,then obviously he just faced a helluva lot more shots, but his average save was up there.

I am not saying save percentage is the be all/end all, but it is good for comparing goaltenders that may not have played a similiar number of games.

And yes, I can't give you the page number (I have my settings at 30 posts per page) but I think it was Mez One? who said best goalie in the league...

Could have been sarcasm, but it didn't seem like it.

Anyway, I can admit maybe I need to take a closer look at what I thought I had a good handle on...
ohwell.gif

That said.... Kirk McLean is the greatest goalie in history.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Good that Torts realized Avery was only hutring the team so far in this series against Washington.

smh.gif
smh.gif
@ that 2nd goal on Lundqvist.......proves he's human after all
laugh.gif

Bradley's first goal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I think it was Mez One? who said best goalie in the league...

Could have been sarcasm, but it didn't seem like it.
Maybe he meant as of right now... I don't know.
I'm talking about right now dude, but your comment of MAYBE Top 5 is ridiculous.

Anyways.....you knew the Caps would come out firing tonight, I called this being a loss tonight but we'll see how this game pans out..

Rangers missed some chances early so far.

Save percetage for that very reason is a good stat, which is why I included it. It allows you to look at the GA with a grain of salt, if you will. I mean, if Hendrik had let in 150 goals this year and no goalie had more than 90 GA, then it would look like he sucked. But if his % was .930 or something, then obviously he just faced a helluva lot more shots, but his average save was up there.

I am not saying save percentage is the be all/end all, but it is good for comparing goaltenders that may not have played a similiar number of games.
Yea you're right on that part.

All of my points seem for naught as I turn to MSG and see it's 2-0 Washington already
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom