OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

ATFK...how does the MSG crowd respond to avery when he makes those bonehead plays. not sure if you saw the replays yet, but damn, dude really doesn't make it easy on you guys to protect a lead. the shot to jurcina on the icing race was ridiculous
they blame the refs for having a vendetta against Avery... its pretty lame. Most of his penalties lately have been pretty blatant. The only thing that bothers me is that opposing players can do whatever they want TO Avery and the refs won't call anything.
Lately they have been blatant but in Game 3 he was called for the most ridiculous penalties. Ove gets away with a lot of things on the ice.

Rangers will lose Game 5 though, they will have to win at home.

and DoubleJ's, I said this before the series started but as good as the Caps are offensively, they give up goals. The difference maker is Lund and he can carry a team.

Rangers are going to have to score more though, they can't rely on these 1-0, 2-1 games, too much pressure on Lund.
happy.gif

Anyways, as I said after game 2 the Rangers aren't going to get very far if they continue to lie on Lundqvist. He's definitely playing some of his besthockey, but if Avery & co continue to take dumb penalties at horrible times, they WILL pay for it. We'll see what happens in this series, then see whothey draw (if NYR win) and go from there. I don't see Avery sitting either, that would just look back on the Rangers organization since they decided togive him another chance and it would be like admitting Avery is just hurting the team.

rangers suck yet they are the ones up 3-1, that makes a lot of sense.

you can have all the shots on goal you want, Rangers are maing their count and Lund is showing why hes the best goaltender in the game.

i dont see how they are being outplayed, rangers have come out with more energy than the caps in every game except the last.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*inhales*

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It would be generous putting him in the top 5.

Are you all on glue? He plays 1.... ONE good series (thus far) and you are proclaiming him the Rangers savior? Please. He is a solid goaltender doing his job.He has had an amazing series (I have watched 3 of the 4) but you are hyping him like the second coming.

I can honestly say I would take Hiller over Henrik right now.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

you can have all the shots on goal you want, Rangers are maing their count and Lund is showing why hes the best goaltender in the game.

i dont see how they are being outplayed, rangers have come out with more energy than the caps in every game except the last.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*inhales*

Are you all on glue? He plays 1.... ONE good series (thus far) and you are proclaiming him the Rangers savior? Please. He is a solid goaltender doing his job. He has had an amazing series (I have watched 3 of the 4) but you are hyping him like the second coming.

ohwell.gif

I don't know about all that. Hiller over Henrik? Come on now. This is a very impressive series for him because look at the loaded talent on Washingtonand compare that to how no one on the NYR puts the puck in the net and his performance in the series is much better. Look at the mans stats from the regularseason and factor in that they (barely) had 4 20 goal scorers, there's NO WAY he's not in the top 5. Enlighten me as to 4 better goalies this seasonthan Henrik.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*inhales*

Are you all on glue? He plays 1.... ONE good series (thus far) and you are proclaiming him the Rangers savior? Please. He is a solid goaltender doing his job. He has had an amazing series (I have watched 3 of the 4) but you are hyping him like the second coming.

ohwell.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

you%20lose.jpg

I seriously want to hear 4 better goalies than Henrik...and I despise the Rangers and Henrik but I give respect where it's due.

Chara, Lidstrom, and Green named finalists for the Norris.

Pulling for Chara obviously but I wouldnt mind Lidstrom getting his 7th.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Chara, Lidstrom, and Green named finalists for the Norris.

Pulling for Chara obviously but I wouldnt mind Lidstrom getting his 7th.
not to be a homer, but chara deserves it the most. i realize mike green had a bajillion goals, but i'd rather have chara on my team.

Hopefully the Pens take care of business tonight... Satan back in the lineup excites me, I preferred him actually.

why is the garden so dark in the crowd then I see the saddledome and it's bright in the crowd it looks so much better except they all have flames jerseyson

Woooow. I'm salty because I am telling the truth?
laugh.gif
I could careless about New York or Washington, so I have no stake in that series... just shows you how NY NT'ers can't see past their city. Whatever.

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Tim Thomas
Evgeni Nabokov
Ryan Miller
Cam Ward
Mikka Kiprusoff

You're taking Lundqvist over any of these?
laugh.gif

Look at the mans stats from the regular season

The only category he cracked top 5 was wins. Save percentage, Goal against, shut-outs, didn't even crack top ten in the league this year.
laugh.gif
Luongo was out for 30 games and still had 9 shutouts.

You're right though. 4 games into the first round series, best goalie in the league.
roll.gif

Some areans dim the lights on everything except the playing surface. they might be doing this in boston. i know the lakers do it. Langenbrunner and Salvadorboth out for the Devils tonight. Small chance they'll be available for game 6 on Sunday. Hopefully this turns out being a 3-2 series in favor of NJ aftertonight or I am going to be one disgruntled employee tomorrow.

laugh.gif
I could care less about New York or Washington, so I have no stake in that series... just shows you how NY NT'ers can't see past their city. Whatever.

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Tim Thomas
Evgeni Nabokov
Ryan Miller
Cam Ward
Mikka Kiprusoff

laugh.gif

Look at the mans stats from the regular season

The only category he cracked top 5 was wins. Save percentage, Goal against, shut-outs, didn't even crack top ten in the league this year.
laugh.gif
Luongo was out for 30 games and still had 9 shutouts.

You're right though. 4 games into the first round series, best goalie in the league.
roll.gif

Ryan Miller....Cam Ward....Kiprusoff??? You serious???
laugh.gif

I would take Lundqvist over everyone on that list except for Brodeur, Luongo, Nabokov, and maybe Kipprusoff and even then it would be a tough decision. Thereis no way you can say he is a lesser goaltender in comparison to Cam Ward, Ryan Miller, or Tim Thomas.

Agreed with everything Gingers said. I'm a big Calgary/Kipper fan so I'd put him up there as well. I've seen Lunq play VERY well and I was a bigfan of his game, but he hasn't been playing as well as he's capable of. We'll see how he does during the rest of the playoffs, and judge afterthat.

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Tim Thomas
Evgeni Nabokov
Ryan Miller
Cam Ward
Mikka Kiprusoff

laugh.gif
Without a doubt, I am taking Henrik Ludnqvist over Kiprusoff, Cam Ward, Ryan Miller, and Tim Thomas... right now, maybe even over Brodeur andNabokov.

the Garden crowd is dark because they want to have that signature broadway look where the stage is very bright and everything else is dark.

laugh.gif
I could care less about New York or Washington, so I have no stake in that series... just shows you how NY NT'ers can't see past their city. Whatever.

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Tim Thomas
Evgeni Nabokov
Ryan Miller
Cam Ward
Mikka Kiprusoff

laugh.gif
no love for Niklas Backstrom
smh.gif

Wow.

I really don't know what to say. Look at the stats.

He is a great goaltender, but not as good as half of you are saying. Whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but damn.

Don't read the spoiler if you are going to catch feelings...

Spoiler [+]
Cam Ward? Why did I pick Cam Ward? Hilarious right?
eyes.gif

When was Lundqvist last in a Stanley Cup final? As much as you may argue, playoff experience matters. I'd take Ward without second guessing.

Even without Ward, he still doesnt crack top 5.

Let me know when he makes it to a Conference final.

Wow.

He is a great goaltender, but not as good as half of you are saying. Whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but damn.

Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif

When was Lundqvist last in a Stanley Cup final? As much as you may argue, playoff experience matters. I'd take Ward without second guessing.

Lundqvist didn't have that good of a regular season but he had like 39 wins and he's been a Vezina candidate for the past three seasons.Cam Ward had that one cup run in '06 and that was it.

Jonas Hiller? What has he ever done that puts him above Lundqvist?
Tim Thomas? He was always a mediocre goalie at best.
Ryan Miller? Has done absolutely nothing.

I personally think Hiller has played better this post-season... less GA, better GAA.

Tim Thomas HAD been a mediocre goalie until 2007. Helping Boston back in to the playoffs in 07/08? Did you not watch him December/January this season? Orwinning the Jennings this year?

Ryan Miller is a better goalie and a worse team. Flat out. Of all the goalies I did post, he is the one I have least faith in, though...
laugh.gif

I also said it would be generous to put Hendrik in the top 5, not impossible... why are you all taking this so personally? I was just responding to thewreckless "best goalie in the league" comment.

But I guess posting .gifs and emoticons as responses are definitely sparking intelligent conversation. You think I am wrong? Back it up. I can admit beingwrong... just show me something to the contrary.

...I doubt you can, though.

Wow.

Spoiler [+]
eyes.gif

Well @%+%...might as well add Olaf Kolzig to your list since he has playoff experience and he has played in a conference final...

no one in their right mind is going to take Cam Ward over Henrik Lundqvist....the fact that Ward has NEVER been a finalist for the Vezina speaks volumes....

Back
Top Bottom