OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

^

Word. I have an exam tonight at 7, but you better believe I'm racing through that thing so I can get home and watch the game.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
just wait til that pens fan comes in w/ his #!#$ trash talking.

Originally Posted by Baltimore

Um dude i just joined niketalk but ive been a caps fan since the olaf kolzig and adam oates years.

Welcome to Nt, here's a few guidlines in the NHL threads.

1. Don't be a douche
2. Trash talk isn't necessary, everyone pretty much respects one anotherin the hockey threads.
3. Make sure you know what the hell you're talking about when you hit the "post" button. We get a few stowaways that enlighten us with a " fill in the player, sucks" with absolutely no merit. Anyone who says Crosby or Ovechkin sucks should be thrown off of a highway overpass.

You follow those guidelines and you should be good to go here. Keep all the trash talk for the other sports topics.

Thursday, April 15, 2010
Ference will help depleted defense

By Joe McDonald
ESPNBoston.com

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Boston Bruins oft-injured defenseman Andrew Ference has been cleared to play and will be in the lineup Thursday for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against the Buffalo Sabres.Ference missed 17 of the last 21 games with a hernia/groin injury, which will require surgery once the season is over.

"It's something that hopefully builds some character with our hockey club," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "Having him back gives us some experience, no doubt. I know he hasn't played in a while, but our other guys have played well in his absence. I think we've got enough back there to do the job for us tonight."The Bruins have been hampered by injuries to their defensive corp. with Mark Stuart (hand infection) and Dennis Seidenberg (forearm laceration) out for this series, so having Ference back will help spread out the ice time for the healthy defensemen."It was frustrating [watching games down the stretch]," Ference said. "You want to be a part of helping out and what's going on. We had so many injuries that guys like Zdeno [Chara] got pretty taxed with the minutes."Ference said earlier this week after practice that if he were able to play, he didn't know if he would last one game or be able to play with the injury for the entire series. Now that he's been cleared to play, he still doesn't know."It's a crap shoot," he said. "You go out there and play the same way. Obviously, you cross your fingers and hope it stays great and that I don't get into a spot where it's kind of an odd position I get into where I hurt it in the first place. I hope it doesn't get back to that. There's not much you can really do about it. You play normal and if it happens, it happens."

Joe McDonald covers the Bruins for ESPNBoston.com.

need all the help we can get on defense with the injuries...so good news

Savard could return for 2nd round

By Joe McDonald
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

There's a slight possibility Boston Bruins forward Marc Savard (Grade 2 concussion) could return to the lineup if Boston advances to the second round of the upcoming Stanley Cup playoffs.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli, discussing the organization's No. 2 overall pick in the NHL's Entry Draft in June during a conference call, confirmed an earlier report by TSN that Savard is improving.

"Let's put it in perspective," said Chiarelli. "Savy's had some good days lately and you don't want to rule him out, but he's still a ways away. He has to have a certain number of days [seven] headache-free and then he has to go through an excursion test. I know he's chomping at the bit. I talked to him yesterday and he sounded great. Its great news that he's recovering now and I'll leave it at that."

Savard suffered the concussion on a blindside hit by the Penguins Matt Cooke on March 7 in Pittsburgh. Originally it was thought Savard would miss the season because the injury was so severe, but according to the report he's still experiencing intermittent headaches.

In order to return to the ice, he will have to be symptom-free for a week.

Joe McDonald covers the Bruins for ESPNBoston.com.

Hmm...

Sounds good my man. Nobody can say anything bad about alex o or sid the kid even though he took usa's gold.

Additional rule the use of Cindy = banned!

Not really but I'll do my best to see it happen

Originally Posted by True Blues

^

Word. I have an exam tonight at 7, but you better believe I'm racing through that thing so I can get home and watch the game.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Additional rule the use of Cindy = banned!

Not really but I'll do my best to see it happen
85425a347871a6cdbdafe4c09f0db0bdf930012.gif

For some reason I pictured you making that face with that response  
laugh.gif

Very nervous for tonight, but I still think the Kings can advance against Vancouver.

This is gonna be a good series.

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

1. Don't be a douche
2. Trash talk isn't necessary, everyone pretty much respects one anotherin the hockey threads.

You follow those guidelines and you should be good to go here. Keep all the trash talk for the other sports topics.

Word. These are some of the things that make our hockey threads on NT great. I like seeing new fans come in here to talk hockey but just keep it civil like the regulars have been doing for a few seasons already.

I visit a lot of internet hockey message boards and this is the only place that isn't full of whining, trash talking, trolling, and other nonsense like that. We have some really great hockey fans on this board.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

1. Don't be a douche

Word. These are some of the things that make our hockey threads on NT great. I like seeing new fans come in here to talk hockey but just keep it civil like the regulars have been doing for a few seasons already.

I visit a lot of internet hockey message boards and this is the only place that isn't full of whining, trash talking, trolling, and other nonsense like that. We have some really great hockey fans on this board.
57e25c84507cd6a2bfafa129d55e86754f7237e.gif

NSB4 is right, everyone here is pretty cool and it's good to have rational civil discussions about the best sport in the world.

Jonny Boychuk with Z on the top D line. Balsy call by Julien, one that I like.
pimp.gif

And goal Buffao..
frown.gif

Can't watch the game I wanna watch unless I pay 19.99. Nice job NHL. Really know how to treat interested new fans.

F a Constitutional Law exam.

RECHHI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Bruins! All the injuries and ups and downs for of the whole season has ended. Time to turn it up a notch because Miller is an important piece to the Sabre's winning the series. Rask has to step with his inexperience but he's way better then Thomas between the pipes. The offense has got to be clicking with Bergeron, Krejci have to step up their play. I think the X-factor will have to be Wheeler and/ or Ryder because they have the skill to be a threat but they just seem to lack something when I watch them play. Anyways, Bruins in 5 or 6.

Back
Top Bottom