OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

tired.gif

I need to know some Caps fans in person, first thing I thought when Plekanec scored was "Damn, DJ's gonna be pissed."
laugh.gif

And of course Gomez had to be the one to tie it.

I really love watching Sedins/Burrows play together.

laugh.gif
so one game it's a bum $@% combo? So I'm assuming since Ovie was completely shut down and held to 0 SOG he needs to be put on the bench or split from his linemates by your logic? Panic mode. Queue the "oh noez" gif.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
so one game it's a bum $@% combo? So I'm assuming since Ovie was completely shut down and held to 0 SOG he needs to be put on the bench or split from his linemates by your logic? Panic mode. Queue the "oh noez" gif.
i've been grilling that suck $%! d-line all damn year ... Schultz is the worst defenseman in the NHL and Green doesnt have the motor for playoff hockey ...

Alberts is going to get a game...
tired.gif
 Richardson turned at the last minute. If he would have just taken that hit, he would have been fine.

Lou has been shaky as hell since the Olympics.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

agold1002 wrote:

that save by marty lou
eek.gif
What? Bobby Lou?
laugh.gif

Great game by the Canucks, but hats off to Quick. Only reason LA had any business in that game.

my boy was just talking to me about marty brodeur...whoops
laugh.gif
roll.gif

39 shots, 1 goal....not gonna cut it, boys. gotta bury some of those chances. we owned the second period, and maybe like 5 minutes of the third. didn't help that we played shorthanded for much of the final 10 minutes, but whatever. we can definitely run with the sabres. i still feel good about our chances. they got a semi-soft goal on tuukka tonight...not going to happen every game. we're ok...we're ok. i on the other hand...am going to be hungover as *!$% tomrrow
laugh.gif

Ah, its one game everyone calm down. Most of the higher seeds lost their first game (Devils, Pitt, San Jose, Washington, etc). Everyones panicing on HF about the Devils. I didnt want the Flyers in the first place, I wanted to tank against Buffalo on Sunday but NOOOOOO we had to win. I'd rather have played Boston and then the winner of the Caps and Habs series instead of the Flyers and then the winner of the Pitt and Ottawa series. ******ed thinking right there by the organization. Either way it is what it is and a bunch of teams have to right their ships. 2-0 is a bad thing to come back from.

Some great games last night. I am still tripping off of the fact that Ovechkin was held to zero shots on goal. I have to take my hats off to Halak and the Canadiens defense, which were both amazing. If Montreal expects to win this series they are going to have to play just as intense as they did last night for the entire series. Canucks game was pretty good as well, Luongo literally won that game for them with that save. I can see that series going 7 easily.

Blackhawks tonight! All I am hoping is that we come out aggressive and score often. My biggest concern is in net and I am praying for a miracle that Niemi stands on his head for the entire playoffs.

Halak stood on his effin head last night. Don't get it twisted...Caps flat out dominated. For the Habs to win this series, they are going to need this type of performance from Halak in every game. The way he played reminded me of how Lundqvist started off in the Rangers/Caps series last year. I mean, the caps peppered dude with 45+ shots. Theo gave up 2 goals in regulation, and if you're shooting a such a high volume like the Caps, you'd expect more than 2 goals. The gameplan against Ovechkin was awesome. However, some of the other guys need to step up like they did in the regular season. I'm going to be real curious to see if Montreal can stay in Ovechkin's grill and keep him off the score sheet for game 2. It's a long series and I never expected the Caps to sweep the Habs. I still like DC in 6, but they are going to have to figure out Halak. If you watched the game last night, the talent descrepency (sp?) between the two teams was shocking....I gotta give Montreal all the credit in the world for making a statement like they did yesterday.

What a way to lose
smh.gif
There is no way that Halak will hold us like that 3 more times. The Canadiens played above and beyond and shut Alex down. I expect a big game from the Caps in Game 2. I couldn't even watch the Kings/Canucks game I was so pissed.

What a great game, but only disappointed with the outcome.

Luongo with the lucky save 
tongue.gif

Having to bust out a matrix type move to get to that puck out.

J Quick is the reason why the Kings are here. 
The line of Kopitar/Williams/Smyth were contained all night, they need to find a way to be a factor on Saturday.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Alberts is going to get a game...
tired.gif
 Richardson turned at the last minute. If he would have just taken that hit, he would have been fine.

Lou has been shaky as hell since the Olympics.
You don't think Alberts charged though?   Dude is so freakin' tall, and he was air-born on that hit. 
laugh.gif

Great overtime in the Canucks/Kings game. It was wide open there for awhile.
These 10 PM EDT starts are killing me. Went to bed at 1 AM last night and had to be at work today at 7 AM.

Back
Top Bottom