OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so i guess we face the bruins.

oh man...i can't believe this

congrats to the canadians...helluva series.

eek.gif
at all the blocked shots they had

This guy Billy Jaffe just put it best "The Capitals are built for the regular season and not the post season."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

What an end to a great @+*%#*% series. If any non-hockey fan watched this game, they would be a fan for life. Congrats to MTL and their fans. They played an amazing series. Halak stood on his head and that defense played HUGE. The PK units were also huge.

Boston vs. Philadelphia. Two cities I despise. UGH.
laugh.gif
to think a 6 or 7 seed is going to be playing for a chance to play for the Stanley Cup when the top 3 teams were VERY strong teams. Just goes to show how great playoff hockey is.

pimp.gif

one of the commentators made a great point. the capitals had the 1 seed all but wrapped up since late february. MTL/Boston/Philly played down to the wire to get in. theyve been playing playoff style hockey for 2+months.

Send Semin to Calgary and bring in Iginla....

Sign Volchenkov...

those are the two moves I'd make in the offseason to make the team a little more capable when the playoffs roll around.

Everyone is going to credit Halak for this win, but you cannot overlook the Gorges-Gill pair. They shut Ovechkin down.

Originally Posted by Proshares

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

What an end to a great @+*%#*% series. If any non-hockey fan watched this game, they would be a fan for life. Congrats to MTL and their fans. They played an amazing series. Halak stood on his head and that defense played HUGE. The PK units were also huge.
^^ qft

im not much of a hockey fan, but i respect the way they play the game. the momentum and excitement really goes back and fourth.

i usually only catch some of the playoffs each year, and i knew a game 7 was today
laugh.gif

what an exciting game, i definitely will be watching more of these playoffs. Halak was killin it.

now im not too familiar with hockey or the nhl, but was this like a huge upset?
sounded like the canadiens were huge under dogs.

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

Originally Posted by Proshares

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

^^ qft

im not much of a hockey fan, but i respect the way they play the game. the momentum and excitement really goes back and fourth.

i usually only catch some of the playoffs each year, and i knew a game 7 was today
laugh.gif

what an exciting game, i definitely will be watching more of these playoffs. Halak was killin it.

now im not too familiar with hockey or the nhl, but was this like a huge upset?
sounded like the canadiens were huge under dogs.

capitals were the #1 seed overall, winners of the presidents trophy (best regular season record), and cup contenders all year. the canadiens made it into the playoffs on the last days of the season.

judging by your sig, you have some good teams to watch if you want to follow hockey, the sharks (boo) are still in the playoffs or the kings (yay) who were eliminated a few days ago but are young and up-and-coming.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

apparently ovechkin went HAM in the locker room ... i hope mike green is OK ...
Ovechkin is an +%#. I'm sure you saw that Youtube where he throws some snow on the little kid during the game at Montreal.

Originally Posted by ebpo

Ovechkin is an +%#. I'm sure you saw that Youtube where he throws some snow on the little kid during the game at Montreal.

he'd woop you though huh man ... did you see the youtube video when all the canadian fans boo'd our national anthem? or the one where we gave theirs a standing ovation?

can't lie...i laughed my $## off when i saw that
laugh.gif

!%%* move for sure tho

Ovechkin is an %%%. I'm sure you saw that Youtube where he throws some snow on the little kid during the game at Montreal.

that was great...
roll.gif

Amazing. I love when under dogs win. This game was great. I saw a twitter name for Ovechkin --> Ovechokein haha. I'm pulling for the wings now.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so i guess we face the bruins.
bring it on, homey. should be a good series. definitely a physical one.

i'm hoping.
ohwell.gif

like i said before...Gagne will prolly be back midway of the series. Carter idk. Lapierrere has a brain contusion so he's out for the rest of the playoffs.

laps is huge.
frown.gif

We're bringing up Maroon and Nodl. Nodl is eh.....and Maroon is one prospect i was looking out for this year. a big 6'4 230 forward w/ good hands.

atleast against the bruins, i think flyers have a somewhate of a chance. but in the end.... the amount of playmakers we're missing. i think bruins take it in 6
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom