OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm very optimistic about tonight's game.
i just hope they get a 2 goal lead early and maintain it. i wont feel good if they go into the 3rd tied or only up by 1. Devils should win, and win BIG.

I've been watching the Devils Flyers game for 6 minutes, hockey time, and i've seen 6 penalties called. At least 4 of them should have been playoff no calls.

These refs are on a serious whistle trip.

Well it ain't looking good so far
laugh.gif

Brick Wall Boucher
laugh.gif

At least I get to shave now. Was looking forward to growing it out. Hope the Sens can pull this one out. Niemi looking good.  Oh yea, congrats to the Flyers and their sole fan PhiBalla for the win.  Played hard and got it.  Guess that makes us even for the Yankees winning 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

The Flyers won't beat the Devils, just like the Blackhawks won't make it out of the West.

nerd.gif
I told you the flyers was going to win the series

With the exception of Pens-Sens, which was edge of your seat-- tonight was relatively unexciting. I'm typing with 5:00 left in the game, but it looks like Nabokov could complete the shut-out, which would make 3/4 for tonight's games.

LOL @ Couture scoring 2 goals.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Someone needs to run the %@#! out of Carey Price. That fool shot the puck at the caps when they were celebrating after the 4th goal, then he slashed Backstrom FROM THE BENCH on the back of the legs after his empty netter....
smh.gif

On top of it all...those idiots in Montreal had the *@@*!!# nerve to boo the US anthem. I hope the Caps fans show more class than those morons on Friday when the Canada's anthem is played.

Good win tho
pimp.gif
haha, dont worry my buddy already punched him out in MTL during the all-star weekend. 
NEVER COUNT MY SENS OUT! 
eek.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm very optimistic about tonight's game.

Don't be, you guys are getting eliminated tonight.
wink.gif

Tonights predictions:

Flyers win series 4-1

Ottawa wins against Pitt

Nashville takes 3-1 lead

Colorado goes up 3-2
0 for 4
Why pick against the better teams at home in 3 out of the 4 series?

Better teams @ home? Are you watching the same playoffs as I am. I will admit Pittsburgh has a good chance to close it out, but the Devils, Blackhawks and Sharks aren't playing up to par. The Flyers have a mental edge in their series and its been growing with each game. The Blackhawks & Sharks can't get it together and don't be surprised when they both get 1st round exits. I will come back and own up to my predictions. I was only wrong on 1 game yesterday.

Pens are definitely the better team and so are the Sharks. They've outplayed the Avs in every game so far execept 2. Not to mention Avs are missing two top six forwards in Hejduk and Mueller. One of these games Anderson isn't going to be able to play like Patrick Roy, like he did in Colorado. And the injuries to Gagne and especially Carter should have a huge impact on the other series. Philly is nowhere near as good without Carter. NJ is going to be able to zone in on the Richards line and I think shut them down.

BTW the Pens are just scary good come playoff time. Having that two headed monster in Malkin and Crosby is way too tough to contend with. I don't think anyone can beat them barring a total collapse from Fleury.

Well looks like I didn't go O-4 afterall
laugh.gif

I told you the Pens weren't going to win. They went into that game on cruise control and showed no heart or urgency to close it out in the first period. That's all the Sens needed to stick around. That was the most intense game I have watched so far.

I am a bit surprised the Blackhawks showed up and controlled the entire game from start to finsih. I was wrong here.

I admit I was right in my prediction last night, but I was wrong in the series winner I picked from the begining between the Devils & Flyers. Flyers showed a lot of heart and just kept coming up with goals. Next round is going to be a complete 180 of that though.

The sharks should have already advanced and the only reason I picked against them last night is because you never know who's going to show up for San Jose in the playoffs.

Tonights Predictions:

Caps advance
Buffalo wins
Vancouver wins
Coyotes wins

Heading to Buffalo for Game 5 in a few hours. Pumped.

I'd love for the Bruins to close it out tonight.

I'm bringing a camera, so I'll post stuff up after the game on Saturday or Sunday.

GO BRUINS

Back
Top Bottom