OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

I am going to come off sounding like a biased opinion here but it is the Devils playing poorly. We cant make crisp passes, we cant shoot the puck anywhere aside from Bouchers chest, nobody aside from Zubrus is hustling. It starts from the top and trickels down. Brodeur let in two weak goals last night. Zubrus was the only one hustling. Lemaire always changes lines never allowing for any continuity. I am not taking anything away from the Flyers but the Devils have played absolutely atrocious and aside from last night have maintained the pace of the series and even forced an overtime game. Boucher isnt getting tested though and we're left to deal with that.

As a Pens fan I'm glad to see NJ almost out, they owned the Pens this year. Now just need the Caps out as well....

Great win with giving up 4 goals, offense exploded and looked good. Sid is playing unbelievable right now. Him and AO are like Mario and Wayne. Top two players in the game, but play different styles so hard to compare

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Unless MTL pulls out a miracle, yes.
Gotcha, so we can possibly see a Penguins - Flyers Eastern Conference Final or a Caps - Pens East Final? With the way the playoffs are going I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bruins in the Eastern Conference Finals either.

OLD SCHOOL wrote:
With the way the playoffs are going I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bruins in the Eastern Conference Finals either.
you had to go there
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Last nights predictions were pretty terrible 2-5
laugh.gif

Todays Predictions:

Caps go up 3-1
Bruins go up 3-1
Kings go up 3-1

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

2.) True Blues Ric Flair pics/.gifs
so fitting considering the TD Garden's PA announcer does the WOOOOOOOOOOO after announcing the scorer and assists after goals
laugh.gif

Yep, that's why I do it. I haven't made it out to a sports bar with my friends for a play-off game yet this year (because of exams), but in last year's Conference semis I would stand on my chair and let out a Ric Flair "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" after every Bruins goal. Needless to say, I was not well-liked by others at the restaurant.

Crazy stat: In his last two games, Craig Anderson has faced a combined 96 shots, saving 94 of them.  
eek.gif

Also, bad news for Leaf fans who may be lurking the thread: ran into Nas at the bar yesterday afternoon... he was killing Belmonts all afternoon. So much for off-season training.

frown.gif
i read Gagne and Carter are out for game 5.  possible the series too. 
smh.gif

Yeah, Pronger beastin
pimp.gif
 Giroux is playing like he did last year in the playoffs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

Also, bad news for Leaf fans who may be lurking the thread: ran into Nas at the bar yesterday afternoon... he was killing Belmonts all afternoon. So much for off-season training.
The entire Leafs team now hacks darts
laugh.gif
Went to their end of year party last week @ C Lounge and every one of them was smoking on the patio.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by True Blues

The entire Leafs team now hacks darts
laugh.gif
Went to their end of year party last week @ C Lounge and every one of them was smoking on the patio.
laugh.gif

Another Wideman goal... Buffalo goes up 2-0.
tired.gif

Random question, how did Tim Thomas lose his starting job? I really don't follow the Bruins so excuse the ignorance.

BRUINS TIE IT UP!!!  BOYCHUK BEAUTY PINCH. 

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Random question, how did Tim Thomas lose his starting job? I really don't follow the Bruins so excuse the ignorance.
Rask just outplayed him, basically. Not that Timmy was bad, but Rask led the league in GAA and was spectacular for us.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

because he is a fraud...
laugh.gif

Been saying this for a while actually.

Someone needs to run the %@#! out of Carey Price. That fool shot the puck at the caps when they were celebrating after the 4th goal, then he slashed Backstrom FROM THE BENCH on the back of the legs after his empty netter....
smh.gif

On top of it all...those idiots in Montreal had the *@@*!!# nerve to boo the US anthem. I hope the Caps fans show more class than those morons on Friday when the Canada's anthem is played.

Good win tho
pimp.gif

Haven't been around the last couple days, been dealing with some family stuff. Devils have looked awful these 4 games. Kovy is not helping his outrageous contract demands in the postseason. Yea, he's got 4 points but no aggression at all especially in crunch time. The defense has so many holes in it and the PP is struggling. I would not be opposed to a Tomas Kaberle trade in the offseason. I said this before but Pronger always shows up in the postseason to carry a defense and a team. Hate to root for guys to be injured but with Gagne and Carter out for possibly the remainder of the series this is the Devils chance to pounce.

I'm with DJ's, I hope someone takes care of Price in the next game. That's even if he starts. MTL could play Halak and Price at the same time and still lose 5-3.

Boston has shown some %!$%+$* GUTS in this series. So has Anderson.

Rinne
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom