OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

So knowing what we know now, if you had to re-do the '08 draft, who would you guys take #1, Stamkos or Doughty? 
nerd.gif

Stamkos...easy.  What teams do you know of that are built around a young d-man?  To me, a young d-man is a great complimentary piece to something that is already put in place. 

cant go wrong with either.. stamkos if you need a goal scorer, doughty if you need a D man.

While I am fully convinced we're done, I would like to express my displeasure as unbiased as possible with the officiating. IT HAS BEEN HORRIBLE THE ENTIRE SERIES. Calls for interference, trips, slashes, etc that shouldn't be called in playoff hockey. Doc Emerick is as unbias as you can possibly get. He was talking about how refs like Kerry Fraser, Koharski, etc are retiring and we're left with inexperienced referees who rule the game with the whistle and not with the respect the older refs have. This is what happened in this series. The Devils took penalties as did the Flyers but they shouldn't be called in the playoffs. Each team has gotten screwed with atrocious calls all series long. Aside from that the series I was petrified of has justified my fear. We dont match up with Philly at all.

yeah the officiating has been horrid in that series.

and gingers...i agree with you about doc emerick. he is pretty damn unbiased. his mate, chico on the other hand, is annoying as hell. i live in nyc so ive been listening to that clown. i feel the same way about the guy that filled in for emerick in game 3
laugh.gif

Anyone besides Emerick sucks in my opinion. There is not one announcer I would rather listen to. I think everyone feels that way as well since he gets the major nationally broadcasted games. He's by far the best in the biz and Ive been luck to have him as my hometeams announcer.

62 penalty minutes tonight (3 10 minute misconducts which were pointless but still called)
28 on Sunday.
26 on Friday.
16 on Wednesday.

That adds up to 132 penalty minutes in 4 games. All of this without a single 5 minute major. Take those three misconducts that were only called as a preventative measure to ensure that no fighting actually happened and we're at over 25 minutes a game on average. That is ridiculous. Over one period is played with special teams? Let them play. This is playoff hockey. You want vaginas playing hockey go watch the women play.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Flyers looked really good.
im struggling to see if it's actually that or if the devils just aren't showing any fire at all. the devils also havent matched up well with them all year.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Flyers looked really good.
im struggling to see if it's actually that or if the devils just aren't showing any fire at all. the devils also havent matched up well with them all year.
I'm not saying he's the only reason, but Prongs is the biggest reason why Philly has looked so good. He's shutting down NJ whenever he's on the ice. Goddamn beast come playoff time.
BTW I think it's more Philly playing really well as opposed to NJ playing badly. Lemaire's system just doesn't fit with the personnel that team has. You can't sit back and play the trap with a mediocre defense outside of Martin. You've got to play a more offensive system with Parise, Kovy, Elias, ETC.

Back
Top Bottom