OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Dan Boyle.

Sharks will still likely win the series though
ohwell.gif

Good win for the Caps (a little premature, but whatever)...but they have to get the PP going.

So....about Theo being better than Varly...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

man get outta here ... we played our best defense in a while this game because bruce changed the lines up ...

so the rebounds Varly controlled and his perfect positioning he had was due to the line changes right?  Theo's playoff track record for the Caps speaks for itself.  Varly is still a huge question mark due to his lack of experience, but he's CLEARLY the better of the two.  Hopefully, he can keep it up. 

Good win for the Caps, and I agree with some of you guys in here, stay away from Theodore.....well unless you play the Pens

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

so the rebounds Varly controlled and his perfect positioning he had was due to the line changes right?  Theo's playoff track record for the Caps speaks for itself.  Varly is still a huge question mark due to his lack of experience, but he's CLEARLY the better of the two.  Hopefully, he can keep it up. 
thats the problem ... varly has always given up second chance opportunities because he cant control the puck ... its one thing to make stops, its another thing to make stops and not give up easy put backs where you need to be miraculous ... he was good tonight, but theres about 2 scorers on montreal who are worth a damn ... he's like 8-6 in the postseason, hardly dominant or clearly better than theo ... theo will be our goalie watch ...

Welcome back, Wideman.
pimp.gif

Loudest i've ever heard the Garden, consistently. Huge contributions from unsung heros, Wideman.
pimp.gif
Vladdy.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bobby Lou 4 goals on 16 shots..
laugh.gif
Overrated. Didnt actually see the game though.

Don't really have anything to say (Honestly don't really follow the sport, can't seem to get into it) but fans sure are excited around here judging by the stuff I hear on Radio and I hope the Capitals go all the way.

Here is an Ovechkin/Caps x ******* Avy I made a few days ago
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
:

79925a6e7f974883e8687e22d0db09b4760aa2d_t.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Welcome back, Wideman.
pimp.gif

Loudest i've ever heard the Garden, consistently. Huge contributions from unsung heros, Wideman.
pimp.gif
Vladdy.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bobby Lou 4 goals on 16 shots..
laugh.gif
Overrated. Didnt actually see the game though.
dude man...im freakin' jealous as hell you were there...what a game
pimp.gif

a) wideman...ma' man! dude came THRU!!!
b) vlad has been huge all series. and tonight he was physical as all hell and creating tons of trouble for buffalo. dude rules
c) recchi comes thru, as usual. dude is 40+, takes out kennedy, makes a perfect pass, and bergy buries it...i love it. what a game winner!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

thats the problem ... varly has always given up second chance opportunities because he cant control the puck ... its one thing to make stops, its another thing to make stops and not give up easy put backs where you need to be miraculous ... he was good tonight, but theres about 2 scorers on montreal who are worth a damn ... he's like 8-6 in the postseason, hardly dominant or clearly better than theo ... theo will be our goalie watch ...
What are you talking about?  One of Varlamov's strengths aside from his athleticism IS his rebound control.  And for #%!$$ and giggles, here's a comparison between two unnamed Capitals goalies...you tell me who has the better #'s....Varlamov (save for game 7 vs. Pittsburgh last year) CARRIED the Caps after Theo had one of his playoff meltdowns....

Player A)

[table][tr][td]2008-2009[/td][td]Capitals[/td] [td]2 [/td][td]0 [/td][td]1 [/td] [td]- [/td] [td] 0 [/td][td]0 [/td][td]6 [/td][td]33 [/td][td].818 [/td][td]3.71 [/td][td] 97 [/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-2010[/td][td]Capitals[/td] [td]2 [/td][td]0 [/td][td]1 [/td] [td]- [/td] [td] 0 [/td][td]0 [/td][td]5 [/td][td]40 [/td][td].875 [/td][td]3.70 [/td][td] 81[/td][/tr][/table]

Player B)

[table][tr][td]2008-2009[/td][td]Capitals[/td] [td]13 [/td][td]7 [/td][td]6 [/td] [td]- [/td] [td] 0 [/td][td]2 [/td][td]32 [/td][td]389 [/td][td].918 [/td][td]2.53 [/td][td] 759 [/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-2010[/td][td]Capitals[/td] [td]2 [/td][td]2 [/td][td]0 [/td] [td]- [/td] [td] 0 [/td][td]0 [/td][td]4 [/td][td]49 [/td][td].918 [/td][td]2.12 [/td][td] 113
[/td][/tr][/table]

he was good tonight, but theres about 2 scorers on montreal who are worth a damn

So doesn't that make Theodore look even worse if that's the case?  Or make the soft goals he allowed look badder.  Kinda shooting yourself in the foot with that argument.

Luongo still showing that Nabby tendency huh?  Like I've said before ::Bodie:: that boys heart pumps Kool-Aid ::Bodie::  he's a playoff breakdown waiting to happen.  Best goalie on the planet for sure.

BTW those alternate black jerseys the Kings have are probably my favorite in the league.  I had a Potvin jersey waaaaay back when I might need to scoop up a Doughty.

Caps taking back home ice (like there was really any doubt) made my night. 2 things I have come to count on in this season's playoff thread.

1.) moneyisthemotive saying some absurd ##%% & DoubleJs schooling him.

2.) True Blues Ric Flair pics/.gifs

Tonights predictions:

Senators will tie the series 2-2
Blackhawks go up 2-1
Philly goes up 3-1
Red Wings tie series up 2-2
Avs go up 3-1

It's only Game 3 in CHI/NSH.

I would not have pointed that out if you had picked the Devils to tie the series up.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

2.) True Blues Ric Flair pics/.gifs
so fitting considering the TD Garden's PA announcer does the WOOOOOOOOOOO after announcing the scorer and assists after goals
laugh.gif

So knowing what we know now, if you had to re-do the '08 draft, who would you guys take #1, Stamkos or Doughty? 
nerd.gif

^Depends on the needs of the team I think. If it were the Leafs they would take Stamkos, whereas a team like the Ducks would take Doughty. I wouldn't have a problem with either, but if I were building from scratch I take Doughty.

I'd still lean a bit towards Stamkos but Doughty looked unstoppable last night on the PP. He's been getting better and better as the point this season. He's young and can still gain more power behind his slapper from the point. He's going to be up there with Boyle and Green as the best PP defensemen in the league.

But Stamkos is just a monster on his own. I mean look how poorly that whole team was outside of St. Louis and he racked up the goals. Imagine him with a little more talent around him? He's a potential 60 goal scorer for years to come.

I'd take both of em on my team any day.

Of course, I would be biased to lean towards Doughty, but I wanted to see how you guys would pick.

Stamkos is great on his own, once he gets better pieces around him, look out.

Back
Top Bottom