OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD.... BLACKHAWKS WIN STANLEY CUP

OMG Vancouver just killed a penalty.
eek.gif

The Kings are now only 9-15 on the PP in the series.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Random question, how did Tim Thomas lose his starting job? I really don't follow the Bruins so excuse the ignorance.
because he is a fraud...
laugh.gif

Been saying this for a while actually.

The 'fraud' you speak of was solid for us most of the year. He was somewhere around 15th in Save PCT and GAA, not great but certainly not bad. Tuukka just happened to beast all year. If by fraud you mean he got too big/expensive of contract, then sure, cause Peter as feeling a little homerish when he signed that one.

Oh, and I want Miro Satan to have my babies.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

OMG Vancouver just killed a penalty.
eek.gif

The Kings are now only 9-15 on the PP in the series.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
and the Kings scored with an extra attacker on a delayed call.

God bless the Sedins. Combined 5 points in the 3rd period
pimp.gif

Great 3rd period, the Canucks did a nice job responding in this game. PK still is horrible but I'll take the W.

Man, Tuuka is too good.
smh.gif
That save Miller made in the first OT was just insane as well. My hockey knowledge consists of playing NHL 09 and watching a good number of games starting in this '10 playoffs, but it has been exciting.

But, uh, yeah. Sabres giving me the same after-game feelings as the Bills...but at least it's the playoffs.

Gagne out for a minimum of 3 weeks, Carter out for at least 6 weeks so he's probably done in the playoffs. I think this is the Devils opportunity. There has to be some doubt in the Flyers minds that they'll go far in the playoffs without those two. Maybe they'll be taking the Devils for granted like they did in 2000. Somethings lining up for the Devils are in 2000 they were outscored 12-10 in the first four games. This year, 12-9. Boucher was the starting goalie then as he is now. Maybe the Devils can put 5 goals or so in tonight and rattle him, they'll have a media storm of the 2000 collapse. Im grasping for straws but Im mainting some level of optimism.

holy crap. i feel like absolute death right now. but god damn, it is so worth it. that was an amazing effort last night. gutsy as hell. we stay giving up !##!%%@ goals in the first 5 minutes of games, only to rally.

tuukka basically matching miller with highlight save for highlight save. bergeron again. and then miro effin' satan beating miller in OT...woooooooooooooooo

3-1 headed back to buffalo...lets just end it friday so i can keep my tattoo appointment on sunday
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm very optimistic about tonight's game.

Don't be, you guys are getting eliminated tonight.
wink.gif

Tonights predictions:

Flyers win series 4-1
Ottawa wins against Pitt
Nashville takes 3-1 lead
Colorado goes up 3-2

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

wink.gif

Tonights predictions:

Flyers win series 4-1
Ottawa wins against Pitt
Nashville takes 3-1 lead
Colorado wins series 4-1
that series is tied 2-2

wink.gif

Tonights predictions:

Flyers win series 4-1
Ottawa wins against Pitt
Nashville takes 3-1 lead
Colorado goes up 3-2
0 for 4
Why pick against the better teams at home in 3 out of the 4 series?

wink.gif

Tonights predictions:

Flyers win series 4-1

Ottawa wins against Pitt

Nashville takes 3-1 lead

Colorado goes up 3-2
0 for 4

Better teams @ home? Are you watching the same playoffs as I am. I will admit Pittsburgh has a good chance to close it out, but the Devils, Blackhawks and Sharks aren't playing up to par. The Flyers have a mental edge in their series and its been growing with each game. The Blackhawks & Sharks can't get it together and don't be surprised when they both get 1st round exits. I will come back and own up to my predictions. I was only wrong on 1 game yesterday.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Why you always picking against the Pens?! Hopefully they can close this out
dont worry they will, Leclaire is starting in net.

wink.gif

Tonights predictions:

Flyers win series 4-1

Ottawa wins against Pitt

Nashville takes 3-1 lead

Colorado goes up 3-2
0 for 4

Better teams @ home? Are you watching the same playoffs as I am. I will admit Pittsburgh has a good chance to close it out, but the Devils, Blackhawks and Sharks aren't playing up to par. The Flyers have a mental edge in their series and its been growing with each game. The Blackhawks & Sharks can't get it together and don't be surprised when they both get 1st round exits. I will come back and own up to my predictions. I was only wrong on 1 game yesterday.

Pens are definitely the better team and so are the Sharks. They've outplayed the Avs in every game so far execept 2. Not to mention Avs are missing two top six forwards in Hejduk and Mueller. One of these games Anderson isn't going to be able to play like Patrick Roy, like he did in Colorado. And the injuries to Gagne and especially Carter should have a huge impact on the other series. Philly is nowhere near as good without Carter. NJ is going to be able to zone in on the Richards line and I think shut them down.

BTW the Pens are just scary good come playoff time. Having that two headed monster in Malkin and Crosby is way too tough to contend with. I don't think anyone can beat them barring a total collapse from Fleury.

As long as Fleury doesn't loose his mind tonight the Pens SHOULD advance. Screw the NFL draft, I can read the bottom line while watching hockey tonight. Sadly every bar around here will have the stupid draft on TV instead of the NHL

Back
Top Bottom