Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Man, if Detroit would have scored on that breakaway, things would be so much more relaxed at the intermission.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

the east has no place in playing the west. the game is totally different much faster, harder hitting.. its not as dominant as the nba, but still the west shows its better in nhl. zetterberg simply amazes me with his play because right now he is playing better then crosby malkin and the rest of the superstars because he is getting it done on both sides of the rink. and i can't praise detriot enough, they are such a classy team and so organized and gathered. they didn't whine when the refs were giving all these undeserved penalties to them, they just went out and did their job. babcock is doing a tremendous job of coaching and this team truly deserves to win this cup in 08 in every single aspect i can think of, except my fan stand point cause im a little disappointed it won't be dallas but detriot truly deserves it. i even tried picking out things to say wrong about them but i couldn't find anything...
I'll give you faster, but harder hitting? I'd have to disagree. Pens look pretty good right now. All the hate on Crosby goes along withNT's tendencies on hyping up a player, then when they reach superstar, they turn on them lol.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

You know, Crosby is starting to get to me like Lebron is getting to me. Dude puts on that crybaby face, and it just gets sad.

Both him and LBJ are starting to really get to me.

<----------

I really wish i could like Crosby and appreciate his game but I can't... He has amazing talent but his whining really gets annoying... And of course, his diving is pathetic....

I'll never forget when I saw him dive purposely because someone tapped him with a stick and after the play he was laughing with a bunch of his teammates about how he got away with it...

It's a damn shame...

It's something all young players do now man.. you expect that he won't do something to give his team an advantage?

Diving to get a powerplay is one thing but laughing about it afterwards is another thing...

Zetterberg #1 OVERALL?
indifferent.gif
..........I'll give you top 5 probably, butIginla>Zetterberg in terms of overall play. Iginla works hard night in and night out playing on both sides of the puck whereas Zetterberg is mostly knownfor his offense. Iginla fights when he needs to and he finishes every single check. To me, an overall player must posses skill in every/most aspects of thegame obviously and Zetterberg does not hit nor does he fight. Now I'm not saying because Zetterberg doesn't fight that that doesn't make him #1,but it's BECAUSE Iginla fights that gives him the edge over Zetterberg as being a better overall player. I would probably even say Iginla>Zetterbergoffensively......However, Zetterberg>Datsyuk

It'll be interesting to see if the Pens gain momentum if they can get the W tonight. IMO there's no way they lose Game 6 back @ home......Theconfidence they MAY get from beating Detroit at home just may spark something on the Pens side......I guess we'll wait and see
ohwell.gif

If that shot is 2 inches up, or to the right, its in the net.

Fabulous save by marc-andre.

CMON WINGS! LETS GET IT!

oh my god... gonchar and now malone both out in a matter of a minute... jesus, i hope they can both come back.. what a period this has been, i don't knowhow we still have the lead.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

oh my god... gonchar and now malone both out in a matter of a minute... jesus, i hope they can both come back.. what a period this has been, i don't know how we still have the lead.
I think, if Detroit does tie thsi game up, is because of both players being out, therefore meaning the rest of the team has to play more and get tired.

Pens are doing a good job taking the pressure, and making their own chances.

frown.gif
felt that score coming.. we were getting shakey 5 on 5... a man down it wasn't gonna be pretty.. we definitely look a little more tired now, that goalhas to take a lot out of our spirits... this is gonna be nearly impossible to pull out now i feel like.

Pens caught a break with Datsyuk hitting the bar.......and now with that goal their season is done
smh.gif

amazing - we go from 2-0 and a great chance to bring it back home down a game, to series over... i don't understand, i guess gonchar was a bigger loss thani anticipated but our defense just fell apart this period, we can't get out of our own end for even a second.

Right when I turn my back to the game the Wings score and take the lead. Why the %!#+ does that always happen?
mad.gif

I would've rather they just shut us out again if we were going to lose, i think.. this was a heartbreaking game.

Back
Top Bottom