Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

pimp.gif

SYDNEY!!! We finally are showing signs of life, despite detroit playing really grabby right now and getting away with a lot... that was a huge goal for us.

laugh.gif
the intermission host was legitimately mad that those guys suggested Mario might have been the greatest player ever

edit

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
the intermission host was legitimately mad that those guys suggested Mario might have been the greatest player ever

edit

If he stayed healthy he probably would have been.

Especially if they had someone to protect him.

Gretzky had Sememko and McSorley. Yzerman had Probert. Mario had nobody, was too bad.

Originally Posted by eeegon

laugh.gif

edit

Gretzky had Sememko and McSorley. Yzerman had Probert. Mario had nobody, was too bad.

Oh man, as a pittsburgh fan you don't have to convince me
laugh.gif
but i think it's probably too hard to call with a list of about 4 or 5 guys thatwere all just amazing players.

CROSBY TAKING OVER!!!! We are finally looking like the team that blew threw the rest of the eastern conference in the past few weeks... we're hitting,we're flying all over the ice.. we just look energized, which we didnt' in detroit... great to see, keep it up boys!

All Pittsburgh needs is some confidence that they can skate and play with the Wings......if that happens, then it's a brand new series(hopefully)
pimp.gif

mad.gif

Watching the Pistons and I didn't get to see that last goal.

This game every other day is hell on Detroit sports fans right now

Wow.. we played great defense up until that point.. how you just gonna let dude drive the whole way to the net with the puck like that? great play by him, butwow.. stupid defense there.

laugh.gif

edit

I see your point, but Stevie Y shouldn't be mentioned with these two. Anyone wanna take a bet on Crosby getting a hat trick?

Mario was the best talent to ever play. Wayne was amazing and had the longevity, but when Mario was healthy, he was the best player on the ice.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

laugh.gif

edit

I see your point, but Stevie Y shouldn't be mentioned with these two. Anyone wanna take a bet on Crosby getting a hat trick?

I strongly disagree, check out Stevie's stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5844

That was the same era as Wayne and Mario. He also won a Selke award for his defence.

His only flaw was being born in the wrong era.

I would but Yzerman right behind them. But Mario and Wayne were in a league of their own (good movie)

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I would but Yzerman right behind them. But Mario and Wayne were in a league of their own (good movie)

For sure, but he must be mentioned alongside them. He's my hero so I'm biased, but he might be the most complete player ever.

He did it all, and did it the right way. Class all the way, so modest and understated.

This 3rd period is the best period of the series so far.. both teams are laying it out there right now, hard hits at both ends, great opp's for bothsides... this is what i had expected out of the whole series.. maybe it'll be like this the rest of the way?

Back
Top Bottom