Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Roberts is an idiot, did you see when he sucker-punched Franzen outside the run of play?

Osgood was also pissing me off...no self-respecting human being would flop like that.

Overall, Detroit is just way more superior. This series is almost over, Detroit in 4 or 5.

Who is that in the Pens 71 sweater, and what did they do with Malkin?
laugh.gif
But seriously, he has to show up or this is over very soon. I'm hoping it goes 5 honestly, so I can go to game 5 and watch them win it at home
pimp.gif

Ever since way back when, I loved watching Steve, Sergei, Shannahan, and Ozzy do their thing.

To see Ozzy have 120 shutout minutes in the first two games is something nice to see
smile.gif
Im glad the coaching staff finally picked up that Dominik is a completeidiot.

So the real question is, who retires after the Stanley Cup Finals? If Detroit wins... If Detroit loses?

it's still so weird to watch the wings w/o Yzerman

I feel like any minute i'm gonna see him hop over the bench

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Glad I'm not the only one.

I literally stopped watching hockey when he retired. I havent watched a full game since. Before that, every time the Wings were on TV, I would watch. It usedto be my favorite sport because of Steve. Now without seeing him play, I haven't had any liking for the sport in a long time. I'm glad the Wings areback to the cup finals, but it is never the same watching a Red Wing team without Steve.

Just like it would not be the same for my grandpa to watch a Red Wing game without seeing Gordie Howe on the ice.

Let's just hope there's not Dead Things era this time around... which there seems no indication thereof so far...

DMac and La-Rock looked like they were gonna go in Game 1... I was surprised they didn't. Matching fighting majors doesn't really give one team anedge, given that both the guys are really in there for one thing. Although I believe DMac has a better scoring touch than his burly counterpart. At least 10years ago he did
laugh.gif

For the record, Goalies shouldn't flop to be sure. However Roberts deserves to get his !%% kicked after all that mess with Franzen. Continually hitting aguy in the side of the head away from plays? What part of the game is that?

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

Let's just hope there's not Dead Things era this time around... which there seems no indication thereof so far...

DMac and La-Rock looked like they were gonna go in Game 1... I was surprised they didn't. Matching fighting majors doesn't really give one team an edge, given that both the guys are really in there for one thing. Although I believe DMac has a better scoring touch than his burly counterpart. At least 10 years ago he did
laugh.gif

For the record, Goalies shouldn't flop to be sure. However Roberts deserves to get his !%% kicked after all that mess with Franzen. Continually hitting a guy in the side of the head away from plays? What part of the game is that?

I wonder if it was a coincidence that he and Malone both took shots to Johans head with him just getting back from a concussion?

Not a chance. That's why he deserves his $%! whooped. Like I can see the frustration with Ozzy and all, plus the fact that he flops like a fish whenhe's touched outside of making saves. Going in high on a check is even excusable... but punchin a dude to the face, REPEATEDLY, away from the play, and NOTin a scrum in front of the net? C'mon... thems cheapshots, b. Wherever you play. And that's bad form.

I don't mind slashes, I don't mind cross checks (so far as they're not to the face), I don't mind a LOT of so called dirty stuff... but thatwas blatant and stupid and he deserves the Claude Lemieux treatment... well, maybe not that bad. But still...

Anyway, that may be the only thing keeping the Pens from winning even one game, now. Honestly, I didn't think the Wings would win game 3, but after hearingCrosby talk about how "They didn't really get that many more than we did" and all that, I dunno... did anybody get the feeling that he was saying"They're not better than us at all. I mean, they suck actually, but we're just not scoring our chances"? Perhaps that was just me... But inhis tone, dude came off entirely pompous and arrogant, like the Wings haven't limited they $%! to an average of 20 SPG, including the first 12 mins of game2 without a shot on goal...

Like I said, it got chippy, and the way I see it, the Wings can play many different ways, and the Pens haven't shown me they can. So if it moves to anothertype of game by the Pens wish... I STILL see the Wings winning.

But I AM just a homer/slappy... what do I know?

Detroit is dominating in every facet of the game. Obviously scoring, their d has been solid, osgood has be great. Pitt may have run out of gas. A lot of timesin hockey a team gets hot to early, like the Pens may have done with their easy first two rounds. Detroit struggled against Nashville, had a decent seriesagainst Colorado physically, and now they look like they're truly firing on all cylinders.

Saw Crosby on the Score last night....

"They clog up the neutral zone well.... clutching, grabbing. We just have to wait for the calls."

Bettman can't save you when you get a total of 3 legit scoring chances a game....
eyes.gif

Welcome to the playoffs Cindy Crosby. She is a crybaby to the extreme. I love watching her get kicked out of faceoffs.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

DMac and La-Rock looked like they were gonna go in Game 1... I was surprised they didn't. Matching fighting majors doesn't really give one team an edge, given that both the guys are really in there for one thing. Although I believe DMac has a better scoring touch than his burly counterpart. At least 10 years ago he did
laugh.gif

For the record, Goalies shouldn't flop to be sure. However Roberts deserves to get his !%% kicked after all that mess with Franzen. Continually hitting a guy in the side of the head away from plays? What part of the game is that?

I wonder if it was a coincidence that he and Malone both took shots to Johans head with him just getting back from a concussion?
The Penguins are the dirtiest and classless team in the entire league....the amount of cheap shots and diving that the Penguins do isunbelievable.... just play hockey damnit

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Saw Crosby on the Score last night....

"They clog up the neutral zone well.... clutching, grabbing. We just have to wait for the calls."

Bettman can't save you when you get a total of 3 legit scoring chances a game....
eyes.gif

that's why i cant stand Sidney Crosby

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

laugh.gif

The Penguins are the dirtiest and classless team in the entire league....the amount of cheap shots and diving that the Penguins do is unbelievable.... just play hockey damnit
orly-750116.jpg

laugh.gif

The Penguins are the dirtiest and classless team in the entire league....the amount of cheap shots and diving that the Penguins do is unbelievable.... just play hockey damnit

laugh.gif
seriously, go away... we get it, you're salty. Give it arest.

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Dude is my freaking hero! He's the reason I've been a Wings fan the last 20 years, it's hard liking another team here in Vancouver. You get alot of hate.

Here's a great pic of Filp's beauty last night.
bgchnt.jpg

Go Wings!

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

laugh.gif

orly-750116.jpg
yes, really.

Addicted is still so angry in this thread. Hey, you have Jagr, what more do you want?

Cindy Crosby. She is a crybaby to the extreme. I love watching her get kicked out of faceoffs.
Pretty sure it is Sidney, and that he is a male. Oh, I get it, hilarious

I'm not going to lie, I am just looking for a goal tonight. I think it is clear that the Pens are most likely going to lose this series, have to learn tobe here first before learning to win, but I just want to see some type of score. Wings are like an ageless wonder, they just don't slow down.....

I think he used to be on the team, not sure if he has played the last few games......

Oh, and the Wings are by far the most fun team to be in NHL 94 on Genesis. Freakin' amazing

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I think he used to be on the team, not sure if he has played the last few games......

Oh, and the Wings are by far the most fun team to be in NHL 94 on Genesis. Freakin' amazing

Starting 5: Yzerman, Fedorov, Cicerelli, Coffey, Chaisson. With Chevaldae in net.

laugh.gif

Chevadlae was the only weakness!

Nah, honestly I just want the Pens to win some games for the NHL as a whole. I don't see them beating the Wings, but the league needs at least a 6 gameseries. The Pens will be back in the future, that I am confident of. Detroit (as I have said before) is just such a complete team. Very good hockey to watch.Oh, and Roberts hit from Monday was amatuer. No need for that

Back
Top Bottom