Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

Red Wings whooping that @*%
smh.gif
They just own the Stars. Got some type of specialhex on them for years now.

well Flyers it is due or die time

LET'S GO! i'm keeping the faith (hopefully when I get back from the game it's 2-1)

they are dedicating the game to the officer who was gunned down with an AK 47 by cowardless robbers, he was a huge Flyers fan

very sad
eyes.gif
he was a huge Flyers fans, his hearse was lined with theirlogo
Stephen Liczbinski RIP
a9lpus.jpg

Liczbinski's son Matt, 24, noting his father's fondness for Philadelphia's ice hockey team, led the thousands attending the mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in a "Let's Go Flyers!" cheer as many fought back tears.

2iuduh1.jpg

ok i admit that hossa goal was nice......
umberger finally showed up

come on fly guys we need this.....

WHY NOT US?

I know why I hate all Philadelphia sports teams!!! Their fans are some of the most unrealistic and seamingly stupid people in the world. Every sport, nomatter what sport it is, their fans *+*@% and complain and so do the broadcasters. If you watch Philly news they make up excuses as to why they lose and whoscrewed them this game.... That was a perfect diving play when Richards had the semi break away. The fans jeer and yell A-Hole and whatever, all they do iscomplain. Finally I have figured it out....

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

I know why I hate all Philadelphia sports teams!!! Their fans are some of the most unrealistic and seamingly stupid people in the world. Every sport, no matter what sport it is, their fans *+*@% and complain and so do the broadcasters. If you watch Philly news they make up excuses as to why they lose and who screwed them this game.... That was a perfect diving play when Richards had the semi break away. The fans jeer and yell A-Hole and whatever, all they do is complain. Finally I have figured it out....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And to the philly fans....you serious? You think you actually have a shot?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I know why I hate all Philadelphia sports teams!!! Their fans are some of the most unrealistic and seamingly stupid people in the world. Every sport, no matter what sport it is, their fans *+*@% and complain and so do the broadcasters. If you watch Philly news they make up excuses as to why they lose and who screwed them this game.... That was a perfect diving play when Richards had the semi break away. The fans jeer and yell A-Hole and whatever, all they do is complain. Finally I have figured it out....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

nah...most of the time we either blame our coaches or our players...you just tune that out and only what to hear the other time..it's cool
and also nah we aint serious...we have no shot lets give up....o wait didnt we come back from a 0-2 deficit against the pens in 2000?

Originally Posted by areyouin729

funny how the Red Wings cant even sell out their building

HOCKEYTOWN my %#@

I don't think all the blame falls on their fans....The economy is awful in Detroit right now. But their fan base did fall off quite a bit.

Originally Posted by 13ROWNIE

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

nah...most of the time we either blame our coaches or our players...you just tune that out and only what to hear the other time..it's cool
and also nah we aint serious...we have no shot lets give up....o wait didnt we come back from a 0-2 deficit against the pens in 2000?
didn't you also blow a 3-1 lead against the Devils as well?

Umm.....that has nothing to do with it, this isn't 2000......and I'm not sure how many guys are on this years team that were also on the 2000 team,but i'm gonna say less than 3?
Anyways.......let's see if the Pens can hang on for the last half of the 3rd here. IF they get the W tonight, Iexpect Philly to win game 4, then Pens in 5 back in the 'Burgh
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Staal's Grandfather passed away and he will be flying back to Thunder Bay on Recchi's private plane after the game tonight. Eric has left the WorldChampionship tourney in Halifax and will return when Canada advances to the Semi's
pimp.gif

WHY NOT US?
So many reasons.........

Another win. Sorry Philly, you had a great run, but a Wings v. Pens series is great for the NHL, and the 2 best teams. GO PENS! CUP CRAZY!

damn it......
ok i admit...the pens are just plain better then us

damn it.....

BUT i stil think we can win in 7...call me delusional i still got hope
WHY NOT US?

Haha, if nothing else, I like the spirit. I would be (and have been) the exact same way. Philly is just too beat up and injured to keep up. I almost wisheveryone was healthy, it would probably be a good 6-7 game series.....

don't think all the blame falls on their fans....The economy is awful in Detroit right now. But their fan base did fall off quite a bit.
It should. The core fans are still there--those of us that remember the Dead Wings era--but a good number of fairweather fans (which make up anice chunk of ANY team audience, save for maybe the Leafs, Habs, and Green Bay Packers and BoSox) have fallen off since there have been two lockouts in thepast 15 years. While people kind of got over the first one, missing the full season a couple years back kicked the fairweather fan that only watches itoccasionally out. Since life basically went on without hockey, nobody that it didn't really matter to in the first place cared when it came back. The sameis the case in many arenas these days. However the situation is unique in some spots... Like winning isn't a novelty in Detroit anymore. Like I said, thoseof us that went thru the futility that was Detroit Hockey before and at the beginning of The Captain's era are ALWAYS relishing in the greatness of theWings, and we're quite obnoxious about it... similar to a Yankees fan, a Cowboys fan or a Lakers fan (or these days a Bosox fan... wow).

Fact is, a Joe ticket is less than a Tiger Stadium Redux (I've always refused to call it Comerica Park) ticket, and the Tigers set attendance records lastyear. However the Tigers winning is relatively new the youngsters, and its a chance to relive old glory for the older crowd, much like the Wings success of thelate 90s was... The Pistons sell out regularly (I believe they have a LONG streak going too, right?), and even the Lions sell out a lot. So it's really allon the fans. If everybody else can sell out from the constantly bad (Lions) to the relatively constantly successful (Pistons), to the newfound novelty(Tigers), there is nobody else to blame but the most valuable team in the league and their fans...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

UPDATE YOU LOSE AGAIN
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
YOU MADD?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

And this whole "why not us" thing is ridiculous
laugh.gif
why not? Because your city hasn't won a championship since before I was an egg. Why not us?Because you live in filthadelphia. Why not us? Because simply sir, your city sucks.

damn, fade is going hard on these philly fans. again downey cost them big time. the flyers coach did not have anything good to say about downey in the postgame. actually he seamed to take a shot at him. thats the second straight game where a turnover caused by no one other than himself led to a goal.

Fade on You

who the hell are you, you finally start posting in this thread tonight? and add a Pens sig??? get the hell outta here

to Pens fans not jumping on the wagon (Fade on you), i'll def be rooting for you guys in the finals, Det. is gonna be a heavy favorite but as much as itpains me to watch my team go down they had a great run from worst in the NHL last year to the improvement this year

I think Crosby and Malkin in the finals is good for the NHL

If you watch Philly news they make up excuses as to why they lose and who screwed them this game....

hmmm the refs sure did stop calling so many touch penalties after the pens had a lead
happy.gif

Fade on You

who the hell are you, you finally start posting in this thread tonight? and add a Pens sig??? get the hell outta here

to Pens fans not jumping on the wagon (Fade on you), i'll def be rooting for you guys in the finals, Det. is gonna be a heavy favorite but as much as it pains me to watch my team go down they had a great run from worst in the NHL last year to the improvement this year

Son! Ive had this sig for weeks. You just didnt notice it because you stay in the filthadelphia and stussy threads. YOU MADD SON! It aint my fault the fliescant win!

Edit: But im gone right now off that sailor jerry so props to you for supporting us in the finals, but ill throw respect your way.

Fade on You

to Pens fans not jumping on the wagon (Fade on you), i'll def be rooting for you guys in the finals, Det. is gonna be a heavy favorite but as much as it pains me to watch my team go down they had a great run from worst in the NHL last year to the improvement this year

giving up already? we only down 0-3
laugh.gif

but yeah malkin,crosby - http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=1223datsyuk,zetterberg is gonna be ridiculous...but i have norooting interest in either....

Back
Top Bottom