Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

BOOOOM BABY!!!!

shorthanded
pimp.gif

God I $!%*#%# hate Mike Richards. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player but just watching him makes me mad with the little slashes, hooks, punches,etc. I know its part of the game as I played and did that stuff to, but I just hate him. Not because of what he does, but for some reason I don't exactlyknow. Hopefully the third period is as good as the first two...

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

God I $!%*#%# hate Mike Richards. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player but just watching him makes me mad with the little slashes, hooks, punches, etc. I know its part of the game as I played and did that stuff to, but I just hate him. Not because of what he does, but for some reason I don't exactly know. Hopefully the third period is as good as the first two...

feel the same way with malkin...dude is imo better than crosby and i hate him...especially after he gave that forearm to briere

Best 4th line in hockey....Laraque/Roberts/Talbot
pimp.gif
......Roberts with that pass
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Hatcher is the WORST player in the league.....I absolutely hate him, even more so than Upshall
laugh.gif
Why does Biron think he's so tough? You're a goalie buddy....if you want to chirp and go at guys then take off the pads and get your #+@kicked! I thought Emery taught him a lesson in Buffalo? He's going to cost his team every time he wants to trip, slash or cross check someone in thehead
smh.gif
smh.gif

Is it just me or is every touchy penalty being called for the Penguins but for the Flyers it has to be blatant?

damn nhl wants it's posterboy in the ship.....

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

let the conspiracy theories begin....
Addicted and his NBC/Pens theory
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I suppose when there's nothing else to complain about it comes to this.........
ohwell.gif

LOL The injury bug is killing the Flyers right now, especially on the defensive end. It's always a bad thing when a guy goes down cuz of a puck to theface, but one of your backline guys going down is devastating. You can't expect to contend with the offensive firepower of the Pens without a fulldefense...

Anyway, it's good for the NHL to have Pittsburgh back in the limelight. Sid is the new bankable star, and having a small market team who was once on theverge of folding in the finals is a great story. When they play Detroit in the Finals (yes, I HAD to throw that one in there just for cquan,
laugh.gif
), I'msure the difference in the way these teams' fandom has gone over the years will be on full display.

Grapes made a good point the other day, though... As we've gotten away from the old style of Hockey and gotten more European-Centric, the NHL has lost itsreal fanbase. People that like hockey love skating and puck handling and all that, but we love the hits, too. You don't go to a football game to just watchthe receivers and QB's throw the ball... the allure is the bone-jarring hits. Nothing says lovin like a RB truckin a LB in the box. Same goes for Hockey...We love Sid, and we loved Wayne, but everybody loved Mr. Hockey cuz there's nothing like Gordie Howe Hat Trick. I think that's why I love Ovechkin somuch... We like the guys that throw their weight around and aren't afraid of the contact... Cherry said something about bringing back "Rock Em SockEm" in Detroit, and I think that's the truth. The Detroit Colorado series back in the day brought people to watch good hockey, vicious hits and teamswith a general disdain for each other. Where is that now?

We hate individual players (Avery, Richards, Remember Mike Peca?) but where's the Quebec-Montral rivalry? Detroit-Colorado? NYR-Boston? The Pens and Flyersshould be HATING each other right now!

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

We hate individual players (Avery, Richards, Remember Mike Peca?) but where's the Quebec-Montral rivalry? Detroit-Colorado? NYR-Boston? The Pens and Flyers should be HATING each other right now!

they should but the pens just got good in the past few years...we dont hate them as much as the devils who just owned us for years...but it's startingto grow

trust me the fans in philly hate crosby alot and they beginning to hate malkin too but for completely diff reason

we hate crosby for his dives and his scuffle with forsberg last year when he punched him and ran, or something to that affect

malkin just kills us so we hate him now

the flyers fans think it's a rivalry...but i doubt the pens fans have the same animosity towards the flyers as we do towards the pens

the one thing I can say about Flyers fans is they sell the arena out whether we are the worst time in the league or the best...cant say that about too manyfranchises

the refs have been horrible, for both teams. Sorry even as a Flyers fan, not calling Crosby's goal a goal was horrible and then Hatcher and Malkin penaltywas a phantom call

i just hope the Flyers can get back in this and win game 3, maybe history will repeat itself, last time we went down 0-2 to the Pens we won 4 straight

we really miss Timmonen on the PP really BADDDDDDDDDD and Briere and Prospal need to do something

Originally Posted by areyouin729

the one thing I can say about Flyers fans is they sell the arena out whether we are the worst time in the league or the best...cant say that about too many franchises

the refs have been horrible, for both teams. Sorry even as a Flyers fan, not calling Crosby's goal a goal was horrible and then Hatcher and Malkin penalty was a phantom call

i just hope the Flyers can get back in this and win game 3, maybe history will repeat itself, last time we went down 0-2 to the Pens we won 4 straight

we really miss Timmonen on the PP really BADDDDDDDDDD and Briere and Prospal need to do something

I don't think there's a pens fan anywhere who's feeling extremely confident at this point... we were supposed to take 2 home games to start,now comes the real challenge of winning in philly.. i'd be VERY happy with a split, obviously. I don't think philly can take us at all in pittsbrugh,but i'd hate to have to goto a game 7 to find out... hopefully we steal one of the next two and finish it in 5.

I'm hoping Dallas can get back on track and win tonight at home. They need to clean up their game and get that offense going, if they can get someconfidence anything can happen.

IF Pittsburgh can split the games in Philly, they will win in 5........They learned against the Rangers that it isn't a guarantee win if you're up 3-1going home, so I fully expect them to take that clincher at home assuming they can get a W in Philly.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by areyouin729

the one thing I can say about Flyers fans is they sell the arena out whether we are the worst time in the league or the best...cant say that about too many franchises

the refs have been horrible, for both teams. Sorry even as a Flyers fan, not calling Crosby's goal a goal was horrible and then Hatcher and Malkin penalty was a phantom call

I don't think there's a pens fan anywhere who's feeling extremely confident at this point... we were supposed to take 2 home games to start, now comes the real challenge of winning in philly.. i'd be VERY happy with a split, obviously. I don't think philly can take us at all in pittsbrugh, but i'd hate to have to goto a game 7 to find out... hopefully we steal one of the next two and finish it in 5.
Im not even a Pens fan and I am extremely confident. Im a Devils fan, so I know alot about the Atlantic Division teams and let me be the first to saythat Pitt and Detroit will be a very good Stanley Cup Final and I wouldn't be surprised if Pitt won.

I don't think there's a pens fan anywhere who's feeling extremely confident at this point...

you should be...ain't a chance in hell you all drop 2 in Philly....easy sweep.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't think there's a pens fan anywhere who's feeling extremely confident at this point...

you should be...ain't a chance in hell you all drop 2 in Philly....easy sweep.

yea if we split at home its over for the fly guys....need to win both so we can turn it into a 3 game series

damn it we lost both our puck carrying defensemen
mad.gif

Losing both puck carrying defensemen usually means you resort to dump and chase hockey, since the slower defensemen have to stay back... I think that actuallyfavors Philly. Not to say losing two of your best makes you better, but trying to play a wide open style really wasn't the smartest thing the Flyers couldhave done in games 1+2... Thinking your defense is better at carrying the puck than they are makes you lose costly turnovers, as was evident in the two gamesso far. Now that the D knows it has to stay at home, I think Philly will be much better with the turnover game... They (as well as the Stars) HAVE to win game3, and they'll put everything into that game. It'll be like it was a Game 7, IMO...

Back
Top Bottom