Official NHL 2008 Stanley Cup Finals Thread...Pens vs. Wings

the refs have been horrible, for both teams. Sorry even as a Flyers fan, not calling Crosby's goal a goal was horrible and then Hatcher and Malkin penalty was a phantom call
Agree

And Craftsy, I feel pretty freakin' confident. Philly is simply way to beat up. Not their fault, but without their top two defensemen, they don'thave a chance against the Pens offense. Unless something drastically changes, this will be done in 5 games, 6 at the most.....

GO PENS!

i don't know guys.. i'm stating the obvious here, but winning on the road in the playoffs is a task... teams can look completely different home andaway, and i just feel like philly is going to come out with a lot of pride at home.. i really feel like they take game 3, while game 4 is a tossup...

but i hope the majority of you all are right.
smile.gif

any video of that ridiculous goal last night? i just heard them talking about it on the radio, and i missed the Hockey highlights on SC. i have no idea whohad it, or what game it was. you guys know what i'm talking about it?

And as I said before, I've jumped on the Mike Richards bandwagon. I'd only seen highlights of him over the years, but in watching him closely in theCaps series, this kid is gonna be a future Selke winner many times over. I love everything about his game. He can score, pass, hit, and doesn't minddropping the gloves. This is the future captain of the Flyers right here, maybe as soon as next season.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Malkin is a better player than Crosby? The margin of talent isn't that wide, but I'd give the edge to Malkin.If it wasn't for Ovechkin's ridiculous season, Malkin (IMO) would be the hands-down MVP.

As far as developing a rivalry, it all starts in the regular season. A brawl, cheap shot, etc...something needs to be done. I would love to see more of anintense/competitive atmosphere between the Caps and Pens. It's been a little one-sided in favor of Pitt, but hopefully that will all change with theresurgence of the Caps...

I hate the Southeast Division with a passion, and I think it's rather boring hockey (aside from the caps
laugh.gif
) there is nothing there as far as aninter-division rivalry...if we can't get something going with the Pens, then let's get it w. the Flyers, obviously outside of our division....

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Malkin is a better player than Crosby? The margin of talent isn't that wide, but I'd give the edge to Malkin. If it wasn't for Ovechkin's ridiculous season, Malkin (IMO) would be the hands-down MVP.

I don't know... it's been brought up a few times in this thread... doesn't really matter i guess, it's all just speculation and you can'treally ever figure it out for sure anyhow, since they compliment each other ya know? both incredible talents though, i'm really hoping we keep themtogether for a long time, somehow.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Malkin is a better player than Crosby? The margin of talent isn't that wide, but I'd give the edge to Malkin. If it wasn't for Ovechkin's ridiculous season, Malkin (IMO) would be the hands-down MVP.
True, but I think Sid is still a little bothered by the ankle. Also, Malkin is a better scorer than the Kid, but Sid still has those intangiblesthat Malkin doesn't have (yet). But two of the top 3 players right now, by far with Ovechkin.

True, but I think Sid is still a little bothered by the ankle. Also, Malkin is a better scorer than the Kid, but Sid still has those intangiblesthat Malkin doesn't have (yet). But two of the top 3 players right now, by far with Ovechkin.

Well this certainly didnt come unexpectedly nor did it take a long time....

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The San Jose Sharks fired coach Ron Wilson onMonday after the team's latest disappointing early ouster from the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Wilson, hired by the club in December 2002, is the Sharks' leader in wins and winning percentage, but San Jose only advanced past the second round of thepostseason once with him behind the bench. The Sharks were the No. 2 seed in this year's Western Conference playoffs, but were eliminated in the secondround by the Dallas Stars after falling into a 3-0 hole.

In four-plus seasons, Wilson -- the sixth coach in team history -- went 206-134-45 in 385 games. San Jose earned two Pacific Division titles, including thisseason when the Sharks went 49-23-10, under Wilson and reached the Western Conference finals in 2004 before falling to upstart Calgary. In four-plus seasons,Wilson -- the sixth coach in team history -- went 206-134-45 in 385 regular-season games.

"Ron helped foster a new era in San Jose Sharks hockey with some record-setting, regular-season performances," general manager Doug Wilson said ina statement. "However, ultimately we have decided that it is time for a different voice and a different approach to lead this team.

"We are proud of what we've accomplished as an organization, but we feel that this team is capable of achieving greater success." Wilson isthe franchise leader in postseason games, posting a 28-24 mark in 52 games. In addition to the appearance in the conference finals, Wilson also led the Sharksto the second round in his final three seasons as coach.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

OFFENSIVELY I would say Malkin>Crosby........As I said before Crosby isn't a good finisher....he's a playmaker, and he's said that himself manytimes. The first thing he does is try to set up his teammates, and secondly will try to score himself. Sid is a more rounded and overall better player oneither side of the puck. Malkin can get rattled easily whereas Sid battles a little bit harder.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I don't know... it's been brought up a few times in this thread... doesn't really matter i guess, it's all just speculation and you can't really ever figure it out for sure anyhow, since they compliment each other ya know? both incredible talents though, i'm really hoping we keep them together for a long time, somehow.

I think Malkin is more of a pure goal scorer but overall I give the edge to Crosby
Crosby is going to have some seriously good seasons but one thing Ithink he lacks to the people he is always compared is the scoring touch, he can score don't get me wrong but i'm not sure he can do it with the easeMario and Wayne did it with

I think Ovechkin is the best pure goal scorer to EVER play this game, if this was the 80's i think he could put up 100 goal seasons but he lacks thepassing ability Sidney has

i'd say top 5 players in the league in order
1. Crosby
2. Overchkin (he is Washingtons entire team)
3. Malkin
4. Iginla
5. Lecavalier

I don't disagree with any of your picks, cuz I don't know who I'd kick off to put either Zetterberg or Datsyuk on the list... So I guess mine wouldbe the same, but it'd be a top 7 list
laugh.gif

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Kovalchuk. I like that kid.

Oh, and cquan... I still think they'll split and win game 4. Just a hunch. 0-6 on the PP ain't helping the cause, and that SH goal killed themtonight...

wow officially as a stars fan that game was embarrassing to watch and i think the 08 champs will be the red wings because they are playing unstoppable rightnow and everything is going in the net and they are rolling thru the playoffs.

Detroit is playing too damn good. I don't think I am going to Game 5. Gonna have to pony up some big bucks and get some Stanley tix for the old man. Therebetter be a weekend game in the D because I can't drive 3 hours on a week day.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Detroit is playing too damn good. I don't think I am going to Game 5. Gonna have to pony up some big bucks and get some Stanley tix for the old man. There better be a weekend game in the D because I can't drive 3 hours on a week day.

Haha same here, only about 2 hours though... but i'll be there regardless.

pavel d. is and has been my favorite player for a while...detroit is just so loaded that no one stands out w/ ridiculous stats...when frazen comesback...hopefully those symptoms go away soon, the cup will most likely be coming back to detroit...

henrik z. goal last night was sick

Yeah Im expecting to see a whole lot more "Wings Fans" coming into this thread in the next few days. Kinda ******ed but it is what it is. It was thesame thing with the Rangers beating the Devils, it is what it is....

Back
Top Bottom