Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

Check out our season schedule and see if you still think the Niners are going to win the prize...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by University of Nike

#Suck4Luck
What a coincidence, I told BigMike's girl to do the same last night
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't mean to offend you Skins fans, but am I crazy for assuming that the Skins are going to attempt to be the worst team in football this year to pursue Andrew Luck/Matt Barkley? 

Jon Beck QB, who knows RB, Santana Moss lonely WR with some eh signings next to him, and a defense that's decent, but stands no chance of carrying that offense for 4 quarters a game for 4 months......add that all up, I see a 2 win season coming. 
ohwell.gif

Do you guys disagree?  Is there hope somewhere that I'm not seein?  I'm asking honestly here, no jokes.  (I only tell NFL related jokes about the Jets 
pimp.gif
)

There is no hope for this season. Squad has been gutted and re-vamped with younger and cheaper players which is refreshing to see. But that will probably cost us in the win column for now.

Defense is improved but unproven as a unit since 75% of it will be new faces.

Jon Beck has looked terrible from what I've heard. Offensive line is VERY young.

Brandon Banks is our most dangerous weapon when not getting stabbed by one.

And we play two tough divisional opponents and the AFC east this year
sick.gif

I don't mean to offend you Skins fans, but am I crazy for assuming that the Skins are going to attempt to be the worst team in football this year to pursue Andrew Luck/Matt Barkley? 

Jon Beck QB, who knows RB, Santana Moss lonely WR with some eh signings next to him, and a defense that's decent, but stands no chance of carrying that offense for 4 quarters a game for 4 months......add that all up, I see a 2 win season coming. 
ohwell.gif

Do you guys disagree?  Is there hope somewhere that I'm not seein?  I'm asking honestly here, no jokes.  (I only tell NFL related jokes about the Jets 
pimp.gif
)

There is no hope for this season. Squad has been gutted and re-vamped with younger and cheaper players which is refreshing to see. But that will probably cost us in the win column for now.

Jon Beck has looked terrible from what I've heard. Offensive line is VERY young.

sick.gif

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
)

Sticking with Beck at QB is baffling, I'd actually like Grossman to start. Despite Mcnabb terrible play and Grossman's inconsistency last year we were still a top 10 passing offense.

We have upgraded every position on the Dline with Bowen, Cofield, and our 2nd rd pick. We picked up BY FAR the best safety available in OJ Atogwe, and we upgraded our CB core with the signing of Josh Wilson. We traded for Gaffney and drafted a sleeper in Leonard Hankerson, our WR corp is still weak but we have improved. Not to mention Tim Hightower/ Ryan Torain / Roy Helu >>> Portis/Johnson/Parker. With all that said I expect us to compete in every game, i think we're looking at another 7-9 year only due to the fact were actually young and rebuilding the right way.

The cowboys have done absolutely nothing to plug glaring holes, except draft injured players. The 49ers suck (Grossman>>Alex Smith). Carolina is too young.
Nah, we not going to be the worst team in the league.

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
)

Sticking with Beck at QB is baffling, I'd actually like Grossman to start. Despite Mcnabb terrible play and Grossman's inconsistency last year we were still a top 10 passing offense.

We have upgraded every position on the Dline with Bowen, Cofield, and our 2nd rd pick. We picked up BY FAR the best safety available in OJ Atogwe, and we upgraded our CB core with the signing of Josh Wilson. We traded for Gaffney and drafted a sleeper in Leonard Hankerson, our WR corp is still weak but we have improved. Not to mention Tim Hightower/ Ryan Torain / Roy Helu >>> Portis/Johnson/Parker. With all that said I expect us to compete in every game, i think we're looking at another 7-9 year only due to the fact were actually young and rebuilding the right way.

The cowboys have done absolutely nothing to plug glaring holes, except draft injured players. The 49ers suck (Grossman>>Alex Smith). Carolina is too young.
Nah, we not going to be the worst team in the league.

im a huge niners fan - and i genuinely hope we are horrible (not that i have to hope, we will be) so we can make a run at Luck...
Seen Luck play in person, watched him closely as a freshman and told Pops right there he would be an insane NFL QB... long way to go, but dude has everything you need, from head to toe inside and out he is an NFL qb

im a huge niners fan - and i genuinely hope we are horrible (not that i have to hope, we will be) so we can make a run at Luck...
Seen Luck play in person, watched him closely as a freshman and told Pops right there he would be an insane NFL QB... long way to go, but dude has everything you need, from head to toe inside and out he is an NFL qb

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

yup...even as a Cal fan, he's by far the best college QB I've seen in the last ten years. He actually reminds me a little bit of Aaron Rodgers when he was at Cal, but maybe even better because Luck has better mechanics...he has everything you can ask for out of a QB prospect...if he teams up with Harbaugh again it would be
smokin.gif
but I don't know if the 49ers will be bad enough especially with teams like the Bengals around...

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

yup...even as a Cal fan, he's by far the best college QB I've seen in the last ten years. He actually reminds me a little bit of Aaron Rodgers when he was at Cal, but maybe even better because Luck has better mechanics...he has everything you can ask for out of a QB prospect...if he teams up with Harbaugh again it would be
smokin.gif
but I don't know if the 49ers will be bad enough especially with teams like the Bengals around...

Originally Posted by MaxElite

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
)

sick.gif
It really is crazy to think with Dan Snyder that this team is fielding such a piss poor roster.

And no one will flock to Washington because there is no hope there, I don't see how the Skins win more than 5 games this year if that. Not that I really care, but you guys have an owner with deep pockets, yet have NOTHING to show for it.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
)

sick.gif
It really is crazy to think with Dan Snyder that this team is fielding such a piss poor roster.

And no one will flock to Washington because there is no hope there, I don't see how the Skins win more than 5 games this year if that. Not that I really care, but you guys have an owner with deep pockets, yet have NOTHING to show for it.

Actually it makes perfect sense, as Snyder is not a good talent evaluator and he has never surrounded himself w/ a good supporting cast

Actually it makes perfect sense, as Snyder is not a good talent evaluator and he has never surrounded himself w/ a good supporting cast

Skins went 6-10 with a bunch of over the hill vets, not crazy to think we can be better going into the 2nd year of the regime with younger hungrier players.

Snyder deserve alot of the blame, but Vinny Cerrato was our GM. The same guy who said a couple of days ago that he would STILL sign Haynesworth for a 100mill. Hiring Bruce Allen is Snyders best decision as owner.

Skins went 6-10 with a bunch of over the hill vets, not crazy to think we can be better going into the 2nd year of the regime with younger hungrier players.

Snyder deserve alot of the blame, but Vinny Cerrato was our GM. The same guy who said a couple of days ago that he would STILL sign Haynesworth for a 100mill. Hiring Bruce Allen is Snyders best decision as owner.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Yea, Seattle is the first team that's showing interest in Osi right now, but the price is very high...

give us Sydney Rice you can have Osi...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 You guys are asking so much for Osi. Hopefully we can get him for a 3rd rounder. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Yea, Seattle is the first team that's showing interest in Osi right now, but the price is very high...

give us Sydney Rice you can have Osi...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 You guys are asking so much for Osi. Hopefully we can get him for a 3rd rounder. 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Dolphins signed OT Marc Colombo.... [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]kick vernon in to RG or visa versa, keep Pouncey at C (which is where i want him anyway)...?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- Dolphins signed OT Marc Colombo.... [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]kick vernon in to RG or visa versa, keep Pouncey at C (which is where i want him anyway)...?[/color]

Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2011, 8:26 AM EDT

noeldevine1rqjcgwmt7cm-e1311724681829.jpg
Getty Images
Yes, I tend to pay a little more attention to former West Virginia Mountaineers in the NFL than perhaps I should.  But running back Noel Devine is a special case.  A YouTube phenomenon in high school, Devine seemed destined to contend eventually for a Heisman Trophy during his first two college seasons, when all he needed was a glimmer of daylight in order to rocket toward the end zone.

His last two years, based on the standard he set in 2007 and 2008, ended in disappointment.  In 2010, Devine opted to pass on the possibility of being a mid-round pick in the hopes of pushing his draft stock higher.  Instead, an injury against LSU caused his senior season to be ordinary in comparison to his extraordinary promise, and he wasn’t drafted.

Devine then became one of the most-watched undrafted free agents, forced with all others to wait until the lockout ended to get a crack at the NFL.  After false reports emerged that he’d join a Falcons team that has too many running backs, Devine opted to join an Eagles team . . . that has too many running backs.

Still, it was surprising to see that the Eagles waived Devine on Saturday, after only three days of work.  Per Scout.com, Devine left the team.  A source with knowledge of the Personnel Notice tells PFT that Devine indeed was listed as being waived with the “left squad

Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2011, 8:26 AM EDT

noeldevine1rqjcgwmt7cm-e1311724681829.jpg
Getty Images
Yes, I tend to pay a little more attention to former West Virginia Mountaineers in the NFL than perhaps I should.  But running back Noel Devine is a special case.  A YouTube phenomenon in high school, Devine seemed destined to contend eventually for a Heisman Trophy during his first two college seasons, when all he needed was a glimmer of daylight in order to rocket toward the end zone.

His last two years, based on the standard he set in 2007 and 2008, ended in disappointment.  In 2010, Devine opted to pass on the possibility of being a mid-round pick in the hopes of pushing his draft stock higher.  Instead, an injury against LSU caused his senior season to be ordinary in comparison to his extraordinary promise, and he wasn’t drafted.

Devine then became one of the most-watched undrafted free agents, forced with all others to wait until the lockout ended to get a crack at the NFL.  After false reports emerged that he’d join a Falcons team that has too many running backs, Devine opted to join an Eagles team . . . that has too many running backs.

Still, it was surprising to see that the Eagles waived Devine on Saturday, after only three days of work.  Per Scout.com, Devine left the team.  A source with knowledge of the Personnel Notice tells PFT that Devine indeed was listed as being waived with the “left squad

Back
Top Bottom