OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they didnt wait till draft day, how do they know their guy is going to be available at 2?

Has there been anything about another team trying to get the #2 pick?

I wonder why they didnt wait till draft day, how do they know their guy is going to be available at 2?

Browns already got a lot. If the Eagles waited they would have fleeced them more lol

Dont agree with giving up all that to move up but if you think you got yourself a cant miss prospect as a GM you gotta do it.

I hope it works out for them. If not, well a couple more yrs of heartache is on the way for Eagles fans.

Other teams supposedly showed interest.. Our GM essentially gave them an ultimatum, I assume to avoid a bidding war later

Browns already got a lot. If the Eagles waited they would have fleeced them more lol

Dont agree with giving up all that to move up but if you think you got yourself a cant miss prospect as a GM you gotta do it.

I hope it works out for them. If not, well a couple more yrs of heartache is on the way for Eagles fans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...chardson-traded-to-colts-from-browns-for-pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000629436/article/colts-extend-gm-ryan-grigson-through-2019

Eagles have 7 picks in the 2016 draft.. The colts have 6

Last edited:
Supposedly it's known Rams are going goff.. Been said a bunch on here and elsewhere

Last edited:
Other teams supposedly showed interest.. Our GM essentially gave them an ultimatum, I assume to avoid a bidding war later
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...chardson-traded-to-colts-from-browns-for-pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000629436/article/colts-extend-gm-ryan-grigson-through-2019

Eagles have 7 picks in the 2016 draft.. The colts have 6

Although we did do that dumb move we still went from the wild card in 2012, to the divisional in 13 and the afc title game in 14, given all of Grigs mistakes.

One bad year in 15. And we didnt have our coach/gm let all the star players go.

Although extending Grigson I did not like. Pagano should have gone too but I could deal with that. Grigs hell no.

2 eagles players made the all pro team last season.. Fletcher cox and sproles are still on the team

Zero former eagles made it

Last edited:
Draft picks in general aren't a sure bet though.

Teams that draft well can acquire good players in any round and teams that don't can have a ton of picks and do nothing.

this is why you don't give away picks all willy nilly though. you need multiple picks to hit on a portion of them. give em away and lower your the number you hit on

Quarterbacks have a higher positional value than any other position in football though.

A top borderline probowl 7-12 quarterback is worth more to a football team than 3 or 4 borderline probowl position players.

Joe Thomas is the best left tackle in football

Joe Haden is borderline elite

Alex Mack was a top 3 Center.

The Cleveland Browns where still a dumpster fire.
Were? Where?

It will never stop, never change, the narrative of the QB. I get it. It is what it is. People wanna believe and over simplify the myth.

"#1 pick" Super Bowl "winners"

Traffic cone Peyton 2016
Eli Manning vs 18-0
37-38 year old Elway not Terrell Davis
Terry Bradshaw, not that defense
Troy Aikman, and 32 draft picks for Hershel.

Just counting and spouting off "Ringz" for the position without actually looking at how teams really work.

Montana
Brady
Rodgers
Peyton
Brees
Favre
Marino
Elway

Some order of top 10 all time QB's thru history. Elway and Peyton the only two #1. Rest are late firsts and beyond.

People will always believe the one position means everything myth because it's easy to wrap in a lil bow. They'll focus on Peyton/Elway and forget Jamarcus, Leaf, Akili, Couch, Mirer, Harrington, Carr, Vick, Mark Sanchez, Bradford, RG3, Shuler, etc, and that's just Top 5.

Maybe Goff and Wentz join Elway/Manning, likelihood is they join the other list.

Or, maybe when they're 36,37,38 they'll win a SB with an elite defense or throwing 9 times a game and people will praise their draft selection for their teams' success. *shrugs*

Teams that draft well can acquire good players in any round and teams that don't can have a ton of picks and do nothing.

this is why you don't give away picks all willy nilly though. you need multiple picks to hit on a portion of them. give em away and lower your the number you hit on

Quarterbacks have a higher positional value than any other position in football though.

A top borderline probowl 7-12 quarterback is worth more to a football team than 3 or 4 borderline probowl position players.

Ok, and the other CB opposite Haden?

The other 3 spots on the OL?

Any good WR's? RB? How bout LBers? Safeties? DLine?

If the Browns gave me Joe Thomas, Haden and Mack, and I gave them Aaron Rodgers in his prime, are they good now?

Peyton Manning in Denver wins the Super Bowl.
Peyton Manning in Cleveland does, what?

He's the same QB either way, so naturally he wins the SB for the Browns this year, right?

You are a Lions fan, how aren't you seeing this? It's so easy to grasp.

Dalton 3rd round, team wins 10+ a year.
Russ 3rd round, team wins 10+ a year.
Brady 6th round, team wins 10+ a year.
Rodgers 24th, team wins 10+ a year.

Stafford #1, team?
Cam #1, SB this year, he won 5 games last year.

I mean.....?

Bridgewater won your division. Late 1.

Favre tortured you for years, 2nd round.

Bears went to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman and Jim McMahon.

Why on Earth would you fall for the QB hype? I truly don't understand.

Browns drafted that corner out of Oklahoma state at 8 in 2014, Justin Gilbert

Favre was drafted with the 33rd overall pick, then the packers traded the 19th overall pick to the Falcons for him

Last edited:

If the Browns gave me Joe Thomas, Haden and Mack, and I gave them Aaron Rodgers in his prime, are they good now?

He's the same QB either way, so naturally he wins the SB for the Browns this year, right?

Stafford #1, team?

I mean.....?

The 2013 Cleveland Browns literally had solid to borderline pro bowl players at EVERY POSITION you just listed.

And dumpster fire.

Don't bring up Dalton, Bridgewater or Grossman because remember if you don't win it all it doesn't matter if you win any games. Be consistent with your absolutism and not just when it serves your arguemnt. :smile:

Only Super Bowl champions.

Last edited:
The 2013 Cleveland Browns had 6 of 22 starters in the Pro Bowl.

None of them were those fake Pro Bowlers either all legit selections.

They went 4-12

Last edited:
Dolphins have 8 picks in the draft..

The Eagles after trading the whole world, have 7 picks

Stafford #1, team?

I mean.....?

Man what the hell is all of this. You know better. :smh:

Stafford #1, team?

I mean.....?

The 2013 Cleveland Browns literally had solid to borderline pro bowl players at EVERY POSITION you just listed.

And dumpster fire.

Don't bring up Dalton, Bridgewater or Grossman because remember if you don't win it all it doesn't matter if you win any games. Be consistent with your absolutism and not just when it serves your arguemnt. :smile:

Only Super Bowl champions.

Only SB champions, so you bring up the 2013 Browns? :lol:

Do you want me to only do SB champs? Cuz we can do that just fine. How far back you wanna go?

This year Peyton?
Brady?
Russ?
Flacco?
Rodgers?
Eli x 2?
Ben x 2?
Brees?
Peyton (There's one for ya)
Brady a few times
Brad Johnson?
Dilfer?

Still havin fun?

Warner
Old Peyton Elway x 2
Favre
Steve Young
Aikman x 3. (There's one for ya)
Rypien
Hostetler
Doug Williams
Montana x 4
McMahon
Phil Simms

So how we doin thru 30+ Super Bowls?

3 Aikman's with maybe the deepest team ever assembled.
2 Elways and no Terrell Davis.
1 Peyton after being benched
1 real Peyton
2 Eli's, I'll pretend his defense wasn't a thing.

But hey, 2013 Browns or somethin.

Last edited:

Stafford #1, team?

I mean.....?

Man what the hell is all of this. You know better. :smh:

I know.

#AllYouNeedIsQuarterback[emoji]169[/emoji][emoji]174[/emoji][emoji]8482[/emoji]

Man you know what you're doing & I know what you're doing, that why I'm not gonna bite the bait. (even though I probably want to)

That's why I say you know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom