OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple years old:

couple?
Neither Manning has a title wat
this chart is goofy

Was before both won their 2nd championships..

If they won up to that point, they are on the list (as both are)

If they won multiple Super Bowls, then that number is to that point

Brady's most recent tittle isn't there either, hence the 3 and not 4

Last edited:
If I were an Eagles fan, I'd feel even better about the trade right now. I'd love the fact that he's OD mad and super motivated to show management that they're wrong. This should mean you'll get the absolute best out of him, for whatever it's worth and however long that lasts.

Not that he qualifies as this, but sometimes even the best QB's and elite players need a slight kick in the ***. Some guys perform at their best when they feel disrespected. It happened recently with BB doing it to TB12 and he met the challenge. Time for Bradford to show everyone what's really good.

CRYING @ "Slangin' Sammy Sleeves" though. I might use that permanently. :lol:

Was before both won their 2nd championships..

If they won up to that point, they are on the list (as both are)

If they won multiple Super Bowls, then that number is to that point

Brady's most recent tittle isn't there either, hence the 3 and not 4
OH I see. I was reading super bowl thing wrong

realized afterwards the red was only for multiples

gotcha

Last edited:
I think Rodgers was the last winner that list accounts for.. So since then it was:

Eli (1st overall)

Flacco (18th overall)

Wilson (3rd round)

Brady (6th round)

Peyton (1st overall)

draft gon be lit :smokin

who make's the playoffs first? Browns, Rams, Titans, Eagles? :nerd:

Last edited:
Tom Brady 6th round
Aaron Rodgers 24th
Drew Brees 2nd round
Russell Wilson 3rd round
Joe Flacco 18th
Brett Favre 2nd round
Joe Montana 3rd round
Dan Marino 26th
Rich Gannon 4th round
Tony Romo UDFA
Kurt Warner aisle 5
Steve Young supplemental draft
Andy Dalton 2nd round

Peyton, Aikman, Luck, Cam, Elway, Eli #1

All these teams trading multiple picks in multiple seasons and you can get a QB anywhere. Late first, early second, third round, undrafted even. Last year all the "hot QB's were Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cousins, Derek Carr, Tyrod Taylor...........

But let's give up 5-6-7 pieces so we can get North Dakota States Carson Wentz. That might work out if you had Shady, and D-Jax, and Maclin, and Sproles, and Ertz, but now? :smh:

So many first round QB busts, I don't even feel like listing them all, but teams keep wasting time and energy while smarter teams just sit back and build around their QB's.

Most Super Bowls
9ers, Montana, Young, Jeff Garcia, Kapernick.
Pitt, Bradshaw and Neil O Donnell, Ben (Bradshaw went #1)
Dallas, Staubach, Troy Aikman, Tony Romo (Aikman #1)
NE, Tony Eason, Drew Bledsoe, Tom Brady (Bledsoe #1)

Lot of success from these franchises over the years. Aikman and Bradshaw the only ones that won as #1's for these teams, and they were surrounded by talent. Surrounded by it. Drowning in it almost.

But hey, the Rams and Eagles are known for their great QB lineage. Clearly they see great things in Goff and Wentz and both shall flourish in the NFL.

If the goal of your franchise is to win a Super Bowl its statistically more likely to draft a quarterback high and win one vs finding one in the later rounds and winning one.

Tom Brady and Joe Montana are extreme outliers.

That's not an opinion but an objective statement of fact.

I don't know enough about evaluating college quarterbacks to have an opinion on Goff or Wentz but a true franchise quarterback's value can't be measured.

But there is the delicate balance of franchise QBs having to be surrounded by decent talent. Are Aikman, Bradshaw, Ben, Russell nearly as successful or even seen as great around garbage teams? Perhaps not.

I'm glad Pitt (in theory) is a few years away from this conundrum :lol:

Last edited:
Damn Eagles mortgaged their future for Napoleon dynamite's uncle Ricky. Interesting days in the NFC East. I'm hoping Ramsey will fall to us. We could have a dope safety tandem similar to Earl Thomas and Cam Chancelor in Sea.

fully agree with CP. there is NO need to trade away the next two or three drafts to gamble on QB's that are far from a sure bet. even if you have a sure bet, i dunno if price is worth it. because at the end of the day, you never even know if they are a sure bet :lol:

Last edited:
As asked earlier...besides Elway has the 'big trade up' worked? I know teams move a few spots and it has been successful but what about the huge deals?

And 83 was really unique anyway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom