OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lol'd when i saw the Pats newest wideout was white :smh:

Never heard of dude before. He's getting paid more than Edelman so he better show out :lol:

I knew Chandler was going to be gone. He puts up #'s but as someone who has watched damn near every one of his snaps; he aint a game changer

Collins, Hightower, and Straps need to get paid first and foremost

Hogan? He was pretty good in Buffalo. Watch Brady make him look like a pro bowler :lol: nah dude is gonna be a nice fit tho

The Vikings signed LG Alex Boone (the second-best FA guard after Osemele) may sign RT Andre Smith, and then will return their Pro Bowl center after he missed all of last season. Maybe PFF should do their fifth breakdown on the 2015 Vikings natural disaster of an offensive line.

Last edited:
Osemele is a pro bowl guard, and just an Okay to above average Tackle. They are paying him like a tackle but if he stays at guard than he's pretty much an overpaid guard.

The difference between he and Boone in terms of money on the contract (they're not going to see all of it obviously) is $33 million, a margin bigger than what Boone is making overall - Osemele: $60 million, Boone: $27 million. I'm not saying I wanted K.O. by bringing him up, or wanted to spend anywhere near that on a guard, but was just saying that AB was the No. 2 OG that was available at the start of all this.

Last edited:
Buc Em is to blame credit for this Chandler Jones trade

People on here will think I'm lying but Jonathan Cooper actually went to my rival high school and we graduated the same year so I actually have a personal connection to both of these players :lol:

Ah the bum mr. go route Mike Wallace back to talking. Does this guy ever shut up :lol:.

I'll give him that Flacco will actually find him but dude cant even catch the deep balls. Ill never forget dude dropping the game winner for Tannehill then complaining that he dropped it :rofl:

But Chandler has had 2 double digit sack seasons in his 4 years. People don't look at him as Watt or Von. Maybe some Pats do but from what I see he's been rated where he should be.

I wouldn't even he's overrated based on the contract. If he plays 16 games and gets 10-12 sacks that's basically what the market is nowadays.

Like I said, his total numbers by the end of the season don't tell the full story.

Someone on Twitter mentioned that in 25 of the 64 overall games he's played in his career (including playoffs), he's had 0 sacks with 2 tackles or less. Very talented player, super athletic and fluid, but tends to rack up most of his production in bunches on inferior opponents, and gets neutralized more than you'd like.

I wouldn't say he's overrated though. At least not right now.

And to be fair, he's only 26 and the schemes in AZ should help his numbers because they blitz QB's more than anyone else in the league. He won't be asked to protect the edge as much as BB asks of his defensive ends. He might have landed in the best possible situation right before he gets cashed out by Jacksonville in 2017. :lol:

Meh you put those stats up and don't list the name and you'd agree

There was no growth between his rookie and sophomore years. He put up a goose egg in the playoffs but everyone kills the kicker.

Last edited:
I still believe in skinny knees :smokin,he's gonna take that next step next season book it

Last edited:
RW and Bridgewater had basically the same game in those terrible conditions. This is a big season for him, I expect a lot of improvement.

Meh you put those stats up and don't list the name and you'd agree

There was no growth between his rookie and sophomore years. He put up a goose egg in the playoffs but everyone kills the kicker.

People said the same about Matt Ryan. Said he digressed. What most seem to miss is that your responsibilities increase significantly from year 1 to year 2. It's mental growth and things you won't see on the stat sheet right away.

Last edited:
Devonta Freeman has been training at my local park lately. Coincidentally his trainer and mine are good friends that go way back. His trainer also works out Teddy Bridgewater and Antonio Brown.

People said the same about Matt Ryan. Said he digressed. What most seem to miss is that your responsibilities increase significantly from year 1 to year 2. It's mental growth and things you won't see on the stat sheet right away.

The excuses were he's not being asked to do too much though so that's why there isn't progression, if I had a nickel for every time I heard a Norv Turner excuse

Teddy might be great next year but I don't see it, I hope the kid succeeds and I'm wrong, he seems like a great guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom