OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
 ahhhhh the offseason,

damn lemme find out stillin is like the people who always harass me over the phone when it's time to pay tuition. 

I know schools are a business but sheesh :lol:  

that is def. not me

I try to help families, when they don't repay their loans, that is collections :lol:

Alot of time lower income students come from **** up backgrounds and **** up schools with a ton of distractions that you probably won't have attending middle class to upper middle class schools.

It's kinda like congratulations! You made thru bull ***** here's some money.

Student loans/grants aren't always enough for lower-income students either.

Great they got money for class, books, room & board and **** but they got to eat, they've got bills, they've got expenses.

Acting like they're riding the gravy train is disingenuous. Kids from higher-income families have all their bills/tuition paid for plus they're likely getting money sent to 'em.

Last edited:
Alot of time lower income students come from **** up backgrounds and **** up schools with a ton of distractions that you probably won't have attending middle class to upper middle class schools.

man sometimes I really feel like you are trolling, the fact you even use "probably" says you are just making assumptions

Come on man you work higher ed financial aid I expect better from you.

I didn't say lower income folks don't have it better when it comes to reaping the awards of FAFSA.

I didn't say anything about income at all.

Individuals from lower income families have it best when it comes to attending college? Are you serious man?

lower income families get all the free money, what they do with it is on them

That has nothing to do with it. :lol:

Saying individuals from low income families have the best chances of attending college, or they have it the best when it comes to attending college, is obviously factually incorrect. It's also the most ridiculous thing I've seen on NT in a while. Frankly the Polical Discussion thread in general is hard to beat right now.

Bernie wants to raise taxes by 15 trillion.

Everyone would feel the bern...

Even the middle-class. Long run though I think the middle-class would grow as a result of more people being able to go to college.

But he's not going to win so.....Moot point.

Student loans/grants aren't always enough for lower-income students either.

Great they got money for class, books, room & board and **** but they got to eat, they've got bills, they've got expenses.

Acting like they're riding the gravy train is disingenuous. Kids from higher-income families have all their bills/tuition paid for plus they're likely getting money sent to 'em.

if you knew anything, you would know middle class families are the ones who get bent over

I can tell when people just talk out their *** from reading a few folks complaining Twitter, I will digress since I know the facts

That has nothing to do with it. :lol:

Saying individuals from low income families have the best chances of attending college, or they have it the best when it comes to attending college, is obviously factually incorrect. It's also the most ridiculous thing I've seen on NT in a while. Frankly the Polical Discussion thread in general is hard to beat right now.

anyone can attend college, there are colleges for every single person in this country, low income people do have it best when it comes to college because they get all the free money

Last edited:
if you knew anything, you would know middle class families are the ones who get bent over

I can tell when people just talk out their *** from reading a few folks complaining Twitter, I will digress since I know the facts
anyone can attend college, there are colleges for every single person in this country, low income people do have it best when it comes to college because they get all the free money

This is a lie

Where did I say anything about the middle-class in that post? I was comparing low-income families vs high-income families.

Its well known the middle-class gets shafted. Which is why it continues to shrink.

Getting free money =/= having it the best. At all.

That has nothing to do with it.
laugh.gif

Low income people have it best when it comes to financial aid, you know because that's specifically who it's earmarked for. 

That doesn't mean low income people have the best chances of attending college. Literally every data point out there says the exact opposite. 

That "free" money doesn't mean **** for a someone who's missing other vital support systems like family a unit, quality primary and secondary education, college aspirations, etc. Things that lower income individuals are far more likely to be without. 

Your stuck on this point about free money and missing the forest for the tree. 

Last edited:
As someone who came from a low income family and received academic scholarships that were good, but that didn't cover all of tuition and books and rest of cost of attendance as far as housing, food, etc. Had to take out federal student loans through the school that are subsequently being paid back every month.

There are caps on Pell grants, academic competitiveness grants and the like. To sit there and say that I'm better off for having this debt than somebody who's parents were able to put them through school and them come out debt free is insane.

Not even getting into the rising costs of attending colleges every year and even the reputable ones your degree isn't guaranteeing employment in the slightest in the field you studied for. So that leaves you having to try and work for an advanced degree that accumulates even more debt. The college system here is a scam for the most part in my opinion.

So much truth.

I come from a middle class family and we're struggling to finance college for me because I'm a white male. I get very little help because I don't qualify for the majority of scholarships.
mean.gif
Feelsbadman

man sometimes I really feel like you are trolling, the fact you even use "probably" says you are just making assumptions

I said probably because there could be distractions at middle class and upper middle class schools, I didn't want to totally discount it.

I am making assumptions because I didn't attend an low income school but I have friends who have taught in low income schools and they tell me all the **** those kids have to deal.

The closest personal experience I have with it is I worked with at risk students for a bit and their problems were a lot different than other students who weren't at risk.

I am checking out of this talk because I have real experience with all this

FYI - I came from a low income family and I sucked in high school, I barely graduated and went to community college. I made the most of it before transferring to a D1 school after a year and half. America just likes to make excuses when they don't put the work in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom