OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

if you knew anything, you would know middle class families are the ones who get bent over

I can tell when people just talk out their *** from reading a few folks complaining Twitter, I will digress since I know the facts
anyone can attend college, there are colleges for every single person in this country, low income people do have it best when it comes to college because they get all the free money
So much truth.

I come from a middle class family and we're struggling to finance college for me because I'm a white male. I get very little help because I don't qualify for the majority of scholarships.
mean.gif
Feelsbadman
You don't qualify because you parent or parents make a considerable amount of income relative to others. Not because you're a white male.  The majority of those "others" are white too btw. 

Last edited:
I am checking out of this talk because I have real experience with all this

FYI - I came from a low income family and I sucked in high school, I barely graduated and went to community college. I made the most of it before transferring to a D1 school after a year and half. America just likes to make excuses when they don't put the work in.
Pretty bad cop out man. 

It's absolutely shocking to me that a working professional can't comprehend that financial aid isn't everything. 

because your parents can put you through college debt free makes it better? that's like 3% of the population

I expect this from NT though

Every low income family is getting financial aid/full rides that cover everything for cost of attendance? If the answer is yes, you have a point, but we know that's not the case. Don't have to be in the industry to know that.

Thats good for you Stilling, I didn't realize you went to a low income school, I figured Pettine wouldn't be coaching at a low income school.

Last edited:
Every low income family is getting financial aid/full rides that cover everything for cost of attendance? If the answer is yes, you have a point, but we know that's not the case. Don't have to be in the industry to know that.

do you even understand what COA is? colleges make that up, it's a blind figure so they can discount tuition and make it look like you are getting a deal, it's essentially a 20% coupon

You expect what? Get out of her with cop outs and straw man arguments and have a discussion. Jesus Christ man. :lol:

you want to pin it on lower income students not having a support system, you keep harping on that, at some point you need to stop making excuses

nobody comes from a perfect situation, you can F up your 1st semester which is natural but fool me once...

Thats good for you Stilling, I didn't realize you went to a low income school, I figured Pettine wouldn't be coaching at low income school.

he didn't coach my school so not even sure where you wanna go with that

Last edited:
Yes I know what cost of attendance is. I got academic scholarships, Pell grants, academic competitiveness grants and it still wasn't enough. How is that hard to understand?

Yes I know what cost of attendance is. I got academic scholarships, Pell grants, academic competitiveness grants and it still wasn't enough. How is that hard to understand?

This was my experience too. Didn't pay any tuition at UCLA, but that didn't cover expenses for living or for buying class material.

Who wouldn't?

that isn't how it works in this country

agree or disagree, if you get your tuition covered and just take out loans for housing/books then you are doing alright

christ, I don't know why I am still going on...JJ Watt needs to get a DUI or something

Yeah I just looked it up thats right you said Pettine coached against your school. You said you went to Plymouth Whitemarsh.

I didn't realize that was a low income school. Thats good for you for making it out of that situation.

Just because you made it, it doesnt mean its easy though.

Last edited:
You expect what? Get out of her with cop outs and straw man arguments and have a discussion. Jesus Christ man.
laugh.gif
you want to pin it on lower income students not having a support system, you keep harping on that, at some point you need to stop making excuses

nobody comes from a perfect situation, you can F up your 1st semester which is natural but fool me once...
Who's making excuses? You said lower income individuals have the best chances of attending college. Me calling you out and saying you're wrong about that one false statement isn't making excuses for low income individuals. Nice red herring though. 

And I haven't harped on anything, it only seems that way because up until now you've ducked everyone of my attempts to make you acknowledge tha their are factors other than finances, that impact the likelihood o f someone attending college. 

Like I said before, you're so caught up on one of many factors that you want to act like we can just disregard other cultural and socio-economic factors that have a massive impact as well. You keep defending your position like the argument is whether or not low income families are the most likely to benefit from financial aid. 

I don't even know what you're getting at with your last sentence. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom