OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got dudes in the HOF that have done all types of ****. You telling me TO was more of a distraction than dudes who were drug addicts and alcoholics. LT was a madman off the field. But he brought on the field and TO did too.

The TO "locker room cancer" thing was always overblown to me. The Eagels had their best season with him. The Cowboys made him the scapegoat and they still haven't done anything and still sign questionable dudes.

Last edited:
So Falcons asked the tOSU CB Eli Apple if he liked men...somebody getting fired.

Last edited:
There's no personality clause for the HOF but theres nothing that says they have to overlook personality and locker room character.

I believe it's kinda vague.

Who are these guys to deny a great player a chance at the Hall because they didn't like his personality? Was TO the definite reason his teams didn't win championships? His only chance at a Super Bowl and he fought back from a devastating injury to even play in the game. Voters don't wanna look at that tho.

And to take it a step further, they ate all of TO's antics right up. Every quote, every celebration, every sit up in the drive way, they were there with **** eating grins ready to report on it. But now that same guy isn't good enough to get your votes? **** outta here :lol:

Last edited:
Its funny TO is dry snitching on Marvin even though everyone knows and this is general information :lol:

You'll get in bruh. Relax TO.

Terrell Owens is one of the top 2/3 WRs to EVER play the game. Not one of the 2/3 best when he played...but in the history of the league, IMO.

Some of these pencil-pushing nerds have WAY too much power when deciding who should/shouldn't be enshrined in the HOF. It's a joke. I said my piece on Art Monk and Peter King, so I don't agree with what's going on with Owens right now. It's a sham that he wasn't a first ballot guy for as skurrtskurrt29 skurrtskurrt29 said, antics that the media absolutely ate up.

Who gives a **** about his tantrums and other blow ups...when it came time to do his thing on the field, he gave max effort.

It's crazy, because getting a SB win with the Eagles would change the ENTIRE narrative on his career.

So Falcons asked the tOSU CB Eli Apple if he liked men...somebody getting fired.
images

TO had no business mentioning Marvin Harrison or saying his numbers are better.

I could be wrong but I don't recall TO mentioning Marvin Harrison at all during his tantrum ..

While Owens didn’t complain about the greats who will be enshrined, Harrison, who spent his 13-year career mostly silent, couldn’t hold his tongue, telling the Talk of Fame Network: “If he didn’t get in, that’s his problem. He can talk all that other bulls–t like he’s been doing.”

While there shouldn't be a personality clause in the HOF and it shouldn't affect voting....you (meaning the player) can't be so dense and out of touch to not realize that it is a factor and clearly influences voters. If you don't care, the fine. If you don't agree, even better. But don't act innocent and confused about it. Likeable personalities that know how to 'play the game' always get preferential treatment. Just how it is

The fact that ANYTHING, outside of a criminal record, could preclude him/anyone from making it into the HOF, esp. a receiver who is SECOND in all-time receiving yards, is a ******* embarrassment. Those who fill out the ballots need to get over themselves.

I would like to see Marvin Harrison play with Jeff Garcia.

Or:

"I am really excited about the addition of Terrell Owens to our team," Bills 2009 QB Trent Edwards said after T.O. signed a one-year deal with Buffalo for the 2009 season. "We spoke earlier and both look forward to working hard this offseason. We share the common goal of winning football games. His ability and experience will add to our offense and the weapons we already have."

Like, got dayum

Last edited:

"The Falcons coach, one of the coaches, was like, 'So do you like men?'" Apple told Comcast SportsNet. "It was like the first thing he asked me. It was weird. I was just like, 'No.' He was like, 'If you're going to come to Atlanta, sometimes that's how it is around here. You're going to have to get used to it'

:rofl: :rofl:

@Jetpacunlimited Get ya mans b.

Colts released Dre. No surprise there

Knew we had no more need for him after Moncrief started doing his thing.Lowkey it was kind of sad to watch Andre man. Especially after Bill/Texans basically said hes not the same anymore and he wanted to prove he still had it...but he doesn't.

Think thats a career for him.

He looked more than capable catching passes from Hasselbeck :lol:

Colts released Dre. No surprise there

Knew we had no more need for him after Moncrief started doing his thing.Lowkey it was kind of sad to watch Andre man. Especially after Bill/Texans basically said hes not the same anymore and he wanted to prove he still had it...but he doesn't.

Think thats a career for him.

He looked more than capable catching passes from Hasselbeck :lol:

He caught 19 passes from Matt Hasselbeck.

Talk about a swing and a miss.

Last edited:
While there shouldn't be a personality clause in the HOF and it shouldn't affect voting....you (meaning the player) can't be so dense and out of touch to not realize that it is a factor and clearly influences voters. If you don't care, the fine. If you don't agree, even better. But don't act innocent and confused about it. Likeable personalities that know how to 'play the game' always get preferential treatment. Just how it is

The problem is the voters have shown that they are sensitive, biased geeks.

"This guy wasn't nice to me so I'm not voting for him"

"This guy didn't talk to us enough so we'll make him wait"

Things that have nothing to do with what somebody did on the field. That's some sucka stuff. They might as well let us vote if being biased and having agendas is ok.

Last edited:
Tom Brady, Antonio Gates, and Adrian Peterson are all going to get voted into the HoF and most (if not all) will be first ballot.

One is synonymous with cheating and controversies, another pissed hot and was suspended for PED use, and the final one beat the **** out of a kid.

If they all make it in first ballot, but TO didn't because he rustled some jimmies, they gotta fix the process.

That's all I'm saying.

(and before someone gets rustled on NT, yes I believe all three of these guys *AND* TO deserve first ballot HoF status. top or near the top of best players I've seen at their respective positions. simmer down now)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom