OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
JPP will be fine. If you watched the games hes still the same but he just has to use different techniques to do what he does best. Its all mental at this point.

No way teams wont pick this guy up if available.

JJ Watt ‏@JJWatt · 12m12 minutes ago

If you think I'd leave a game and my teammates over just a sports hernia, you're crazy.

Yeah, you left the game because you saw that scoreboard and threw in the towel.

still feeling great the broncos won the superbowl almost a month later but im ready for the new league year. do it like 97/98 :nerd: my body is ready for the 2016 season :nthat:

side note, i remember seeing a lot of talk in the media about the 2015 broncos defense being the best ever or even having a case for the best ever. lulz at that. the backs got exposed the last 5 weeks of the season. they allowed i think 17 points a game all season. dont get me wrong the defense is one of the all time greats but greatest or even a case for the greatest, get out of here with that. the stats are there but they dont tell the whole story. one of the greatest but far from the greatest.

Last edited:
side note, i remember seeing a lot of talk in the media about the 2015 broncos defense being the best ever or even having a case for the best ever. lulz at that. the backs got exposed the last 5 weeks of the season. they allowed i think 17 points a game all season. dont get me wrong the defense is one of the all time greats but greatest or even a case for the greatest, get out of here with that. the stats are there but they dont tell the whole story. one of the greatest but far from the greatest.

They shut down cam, rothlisburger, and Brady when it mattered the most. They also whooped Rodgers this year. They won the Super Bowl with a qb that looked shaky at best. I think the talk is warranted.

Franc a champ :pimp:

:nthat:

They shut down cam, rothlisburger, and Brady when it mattered the most. They also whooped Rodgers this year. They won the Super Bowl with a qb that looked shaky at best. I think the talk is warranted.

one of the greatest? absolutely. the greatest, no. they had a great playoff run for sure.

Still say Seattle's D was/is better historically but that playoff run is gonna go down in history man..:smh:

Last edited:
Still say Seattle's D was/is better historically but that playoff run is gonna go down in history man..:smh:

Historically the 85 bears, but let's talk about recent times

1. Ravens 2000
2. Bucs
3. Seattle

The 85 bears team couldve been the "dynasty". They pretty much are the measuring stick of defenses when we talk about greatness. But people forget that the 86 bears were statistically better, but didn't win the title.

But they ran into the 84 niners and the 86 giants, who were some sick F'ing teams.

But we don't hear them taking about no 84 niners or 86 giants

Last edited:
84 Niners are an all time great team. Giants defenses were legendary in that time as well. NFC in the 80s/90s :pimp:

Denver definitely had an all time playoff run....but don't make a top ten all time defense list for me

76 Steelers >

08 Steelers = most forgotten dominant defense

if '91 eagles team had literally any semblance of an offense they would easily be on those and everyone lists..

won 10 games while going through 4 QBs that season (jim McMahon starting most of em)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Philadelphia_Eagles_season
[h3]A Defense That Rewrote the Record Books[edit][/h3]
Philadelphia's defensive finished the season ranked first in the NFL in fewest passing yards, rushing yards, and total yards allowed. As such, the Eagles became only the fifth club in NFL history and the first since 1975 to accomplish this rare triple. Five members of that defensive unit represented the Eagles in the Pro Bowl – DEs Reggie White and Clyde Simmons, DT Jerome Brown, and LB Seth Joyner were selected as starters while CB Eric Allen also made the NFC squad. The selection of White, Simmons, and Brown marked only the sixth time in NFL history that three defensive linemen from one team were elected to the Pro Bowl.

In addition, the Eagles' defense led the NFL in sacks and fumble recoveries and tied for the league lead in takeaways. The Eagles' 48 defensive takeaways in 1991 is tied for the most in the NFL in the 1990s.[sup][2][/sup]

Last edited:
84 Niners are an all time great team. Giants defenses were legendary in that time as well. NFC in the 80s/90s :pimp:

Denver definitely had an all time playoff run....but don't make a top ten all time defense list for me

76 Steelers >

08 Steelers = most forgotten dominant defense

really? not top 10 defense of all time? i believe they are top 10 but not greatest. we need nfl network to settle this with an updated top 10 defenses of all time segment :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom