OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if JPP is doing this now that he's realizing that there isn't much interest in his services as he thought there would be? Don't know why else he'd wait this long.
Nah, that ain't it. He already sued the hospital and they reached an undisclosed settlement. The hospital also held a separate investigation and identified the two workers responsible for the violation. 

7 month turnaround for a 2nd lawsuit isn't too bad considering what already took place and busy schedules or whatever.
I also don't blame Schefter for putting it out there

He knew the ramifications of it but that's why he's the best in the biz
I guarantee you Schefter and the idiot hospital workers misunderstood the ramifications. Schefter said he posted them to offer undisputed proof that JPP's hand was finger was amputated. But when you're already the most trusted reporter in the business, and the only other dude out there on your level is Woj, there's no need to go as far as he did. He wanted to flex yet it wasn't necessary.

Maybe if he just posts the information instead of the chart those 2 workers are still employed. ESPN doesn't take the PR hit. 

This could also screw him down the line when he needs info from someone else in that field (or a new source)...and instead they might decide to pump the brakes.

Having said that, what Schefter did wasn't illegal and he's protected under law.

As much as we want JPP to get ESPN's money, it won't get as far as y'all might think. I'm guessing either another quick undisclosed settlement or it gets thrown out in court.

Last edited:
But is Schefter legally at fault for this? Sure it was a scumbag thing to do, but I thought HIPPA violations were only for healthcare employees, insurance companies, ect...

DSK put an answer out there and I'd agree with my very limited knowledge. I doubt he would be in any legal trouble, unlike certain info where distribution is penalized as well

Nah, that ain't it. He already sued the hospital and they reached an undisclosed settlement. The hospital also held a separate investigation and identified the two workers responsible for the violation. 

7 month turnaround for a 2nd lawsuit isn't too bad considering what already took place and busy schedules or whatever.

I guarantee you Schefter and the idiot hospital workers misunderstood the ramifications. Schefter said he posted them to offer undisputed proof that JPP's hand was finger was amputated. But when you're already the most trusted reporter in the business, and the only other dude out there on your level is Woj, there's no need to go as far as he did. He wanted to flex yet it wasn't necessary.

Maybe if he just posts the information instead of the chart those 2 workers are still employed. ESPN doesn't take the PR hit. 

This could also screw him down the line when he needs info from someone else in that field (or a new source)...and instead they might decide to pump the brakes.

Having said that, what Schefter did wasn't illegal and he's protected under law.

As much as we want JPP to get ESPN's money, it won't get as far as y'all might think. I'm guessing either another quick undisclosed settlement or it gets thrown out in court.

I don't see how he could misunderstand though, it seems pretty common knowledge to me

Last edited:
what Schefter did wasn't illegal and he's protected under law.

Yeah I don't think this will get far at all.

“HIPAA does not apply to news organizations,” ESPN said in a statement issued Wednesday night, via CNN.

Since HIPAA doesn't apply here, JPP and his lawyers will probably focus on the violation of state privacy laws. He might win if they go in that direction.

Also:

The lawsuit doesn't specify how much money Pierre-Paul is seeking, other than it "is an action for damages in excess of $15,000."

So it doesn't sound like he's suing for much anyways.

JPP will be signed but it'll be on a team friendly deal

if he didn't have that accident he'd cash in

Last edited:
Still crazy to me what happened to him man..over goddamn fireworks. Mog gotta wake up everyday with the same thought like damn..wtf dude

Trent Richardson is byke in the league
indifferent.gif

signing with Baltimore pending a physical
the best running back of all time is back! 
pimp.gif

gonna go ahead and commit a cardinal sin and cop his ravens jersey

Yeah he'll be on an NFL roster next season, Jason isn't going to from franchise player to out of the NFL in one season.

Some team will bring in him as at least a backup/high rotation guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom