OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It boggles my mind that the Titans actually WANTED to keep Mike Mularkey as head coach. And then they went as far as to take any GM off their candidate list that didn't want to keep Mularkey.

That's why they're the Tennessee Titans.

How long are rookie contracts? 4 years? 5?

#FreeMM8

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo · 28m28 minutes ago

Hue Jackson on Johnny Manziel: "That behavior will not be tolerated as we move forward. Our organization is going to take a stand."
someway, somehow, I think Hue is the person who makes the Browns relevant
That Marvin Lewis coaching tree I tell you 
pimp.gif

Best GM in the league.

Why would you :pimp: all these coaches that leave when the Bengals would advance with them in place :lol:

Marvin staying coach is :pimp: for AFC fans

Marvin as a GM only is scary

It boggles my mind that the Titans actually WANTED to keep Mike Mularkey as head coach. And then they went as far as to take any GM off their candidate list that didn't want to keep Mularkey.
Their ownership situation is in disarray, and they're lowkey beefing with the league over how their organization is structured. 

So they preferred to keep the incumbent coach because they like him and don't want to shell out any more money than required.

And that's why bad teams stay bad. It starts right from the decisions at the top.
Marvin staying coach is 
pimp.gif
 for AFC fans
Preach! 

They should've taken my suggestion to make the perfect hire for that team (Tom Coughlin), but I don't mind another AFC owner keeping the incumbent around. 
smokin.gif

[h1]NFL, NFLPA make progress toward deal on Roger Goodell’s role in player discipline[/h1]
The NFL and the NFL Players Association are making progress toward an agreement on revisions to the player-disciplinary system that likely would change Commissioner Roger Goodell’s role in the appeals process, according to people familiar with the deliberations.

An accord appears within reach as the negotiations continue. But the timetable for completing a deal is unclear and if those close to the process know at this point what Goodell’s modified role will be, they’re not saying.

According to one person with knowledge of the proceedings, “slow progress” is being made in the talks. That person expressed doubt that a deal will be struck soon but added that the two sides probably “will get there eventually.”

Others connected to the process expressed similar sentiments, saying the negotiations are ongoing and moving toward a compromise but it’s not clear when a resolution might be reached.

The NFLPA is seeking neutral arbitration for appeals by players of discipline imposed by the league under the sport’s personal conduct policy and integrity-of-the-game rules. Currently such appeals are heard and resolved by Goodell or a person appointed by him.

The union has made successful courtroom challenges of discipline imposed by the league on Adrian Peterson under the personal conduct policy and Tom Brady under the integrity-of-the-game rules. The NFLPA also points to running back Ray Rice’s suspension being overturned on appeal when Goodell appointed a former federal judge, Barbara S. Jones, to resolve that case.

Goodell has said he is willing to consider changes to the system of player discipline but is not willing to surrender his authority to resolve appeals to a third-party arbitrator.

I know.
mean.gif
 Scumbag 'till the end. 

And it wouldn't surprise me to see the NFLPA still come out losing somehow with their weak ***. Owners just ain't got no respect for those dudes if they're finessin' them out of $120M on the low for 3+ years.

Les Bowen@*****wen 11m11 minutes ago

Eagles have released DeMeco Ryans

Les Bowen@*****wen 10m10 minutes ago

Obvious cap casualty--opens up $3.5 million, but when healthy, which was increasingly rare, DeMeco can still play and lead very effectively

Last edited:
Yeah I don't understand the Titans keeping him, they have a young quarterback prospect that they could mess up by sticking with that bad coach.

I think he has like 4th worst head coaching record in NFL history.

they're lowkey beefing with the league over how their organization is structured. 

wait, what?

what does the league have to do with what happens internally with the team?

The league wants every team to have at least 1 majority owner but the Adams family wants it split between his 3 children with 1 controlling voice, which of course doesn't satisfy the league.

Goodell may not come out & publically say it but I think he wants the family to sell the team.

they're lowkey beefing with the league over how their organization is structured. 

wait, what?

The league wants every team to have at least 1 majority owner but the Adams family wants it split between his 3 children with 1 controlling voice, which of course doesn't satisfy the league.

Goodell may not come out & publically say it but I think he wants the family to sell the team.
I see.. and that is where peyton and co were suppose to come in, right?

wait, what?

Goodell may not come out

I see.. and that is where peyton and co were suppose to come in, right?

Idk who would be in th running to buy the team but I'm sure they wouldn't mind the Mannings owning them. Probably would even encourage it.

heard it was a group he was a part of.. didn't think much of it.. but now it makes more sense in light of the league trying to get the family to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom