OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should restructure his contract. He owes it to elway and this team. No one tries to tear their acl twice but it is what it is. Be aware of the young dudes on this team that we're trying to retain and deserve to be payed. 
**** that.

I see the point you're trying to make, and it's not an uncommon thing in the NFL. Player misses time to injury and keeps getting paid what's on contract, team asks for restructure/pay cut after the season to "make up" for it. That's business in this league.

The rest of what you said falls in line with a thought process I never understood from some fans. OWES it to Elway and the team?  Should be aware of other players situations while re-negotiating HIS money? 
laugh.gif
 Nah, man. It doesn't work like that. That's straight up silliness. 

Just another example of what @trey ohh five  brought up yesterday...
This is a classic case of sports fans expecting things from their athletes that they would never expect of themselves.

Last edited:
Dante Fowler Shown on Video of Altercation Between 2 Women

After missing his entire rookie season due to injury, Jacksonville Jaguars pass-rusher Dante Fowler Jr. is back in the headlines Tuesday for his involvement in an altercation between two women he has reportedly been linked to.

According to TMZ Sports, a woman believed to be Fowler's girlfriend engaged in a wild brawl at a Florida apartment with the mother of his child, and the former University of Florida star watched it occur.

Police said they weren't called to the scene, and no charges were filed by any of the involved parties.

In the video, which is reportedly from Feb. 1, Fowler appears to step back in anticipation of the fight before finally breaking it up.

The 2015 No. 3 overall NFL draft pick is recovering from a torn ACL suffered last May that prevented him from seeing a single snap during the 2015 campaign.

When asked about his condition in December, Fowler vowed to do everything possible during the offseason to get ready for the start of the 2016 season, per Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union: "I'll be here the whole offseason with the strength coaches and trainers getting right and getting after it. I still haven't seen the light. Whenever the doctors clear me, that's when I'll see it. Until then, I'm doing everything I can to get it stronger."

The Jags took some significant steps forward offensively in 2015 due to the development of quarterback Blake Bortles, but they ranked just 24th in total defense and 31st in points allowed.

They were also just 20th in the NFL with 36 sacks, which is a stat Fowler should boost significantly in 2016 and beyond if he can return to form.

Head coach Gus Bradley likely needs a strong season to save his job, and the former Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator could potentially do some special things with Fowler at his disposal.

His involvement in a fight—albeit non-physical—is an unwelcome distraction as he attempts to work his way back into action, but no indication has been given that it could impact him from a legal perspective or prompt some type of league or team discipline.

@Chester McFloppy  Hadn't seen it until your post. Went to look it up and...
[h1]REPORT: ARBITRATOR RULES NFL HID AS MUCH AS $120 MILLION IN REVENUE FROM PLAYERS[/h1]
NFL players will collectively receive around $50 million, and the 2016 salary cap will increase by around $1.5 million, after an arbitrator ruled that the league misclassified up to $120 million in revenue, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Over the past three years, the NFL withheld “waived gate” revenue from the players, reports Matthew Futterman. According to the collective bargaining agreement, teams can withhold money from the sale of certain luxury boxes, personal seat licenses, and stadium naming deals, to help fund stadium construction costs. That’s what the NFL says they did here, but the arbitrator ruled that “waived gate” revenue revenue counts as typical ticket sales, of which the players receive 40%. That’s how you get the players’ share of around $50 million from $120 million in withheld revenue.

The NFLPA discovered the discrepancy when conducting an audit of the league’s books; it is unclear why it took them three seasons to notice it. 
Two things, 

1). #INTEGRITY

2). Yikes @ how long it took them to discover it. The NFLPA is really the weakest sports union outchea and it ain't even close.
The NFLPA crowed a bit about the victory (“They created an exemption out of a fiction and they got caught,” NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith told the Wall Street Journal) while the NFL chalked it up to a "technical accounting issue." 
CharltonHestonLaugh.gif

Last edited:
The next lockout's gonna be fun...

For who? I don't feel like the players weak Union has improved at all.

The outside observer :lol:,hopefully the players union can hold their own at little better then last time...

There were a bunch of people saying that the last holdout really hurt the game as practicing time was cut. They said coaches didn't have enough time to teach and implement their ideas for the upcoming weekend. I'm curious how true that is and such. It seems like everybody focuses on how much money to make, and the smaller things like that seem to change the game more.

He should restructure his contract. He owes it to elway and this team. No one tries to tear their acl twice but it is what it is. Be aware of the young dudes on this team that we're trying to retain and deserve to be payed. 

**** that.

I see the point you're trying to make, and it's not an uncommon thing in the NFL. Player misses time to injury and keeps getting paid what's on contract, team asks for restructure/pay cut after the season to "make up" for it. That's business in this league.

The rest of what you said falls in line with a thought process I never understood from some fans. OWES it to Elway and the team?  Should be aware of other players situations while re-negotiating HIS money? :lol:  Nah, man. It doesn't work like that. That's straight up silliness. 

Just another example of what @trey ohh five
 brought up yesterday...

This is a classic case of sports fans expecting things from their athletes that they would never expect of themselves.

I'm telling you mayne, some of the **** I read on here about "the right thing to do" is ridiculous. For instance, if you told him to restructure his employment contract and take a pay cut because he "owes it" to his boss and co-workers he'd tell you to go **** yourself.

Just read Colston was released by the Saints.

Hell of a career. He'll probably do his thing in a Pats jersey next year.

If the NFL suspends Fowler over that video :smh:

From what we saw, he let his baby momma and his new girlfriend shoot the fade and broke it up once it started to get out of hand.

Is there more footage? I'm trying to figure out what "disturbing images" the league is referring too?

From what we saw, he let his baby momma and his new girlfriend shoot the fade and broke it up once it started to get out of hand.

Is there more footage? I'm trying to figure out what "disturbing images" the league is referring too?
Same. All I saw was two chicks duking it out over a man :lol:

Same. All I saw was two chicks duking it out over a man :lol:

:lol: exactly and I'm pretty sure that fight between them has been brewing for a few months. They finally saw each other and it popped off.

Add in the fact no cops were called and nothing was reported, I'm really confused about the disturbing images part ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom