OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan Mathis went in on Chip

Evan Mathis has never been shy about sharing a piece of his mind.

Some things never change.

The former Eagles offensive lineman ripped his former head coach Chip Kelly in an email to Mike Klis of Denver's 9News, calling Kelly’s offense “never-evolving, vanilla” and saying the Broncos’ personalities “would have eaten Chip alive.”

“There were many things that Chip had done that showed me he wasn’t building a championship team,” Mathis wrote. “Two of the main issues that concerned me were: 1. A never-evolving, vanilla offense that forced our own defense to play higher than normal play counts.

“2. His impatience with certain personality types even when they were blue-chip talents. The Broncos team I was on would have eaten Chip alive. I don’t think he could have handled the plethora of large personalities.”

Mathis and Kelly had a documented history of butting heads in Philly. The Eagles and Mathis’ camp had begun talking about a new contract ahead of the 2014 season, but decided to wait until the next offseason before seriously diving into the details.

However, waiting would prove fatal to the deal. In that time, Kelly took over personnel decisions and Howie Roseman took a back seat. Eventually, reports surfaced that the Eagles would release Mathis if they were unable to find a trade partner. Mathis responded by sending Kelly a YouTube video of Engelbert Humperdinck’s song “Release me.” On June 11, Kelly obliged.

“I hope Chip learns from his experiences in Philadelphia and grows as a coach,” Mathis wrote. “Maybe he’ll find some constructive criticism from this.”

Mathis, who ended up signing a one-year deal with the Broncos instead of taking a more lucrative offer from the Dolphins, also talked about winning the Super Bowl, playing through injury, some of his biggest blunders, among other topics.

The 34-year-old free agent is slated to have surgery on his right ankle on Wednesday.

:rofl: at that vanilla offense. Mathis speaking 100% truth. Man that Buccs game was some of the worst offense I have seen run from start to finish. The Buccs knew what was being run damn near every down :lol:

mean.gif
  120 mil 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Panthers need a DE in the worst way but it won't be Hardy unfortunately :smh:

Idk about all that we got kony, cj, Addison and a few other DEs that are ok. What we need is some o linemen. I'd take the cracken back but I know it won't happen.

we should scoop TO. He's gotta be more effective than Jericho

Last edited:
Actually Ryan Clady should be the one being cut or restructured but honestly if im Broncos front office im cutting him.

You're cutting Ryan clady? Uhhh ok. Sure he's been out the past couple of seasons but if healthy, he's the best blindside o-linemen in the game

Last edited:
You're cutting Ryan clady? Uhhh ok. Sure he's been out the past couple of seasons but if healthy, he's the best blindside o-linemen in the game

Definitely cutting him if he cant restructure if I was you guys. Yall went to the Superbowl 2 times and he wasnt there for both and for one he was out the whole year.

Clady is the "best" in the game but what does that matter if he doesnt touch the field when it matters at that price :lol:. Plus that recent injury is a red flag and he's only getting older. Broncos dont need him.

Definitely cutting him if he cant restructure if I was you guys. Yall went to the Superbowl 2 times and he wasnt there for both and for one he was out the whole year.

Clady is the "best" in the game but what does that matter if he doesnt touch the field when it matters at that price :lol:. Plus that recent injury is a red flag and he's only getting older. Broncos dont need him.

I agree with everything except for the last sentence. He should restructure his contract. He owes it to elway and this team. No one tries to tear their acl twice but it is what it is. Be aware of the young dudes on this team that we're trying to retain and deserve to be payed. If he doesn't want to restructure then ya, go ahead and dump him. But they do need him. Even if he's 80 percent of what he used to be. The o-line is
The biggest weakness. And it should be number 1 priority to fix over the summer.

^ Just sold all my players for coins and then sold all my coins for cash. Was in a top 25 league with 101/100/99.

Got to tired of always updating players, not enough time to compete with all these dudes.

^ Just sold all my players for coins and then sold all my coins for cash. Was in a top 25 league with 101/100/99.

Got to tired of always updating players, not enough time to compete with all these dudes.
Damn, that's nice. How much cash you make

$160, sold 10mil at $16/mil.

Not worth it compared to the time spent obviously, but it was free time, so it's not that bad I guess.

Idk about all that we got kony, cj, Addison and a few other DEs that are ok. What we need is some o linemen. I'd take the cracken back but I know it won't happen.

we should scoop TO. He's gotta be more effective than Jericho
CJ is as good as cut if he doesn't restructure and honestly it's to the point with his production that it'll have to be alot less than he's getting now and I don't believe he'll take that type of cut. I think cutting him saves $11mil.

I agree with everything except for the last sentence. He should restructure his contract. He owes it to elway and this team. No one tries to tear their acl twice but it is what it is. Be aware of the young dudes on this team that we're trying to retain and deserve to be payed. If he doesn't want to restructure then ya, go ahead and dump him. But they do need him. Even if he's 80 percent of what he used to be. The o-line is
The biggest weakness. And it should be number 1 priority to fix over the summer.

Yeah he def should and I think before the superbowl he said he would so that should work out and he does owe it to Elway. Yeah yall OLine was pretty damn bad but showed up when it needed to but I think yall will draft right and make the right moves...Like you guys always do with Elway back there :pimp:

Never got into that madden mobile game I guess it's too late now 2k mobile on the other hand:smokin

Evan Mathis went at chip I'm not surprised I wonder if the media blows this up once again

Anyone following the combine some of the qb's look like studs I'm liking Paxton lynch and that kid from South Dekota

Evan Mathis went at chip I'm not surprised I wonder if the media blows this up once again

Jason peters supposedly played a huge role in him being gone.. Also played a role in chip being gone

Weird with how things played out with him in buffalo the amount of pull he has within the eagles

This guy....

Terron Beckham, cousin of Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr., tries to keep NFL dreams alive while building brand on Instagram

Terron says he barely knows his cousin, although he does speak frequently with Odell 's father, Odell Sr. He hasn't spoken with Odell Beckham Jr. since the Giant headed to LSU, in large part because his own, less star-studded story left him worried that he'd hold the most famous Beckham back.

Was pretty much all I needed to read.

Homie probably got as much of a shot playing the L as you & me, but mission accomplished with getting his name out there to help his other endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom