OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk and Lynch are two dudes that keep it 100 at all times. I don't know how anyone can hate either of these dudes but eh, it is what it is.

Acknowledgement of a double standard = hate? Nope.

Where's the double standard though? Dude hasn't ever done anything illegal that we know of or been accused of anything malicious unlike the Johnny Footballs and other players folks like to compare him with. Sounds like fishing for an issue to me...

Last edited:
Where's the double standard though? Dude hasn't ever done anything illegal that we know of or been accused of anything malicious unlike the Johnny Footballs and other players folks like to compare him with

I know it's hard to see with your Pats goggles on, maybe your fellow fan DSK can explain it to you.

:rolleyes

I've acknowledged a bunch of double standards in the media when I actually see them...

This gets brought up every other week in the offseason and it's the same exact discussion,nothing new is said.

Last edited:
Gronk can do whatever he wants because he's good. As soon as he stops being good, the media will turn on him and blame his struggles on his "extracurricular" activities.

Gronk can do whatever he wants because he's good. As soon as he stops being good, the media will turn on him and blame his struggles on his "extracurricular" activities.

Not sure what's so hard to understand about this :lol:. Also as long as he stays relatively quiet in terms of getting into trouble which he's done a good job of avoiding

Last edited:
Pretty on point way of describing his situation.

We're really knocking folks for enjoying their offseasons now? Once he starts letting that affect his on field performance during the season then that becomes a problem,same with if he starts messing up with the law but until that point,what's the argument against him really? "He has too much fun"? 
grin.gif

Last edited:
This is a classic case of sports fans expecting things from their athletes that they would never expect of themselves.

That's what you're assuming cause nobody said that at all. Just that there was a double standard. I don't care what any athlete does in the off-season or private time. That doesn't mean that the media doesn't cover ish differently for similar situations.

He's treated differently because there's like no ammo for them to use against him 
laugh.gif
. Maybe if he was a scrub but he's not and he's likeable,wouldn't make sense to go at his neck hard 

Last edited:
Gronk basically has already solidified himself as being a future HallOfFamer, has no priors or has got in trouble for substance abuse. He's teflon off that alone.

I think Mamba is saying that if Rob was Black especially unapologetically Black, he would be criticized for his party behavior instead of being celebrated for it regardless of how great of a player he is.

Last edited:
I think Mamba is saying that if Rob was Black especially unapologetically Black, he would be criticized for his party behavior instead of being celebrated for it regardless of how great of a player he is.

You have to factor in that Gronk has a spotless portfolio whereas Cam had the whole incident getting kicked out of UF, then "Scam Newton", and all the towel over his head moments in the league earlier in his career. People have been throwing stones at Cam for years.

I don't see it as a black & white thing in this particular case/comparison, they don't have any ammo for Gronk right now, not even a pissing in public ticket from his UofA days :lol:

All it takes is a few negative incidents to go down then the media will want his head on a spike, we've seen this movie far too many times not to know the outcome.

Last edited:
broncos might have to cut ware if he doesnt take a pay cut in order to keep some young dudes |I ware came like neil smith in the late 90s and took care of business. cruel business. i get it though. malik and danny need to get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom