OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, per Talib being offsides...
WBU0xbi.png

7auNMbj.png

JViHGMr.png

Sb4aRm8.png

cRJQ9jD.png

pwsJ6gp.png

Originally Posted by macbk  

The awkward exchange when the ref explains the Cotchery non-catch logic
Many Panthers fans felt like they got a raw deal. They won't feel any better after watching Inside the NFL with a mic'd up Ron Rivera and Clete Blakeman conversation where the Panthers coach is told by the official if the play had been ruled complete in the first place it wouldn't have been overturned to incomplete.

"There was not enough confirmation ..."

RR: "That's the problem with there's not enough confirmation, he had his hand under the ball."

CB: "We couldn't overturn it because ..."

RR: "Right -- if we had called it complete it'd stay complete right?"

CB: "Yes."
A final blow for the turrible year for the refs.
If any Panthers fans felt like they got a raw deal there, I'm sure this won't make them any happier...
laugh.gif

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/09/su...ver-and-family-attended-game-as-broncos-fans/
[h1]Super Bowl Replay Assistant Was From Denver and Family Attended Game as Broncos Fans[/h1]
replay.jpg

The wife of Super Bowl 50 replay assistant Jimmy Oldham attended the game as a Denver Broncos fan and posted video celebrating the outcome to her public Facebook page.

The NFL reported Oldham’s assignment on its website Jan. 27 and KUSA identifies him as a Denver-area resident.  The Lead Sports earlier today published photos of Jimmy Oldham’s wife in Broncos gear taken from her public Facebook page.

Mrs. Oldham also posted a video of the game’s final seconds with the caption “The moment we WON!”

A photo album posted on her account Sunday afternoon includes photos of Mrs. Oldham in a Broncos jersey posing with her husband. There are also photos of the replay assistant with referee Clete Blakeman and NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino.

The photo with Blandino appears to have been taken in the same vicinity as the others. Mrs. Oldham was wearing a Broncos jersey at the time.

When asked by The Big Lead about Mr. Oldham, the NFL released this statement: “The replay assistant has no input into replay decisions and is on-site to help facilitate communication between the referee and the Vice President of Officiating, Dean Blandino, who typically works from the league’s officiating room in New York. For the Super Bowl, Blandino was on-site at Levi’s Stadium working from the instant replay booth with the replay official, Charles Stewart, and was in direct communication with the referee during all replay reviews.”

The NFL declined to address questions about officiating assignments in relation to residency.

[...]
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Many Panthers fans felt like they got a raw deal. They won't feel any better after watching Inside the NFL with a mic'd up Ron Rivera and Clete Blakeman conversation where the Panthers coach is told by the official if the play had been ruled complete in the first place it wouldn't have been overturned to incomplete.

RR: "That's the problem with there's not enough confirmation, he had his hand under the ball."

If any Panthers fans felt like they got a raw deal there, I'm sure this won't make them any happier...:lol:

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/09/su...ver-and-family-attended-game-as-broncos-fans/

[h1]Super Bowl Replay Assistant Was From Denver and Family Attended Game as Broncos Fans[/h1]

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/replay.jpg?w=640[/QUOTE]

8o  
[/quote]

I think what's more egregious is that she had said "the moment [B]we[/B] WON"

Didn't look like a catch IMO.

That turf tho :x ....Can't link it since I don't have off-site link privileges but there's a clip of Oher getting slid back 5 yards by Ware like a Madden glitch. Son looks like he's on rollerblades. 

If any Panthers fans felt like they got a raw deal there, I'm sure this won't make them any happier...:lol:

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/replay.jpg?w=640[/QUOTE]

8o  
[/quote] 8o

Last edited:
I've said mad times that **** wasn't a catch. Don't see how some of you can say it was with the ball moving pretty much the whole time. My bigger issues with the refs were the BS taunting call on Denver early in the game, the offsides on the FG and there were a few grounding calls that should have been called on Cam but weren't.

It seems like for the NFL playoffs like this past seasons Super Bowl or last seasons Cowboys game, you'd favor on the side of catch, so there's no excuses.

No warrant for Shady until next week ..

He hired Kransner as his DA and Cogan as his co-counsel, given their track record, especially in Philly, I think Shady might walk away without doing jail time. Still very early into the investigation so things can always change once more information leaks.

:lol: :lol: still funny from that a's game

My wife was talking about the upcoming season recently and asked if i "still talk to the guys from the A's game."

I said yea him and showed her a picture of you standing with some cutie pie the other day.

Still funny indeed.

My wife was talking about the upcoming season recently and asked if i "still talk to the guys from the A's game."

I said yea him and showed her a picture of you standing with some cutie pie the other day.

Still funny indeed.

:lol: :lol:

Have to hit up an A's game this year

I've said mad times that **** wasn't a catch. Don't see how some of you can say it was with the ball moving pretty much the whole time. My bigger issues with the refs were the BS taunting call on Denver early in the game, the offsides on the FG and there were a few grounding calls that should have been called on Cam but weren't.

Because the ball didn't touch the ground duffy...

The ball movement you're referring to was dictated by the receiver.

just finished the first season of mr robot. pretty good.

who was knocking at the door at the end? :nerd:

also

whiterose playing both sides :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom