OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The awkward exchange when the ref explains the Cotchery non-catch logic

Many Panthers fans felt like they got a raw deal. They won't feel any better after watching Inside the NFL with a mic'd up Ron Rivera and Clete Blakeman conversation where the Panthers coach is told by the official if the play had been ruled complete in the first place it wouldn't have been overturned to incomplete.

"There was not enough confirmation ..."

RR: "That's the problem with there's not enough confirmation, he had his hand under the ball."

CB: "We couldn't overturn it because ..."

RR: "Right -- if we had called it complete it'd stay complete right?"

CB: "Yes."

A final blow for the turrible year for the refs.

Last edited:
oh what about Talib offsides on the fg Gano missed? flag clearly shouldve been thrown. 

refs missed some big calls but oh well. 

I said the same thing when they went to the replay booth, if the call on the field was a catch the play would've stood. Should've been a catch IMO but I said the same thing in regards to Calvin and Dez so what do I know :lol:

Call me crazy...I don't see how that WASN'T reversed and called a catch. Hand under, roll over, tip never touched IMO.

I said the same thing when they went to the replay booth, if the call on the field was a catch the play would've stood. Should've been a catch IMO but I said the same thing in regards to Calvin and Dez so what do I know
laugh.gif
with all the heat refs been catching.. I figured it was a save face move

they weren't taking any chances of anything controversial coming back to bite them when fans had the chance to go to HD images and all that jazz

looked like the ball touched imo.

I think that even if the ball never moves it shouldnt be allowed to touch the ground during the process of a catch.

I said the same thing when they went to the replay booth, if the call on the field was a catch the play would've stood. Should've been a catch IMO but I said the same thing in regards to Calvin and Dez so what do I know :lol:

with all the heat refs been catching.. I figured it was a save face move

they weren't taking any chances of anything controversial coming back to bite them when fans had the chance to go to HD images and all that jazz

True.

The current refs have been just as bad as the replacements a few years ago :smh:

After watching that play multiple times, it was a no catch imo.

Carolina did get away with a lot of holding and grounding tho.

The Cotchery catch was definitely complete, but that wouldn't have changed a damn thing as far as the outcome. Cam probably would have gotten sacked a couple more times and they'd be punting again.

I saw two times where Von Miller was clearly held and there was no call. I'm sure there were plenty of missed calls on both sides...just like every game.

There will always be controversial calls. I don‘t think it was a catch either as he didn‘t control the ball convincingly.

I do think that slow motion replays and frame by frame can sometimes lead to misinterpretation.

The Broncos definitely pulled away at the end when it mattered most.

If the NFL was smart they'd play one of the Cincy v Pitt games within those first three games. He is the main catalyst for the ugliness (not blaming him for everything since both sides lose their minds) and to reduce the shenanigans to one game would be smart

Last edited:
The Cotchery catch was definitely complete, but that wouldn't have changed a damn thing as far as the outcome. Cam probably would have gotten sacked a couple more times and they'd be punting again.
Catch wouldve def made a difference bc 2 plays later Von got a FF sack that ended in a TD. If that catch wouldve happen we would've been on the 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom