OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to find NHL games to watch despite it being my favorite sport because of where I live.
I also did not get to play hockey as a youth because Virginia.
My 10 year old cousin gets free trips to Sweden and Canada to get hockey lessons :stoneface: that could have been me

Yup I wanted to play hockey when I was young but we couldn't afford it so I had to play baseball and basketball. It wasn't til I was 13 that I was able to get a job and save to buy equipment but at that point you are playing with dudes who started at age 5.

@andydalton14: Rough start to the morning...

@andydalton14: anybody in DFW traveling from 75-635 towards the airport finds 2 black suitcases on the road please contact me. Fell out bed of our truck

@andydalton14: Still haven't found the bags but still believing they are out there... #bagsearch2016

Andy lost his bags :lol: :lol:

baseball got next
smokin.gif
Need more bat flips

edit: avy check. Almost that time 
smokin.gif
 To hopefully witness not another losing season 
tired.gif

Last edited:

@andydalton14: anybody in DFW traveling from 75-635 towards the airport finds 2 black suitcases on the road please contact me. Fell out bed of our truck

@andydalton14: Still haven't found the bags but still believing they are out there... #bagsearch2016

@KingKoopa to the rescue

Probably gonna find him sniffin' Andy's drawers.

It's gone missing like his playoff performances

I struggle to find NHL games to watch despite it being my favorite sport because of where I live.
I also did not get to play hockey as a youth because Virginia.
My 10 year old cousin gets free trips to Sweden and Canada to get hockey lessons :stoneface: that could have been me

Yup I wanted to play hockey when I was young but we couldn't afford it so I had to play baseball and basketball. It wasn't til I was 13 that I was able to get a job and save to buy equipment but at that point you are playing with dudes who started at age 5.

I wanted to play hockey as a kid too. Played soccer, basketball, baseball instead.

Football is next to God in the south. It dominates the week for 3 days. Friday night lights, college teams on saturdays, and NFL sundays. Basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, hockey etc can't compete with it. It's tamed violence, aggression and masculine. It's the typical "mans" game. 

Current NFL TV contracts:

FOX/CBS/NBC: $28 billion deal in total running through 2022.
ESPN: $15.2 billion deal running through 2021.
DirecTV: $12 billion deal running through 2022.
Thursday Night Football: $450 million annually (for now)

Also playing Football is less time intensive relative to other Sports like Basketball, Baseball, Hockey and Soccer.

Football you practice for like 3 hours during the season and lift. Receivers and Quarterbacks may get some extra passes in. Mainly Football is a Sport about toughness, intelligence and athletic ability.

Originally Posted by StillIn729  
I wanted to play hockey as a kid too. Played soccer, basketball, baseball instead.
So expensive I remember spending like a grand of my saved money on equipment

I wanted to be Eric Lindros
laugh.gif
Speaking of concussions...
mean.gif
frown.gif

I was in pure bliss when the Rangers traded for Lindros. My next fav. player after Gretzky. 

I didn't even know anything about hockey. I just loved going to the skating rink as a kid. Thought about joining a adult league but the initial cost always been a factor.

Guys in the hockey thread can hook you up with good deals on equipment for that level

Playing goalie...:x

Darn near made me broke at times :lol:

Peeing on a jelly fish or Portuguese man o war sting is supposed to help, at least that was what I was lead to believe as a kid. Glad I never had to find out. :lol:

Thinking the NFL will disappear is foolish to me

The quality of the product might change but it'll still be as big as big gets
It most likely won't disappear but it'll probably be quite a bit different from the way it is right now at its peak. I can't see it getting much bigger than it already is.
The question is...

Can anybody see Toronto getting an NFL team?  Or any overseas country getting an NFL team?  Maybe both? 

Last edited:

[QUOTE name="StillIn729" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/629840/official-nfl-discussion-thread-2015-16-season-congrats-to-the-denver-broncos-and-their-fans-sb-50-champions/99540_20#post_25161023[/URL]"]

It most likely won't disappear but it'll probably be quite a bit different from the way it is right now at its peak. I can't see it getting much bigger than it already is.

The question is...

Can anybody see Toronto getting a NFL team?  Or any overseas country getting an NFL team?  Maybe both? 
[/quote]

How Toronto or other Canadian cities aren't in front of London on any expansion plans blows my mind :lol:. The logistics would be so much easier on top of being much cheaper.

Last edited:

[QUOTE name="StillIn729" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/629840/official-nfl-discussion-thread-2015-16-season-congrats-to-the-denver-broncos-and-their-fans-sb-50-champions/99540_20#post_25161023[/URL]"]

The question is...

Can anybody see Toronto getting a NFL team?  Or any overseas country getting an NFL team?  Maybe both? 

How Toronto or other Canadian cities aren't in front of London on any expansion plans blows my mind :lol:. The logistics would be so much easier on top of being much cheaper.[/quote]

They need a new stadium and Buffalo is close.

Don't know why but I have a feeling that a new stadium in/around Toronto might be cheaper than a long term Wembley stadium lease :lol:. Unless they can share a stadium with one of the local soccer clubs which I can't really see but $ talks :lol:

Last edited:
How Toronto or other Canadian cities aren't in front of London on any expansion plans blows my mind
laugh.gif
. The logistics would be so much easier on top of being much cheaper.
  So true. I'm still not sure about London though...

I would like for it to happen for obvious reasons but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom