OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Panthers as a whole didn't do enough in all three phases of the game, but Cam took a way a potential chance to keep a drive going and take the lead by fretting from potential injury.

:stoneface:

We got our *** kicked, no way around it. Cam didn't lose that game for the Carolina Panthers. The panthers lost that game.

jim-burt-ko-s-joe-montana-o.gif

I hope you dudes aren't comparing the amount of impact Joe Montana took over the course of his career to that of Beastmode. It's not even close :lol:

Of course Joe got hit hard at times, even kickers get hit.

Lynch literally initiated head first trauma thousands of times.

I believe hits that you dont know are coming can be worse than hits you do know are coming.

Word to Harry Houdini.

The Panthers as a whole didn't do enough in all three phases of the game, but Cam took a way a potential chance to keep a drive going and take the lead by fretting from potential injury.

:stoneface:

We got our *** kicked, no way around it. Cam didn't lose that game for the Carolina Panthers. The panthers lost that game.

:lol: I agree with you dude (and I clearly said that in the beginning of that post). I was just pinpointing the Cam/fumble debate a bit further.

Cam stealing quotes
mean.gif
I thought the point of that comparison was about Lombardi being a revered figure and once uttered that same phrase, yet Cam is scolded for it...? I could be wrong, but that's how I took it.

And yeah, that quote's been passed down through the years so it might be hard to cite. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Johnny Acting like the old TimidTebow

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel

NFL Network's Mike Silver said the Browns lied about Johnny Manziel being in the concussion protocol Week 17.

"Johnny Manziel, going into what would have been a start late in the season, showed up drunk at practice on a Wednesday," Silver reported. "The Browns lied and said he was in the concussion protocol." The Browns have already decided to move on from Manziel, but this report could lead to serious discipline for the organization if true. The Browns have denied the report. Manziel is currently under investigation for allegedly beating his ex-girlfriend in January. Feb 9 - 12:53 PM

It was to both of you and a general opinion.

To me :lol:.

Please, I'd never go there as a serious rebuttal.

Son's M.O. the entire exchange was "how long you been watching", "how long have you been posting in here".

That's the crux of his counterargument.

Simply beating him at his own game, now he knows how silly he sounds.

:lol: You're dense dude.

Again you can put Cam's play (or lack of play) on the ball during that fumble in a vacuum and scapegoat him.

Or you can look at the entire play, the entire game really and see how culpable the Panthers offensive line was.

The Panthers play-calling didn't help for that matter either. J-Stew was obviously banged up but it wasn't like they couldn't run it with Whittaker. Their insistence to live & die with Cam (who threw the ball 41) times in a close game against a secondary that wasn't giving up much hurt as well.

You need to get your critical thinking skills up and really think about all the different parts of a team that win or lose a game. Nobody is saying that QB isn't the single most important position, I'm simply saying that the culpability doesn't squarely fall on Cam, especially not on that play.

So until you can understand these things, you're in no position to be handing others Ls kiddo.

You fail to realize I NEVER said the line wasn't at fault. Once that ball was loose he had the opportunity to recover and chose not to. That's the moment of the game I'm talking about. You keep going to these other players when they have NOTHING to do with the effort Cam gave to recover that fumble. Why is that so hard to understand?

It was to both of you and a general opinion.

Saying I only watch playoffs isn't a opinion when I've been present since week 1. Whole thread knows that's not true. A person comes into this thread and claims I only watch playoffs. A thread that I've been active in every week. He's the one throwing out BS in a weak attempt to clown. I checked him on it. It'll be like me going into the Fantasy Football thread and trying to claim he only watched playoffs when I have 0 knowledge of his history.

Guys are taking me way to serious today

If you actually thought I was behng critical of Cam :rofl:

You fail to realize I NEVER said the line wasn't at fault. Once that ball was loose he had the opportunity to recover and chose not to. That's the moment of the game I'm talking about. You keep going to these other players when they have NOTHING to do with the effort Cam gave to recover that fumble. Why is that so hard to understand?

Saying I only watch playoffs isn't a opinion when I've been present since week 1. Whole thread knows that's not true. A person comes into this thread and claims I only watch playoffs. A thread that I've been active in every week. He's the one throwing out BS in a weak attempt to clown. I checked him on it. It'll be like me going into the Fantasy Football thread and trying to claim he only watched playoffs when I have 0 knowledge of his history.

I don't care what you think to be honest dude. You quoted me while I was making a general statement about the banter in here. Folks in GENERAL were ignoring the fact that Remmers was completely blown post by Von Miller on that play.

That's been my entire point. Everyone wants to talk about Cam but Remmers gets zero consideration in the matter. NEVER MIND the fact that he BARELY made the team in the off-season, if not for a strong camp he wouldn't even be here.

IDK how difficult it is for you to grasp the idea that if not for Remmers, the fumble wouldn't even be a point of contention.

Again, I don't really care how long you've been watching. You came at me sideways from the jump. Now you're crying about how long you've been posting in here and frankly I don't really give a damn. See how juvenile your original retort sounds now?

How's that medicine taste?

To me :lol:.

Please, I'd never go there as a serious rebuttal.

Son's M.O. the entire exchange was "how long you been watching", "how long have you been posting in here".

That's the crux of his counterargument.

Simply beating him at his own game, now he knows how silly he sounds.

Dude you said everyone is getting on Cam. Of course they are. He's the QB and MVP. Your acting shocked that the QB is getting so much attention. That's common place for the position. If you don't know that then yes, me asking how long you've been watching is a legit question.

I read your last post and you can't debate. You refuse to accept the fact that I'm not letting that lineman off the hook. I've said that repeatedly. You simply refuse and continue to ignore Cam gave little effort to recover that fumble. Your debating something totally different in a weak attempt to be right. YES THE LINEMAN WAS AT FAULT. THAT DOESNT EXCUSE CAMS LACK OF EFFORT AFTER THE FACT.

Last edited:
sb sb

Franc my dude, congrats!

Great to see Peyton go out like this. He deserved it.

That's my quarterback. :frown: (TO Voice)

thanks papi :nthat:

This dude Eli said he was in deep thought right after the TD as to whether Denver should be kick the XP or go for 2 :rolleyes :lol: .

good guy eli :smokin

This is a direct quote from ProFootballTalk

“I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was — it could have been [contorted] in a way,” Newton said. “OK, you say my effort. I didn’t dive down. I fumbled. That’s fine. But we didn’t lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.”
Eh, I mean he might be trying to say that there wasn't a physical way for him to dive on the ball from that position.

what if the panthers were up :nerd: im sure he would of found a way to dive for it :nerd:

The majority narrative is the narrative.

Sports are bottom line. Winning and losing.

As the years go on, people don't have time to remember recievers dropping passes and people missing blocks. They are going to remember Cam Newton going 18-46, 3 turnovers and a 14 point loss.

It sucks but that's just way people will reference this Super Bowl.

Last edited:
No it isn't. You're sheep like everyone else who allows the media to push narratives down viewer's throats.

People who actually watch offensive line play and play progression instead of JUST the QB know better than to pile onto just the QB.

Your whole argument is because the lineman got beat Cam has no reason to go after the fumble. By your logic the lineman isn't to blame. How about the coaches who had him in that spot? Your blaming everyone else to resolve Cam from any criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom