OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your whole argument is because the lineman got beat Cam has no reason to go after the fumble. By your logic the lineman isn't to blame. How about the coaches who had him in that spot? Your blaming everyone else to resolve Cam from any criticism.

No, it isn't. I even said Cam made the wrong decision.

It's easy to put that play in a vacuum sitting at your keyboard now, but in real time, Cam had but a split second to make a decision. He obviously made the wrong decision. That said, it wouldn't even be an issue now had Remmers did his job.

Not absolving Cam from blame at all. I'm simply saying that there are others that are equally as culpable, if not more on THAT play.

Last edited:
Guys are taking me way to serious today

If you actually thought I was behng critical of Cam :rofl:
People gotta chill :lol:
Can't lie, I've been on 10 since Sunday night. Still ain't fully talking to my girl.

I was pretty upset until last night. Can't let the Cam slander get to me anymore doe. Some of these Cam haters came out the rafters like Sting, haven't seen them all season post such trash :rolleyes

Some of y'all have HAD IT. :lol:

I've had it. I've defended Cam all season. He played bad on Sunday as did his team. Cam has suddenly become a player who can't be criticized. If your white and say something your automatically a racist. If your anything else your a hater. Cam isn't some God who's immune to criticism like folks would have you believe.

I don't think anyone is saying he is immune to criticism. The only thing that can be criticized in my eyes is the fumble play everything else is just noise and doesn't matter.

I don't think anyone is saying he is immune to criticism. The only thing that can be criticized in my eyes is the fumble play everything else is just noise and doesn't matter.

An that's all I'm being critical of today. His effort on that play. I'm being bombarded with what the lineman did before the fact. As if calling out Cams effort somehow lets the lineman off the hook.

Last edited:
I've had it. I've defended Cam all season. He played bad on Sunday as did his team. Cam has suddenly become a player who can't be criticized. If your white and say something your automatically a racist. If your anything else your a hater. Cam isn't some God who's immune to criticism like folks would have you believe.

WHAT?

He's been getting undue criticism from the moment he stepped foot on the NFL gridiron.

Talmbout immune. :rofl:

If anything people are beyond tired of Cam always being the NFL's whipping boy (no, no racial connotation intended with the term whipping boy).

Though if we're going to touch on the topic of race, Cam has been subject to repeated racial epithets on social media. You don't see Tom Brady getting called a thug or being called racial slurs because he decided to cuss out his coordinators and teammates.

You didn't see Bill Belichick receive nearly this level of vitriol for leaving the game in 2008 against the Giants in XLII with a second left on the game clock w/o shaking anyones hand.

You don't see those things. Again, Cam was going to be subject to character assassination whether or not he won and whether or not he conducted himself differently during the post game interview. That's not to say all his detractors are racist, but many of them are. Don't downplay that and don't downplay the fact that there's clearly a double standard when it comes to Cam Newton and certain black athletes in general.

End of discussion.

Last edited:
Again no one is saying he can't be criticized its just some of the stuff people are criticizing (like the press conference) is stupid 
laugh.gif

although there hasn't been much press conference talk today fortunately.

Last edited:
WHAT?

He's been getting undue criticism from the moment he stepped foot on the NFL gridiron.

Talmbout immune. :rofl:

If anything people are beyond tired of Cam always being the NFL's whipping boy (no, no racial connotation intended with the term whipping boy).

Though if we're going to touch on the topic of race, Cam has been subject to repeated racial epithets on social media. You don't see Tom Brady getting called a thug or being called racial slurs because he decided to cuss out his coordinators and teammates.

You didn't see Bill Belichick receive nearly this level of vitriol for leaving the game in 2008 against the Giants in XLII with a second left on the game clock w/o shaking anyones hand.

You don't see those things. Again, Cam was going to be subject to character assassination whether or not he won and whether or not he conducted himself differently during the post game interview. That's not to say all his detractors are racist, but many of them are. Don't downplay that and don't downplay the fact that there's clearly a double standard when it comes to Cam Newton and certain black athletes in general.

End of discussion.

Just stop it bro. You have no idea who I am or my thoughts on race and Cam in general. Ask the other members of this thread about my thoughts on these topics and get caught up. You totally missed the point. It's because of the constant barrage of things Cam has dealt with that people come to his defense in such a way. Yes he takes more criticism then most if not all. That doesn't mean he can't be criticized when he gives a lack of effort. That was my point.

Lets just stop second guessing and disclose our race, sex, social status, income, religion, political beliefs etc and get it over with.

Just stop it bro. You have no idea who I am or my thoughts on race and Cam in general. Ask the other members of this thread about my thoughts on these topics and get caught up. You totally missed the point. It's because of the constant barrage of things Cam has dealt with that people come to his defense in such a way. Yes he takes more criticism then most if not all. That doesn't mean he can't be criticized when he gives a lack of effort. That was my point.

You keep running around yelling for a cosign.

"ask the members of the thread".

Nobody cosigning you homie. You're downplaying the fact that Cam has been catching vitriol and criticism since he's been in the league. When other people in this league, be it players or coaches or even OWNERS, conduct themselves in a manner that isn't endearing, they don't encounter the same level of vitriol.

Nobody is saying Cam isn't deserving of criticism. At least I'm certainly not. The crux of my entire argument is "why isn't anyone else receiving any blame?".

For some reason, you can't comprehend that. Here we are spinning our tires as a result. If you don't think anyone else is deserving of any blame, fine. Say that. Or else just deal with my opinion w/o making foolish conclusions on my level of viewership.

You keep running around yelling for a cosign.

Nobody cosigning you homie. You're downplaying the fact that Cam has been catching vitriol and criticism since he's been in the league. When other people in this league, be it players or coaches or even OWNERS, conduct themselves in a manner that isn't endearing, they don't encounter the same level of vitriol.

Nobody is saying Cam isn't deserving of criticism. At least I'm certainly not. The crux of my entire argument is "why isn't anyone else receiving any blame?".

For some reason, you can't comprehend that. Here we are spinning our tires as a result. If you don't think anyone else is deserving of any blame, fine. Say that. Or else just deal with my opinion w/o making foolish conclusions on my level of viewership.

You just proved why me asking how long you watch is valid. You actually can't understand why a no name lineman isn't getting as much blame as a MVP Superstar QB?

Your trying to question my lack of seeing the racial issues invoked with Cam? ME of all people? Do this then since no one will "co sign". Go back and look at my post history before you start throwing around your BS about my lack of knowing what Cam has dealt with. You couldn't be more loud and wrong.

Last edited:

Jesus Christ, man.

laugh.gif
mean.gif

It never stops.

You just proved why me asking how long you watch is valid. You actually can't understand why a no name lineman isn't getting as much blame as a MVP Superstar QB?

Your trying to question my lack of seeing the racial issues invoked with Cam? ME of all people? Do this then since no one will "co sign". Go back and look at my post history before you start throwing around your BS about my lack of what Cam has dealt with. You couldn't be more loud and wrong.

:rofl: Just as I thought. You're a casual viewer. Doesn't matter how many posts you got in this thread, you're unable to think critically about this and you'll never be able to watch the game from more than a layman's perspective.

Continue getting swept up in media narratives and rhetoric and keep missing the real issues son.

Not going to continue spinning tires with you kid, some folks never learn and you're one of 'em.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom