OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost respect for Cam. He didn't dive on the ball because he didn't want to risk injury? SOFFFFFT B. Not willing to put it on the line for the SB. RG3 as a rookie put it all on the line in round 1 of the playoffs. Everything Cam as a QB gained this season IMO was lost when he said that. All the teammates that were hurt in route to getting to the SB and he really said that? Ha ha ha

I agree he shoulda went hard after the ball but I can kinda see where he's coming from. Dalton's broken arm trying to make a tackle probably cost them at least a trip to the AFC Championship. Take Cam off that team and the Panthers probably win 5-6 games this year. Cam goes after that ball and gets a concussion or a shoulder the game is definitely over. Like I said 99% of us woulda stuck our head in there in the Super Bowl, but he didn't. We'll see if he regrets that decision

He basically said it was a business decision and admitted he was a sore loser. I can respect that.

Man I need a link. If dude puts that on the record he's going to lose the locker room forever.

This is a direct quote from ProFootballTalk

“I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was — it could have been [contorted] in a way,” Newton said. “OK, you say my effort. I didn’t dive down. I fumbled. That’s fine. But we didn’t lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.”

Ya'll still talmbout that fumble?

Listen, if Mike Remmers' punkass (#74) did his ******* job we wouldn't be talking about this.

The Panthers offensive line got tossed around like a bunch of ******* by Von Miller & Co.

The onus is on them for not keeping the pocket clean in crunch-time.

This is a direct quote from ProFootballTalk

“I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was — it could have been [contorted] in a way,” Newton said. “OK, you say my effort. I didn’t dive down. I fumbled. That’s fine. But we didn’t lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.”
Eh, I mean he might be trying to say that there wasn't a physical way for him to dive on the ball from that position.

Nothing funnier than Joe Schmo going "oh I lost respect for_____ "

yea I'm sure that's gonna keep him up at night.

Y'all can defend dude all you want. The ball was right there to be dove on. He made no attempt. End of story. There's no excuse for that. Especially being the biggest most physical QB in the league. So what the line was getting blown up. He still has to perform and do his job in spite of that. It's the NFL and lines get blown up every week. You can't fold every time pressure is on. Brady was getting killed and stood tall almost winning that game vs Denver. Cam quit because of that same pressure.

I don't give a damn if he's up or not. It's my opinion and I'm allowed to give it. I lost respect for him off that play and his comments after.

Last edited:
There are many potential reasons not to make that dive in the moment.  He may have thought that the ball was going to bounce backwards (footballs are unpredictable) or something.  I'm not going to armchair quarterback in hindsight on that one.  

I don't think we need to reach to paint some grand narrative about Cam Newton giving up just because he lost to a great defense in the SB and played poorly.  

Ya'll still talmbout that fumble?

Listen, if Mike Remmers' punkass (#74) did his ******* job we wouldn't be talking about this.

The Panthers offensive line got tossed around like a bunch of ******* by Von Miller & Co.

The onus is on them for not keeping the pocket clean in crunch-time.

Broncos players said they (panthers) didn't change anything. They studied the tape and they ran the same exact thing. This falls on the coaches too. Maybe have shorter routes, keep blockers in etc. Don't think anyone was stopping that pass rush though, they were on a tear this playoff run.

Last edited by a moderator:

I doubt any of our comments keep any athlete up at night. Though to be fair their comments and actions don't keep me up either

Broncos players said they (panthers) didn't change anything. They studied the tape and they ran the same exact thing. This falls on the coaches too. Maybe have shorter routes, keep blockers in.

Yep. Definitely. Everyone is piling onto Cam, but they lost as a team.

Dudes really defending Cam quiting on his team :lol:
And yall say hes not a me first type of player

Last edited:
I doubt any of our comments keep any athlete up at night. Though to be fair their comments and actions don't keep me up either

Speak for yourself.

I still wake up screaming thinking about all the fielding miscues by my Mets in the World series

:smh: :frown:

Last edited:
There are many potential reasons not to make that dive in the moment.  He may have thought that the ball was going to bounce backwards (footballs are unpredictable) or something.  I'm not going to armchair quarterback in hindsight on that one.  

I don't think we need to reach to paint some grand narrative about Cam Newton giving up just because he lost to a great defense in the SB and played poorly.  
Athletes are taught to react. He clearly thought more about himself than putting it on the line to give his team any possible chance they could have.

I'm not hating on him. Football is a violent game in which people get hurt especially around the line of scrimmage. He did him. Team be damned.

y'all reallly wildin if you think cam quit on his team. The hot takes man. 
laugh.gif

FOH. Every time someone offers a different opinion some jackass goes to the "how long have you watched insert sport here" retort.

I've been watching football longer before you were a tadpole in your pop's sack.

Football is a team sport, period. The offensive line is just as culpable here. Absolutely no excuse to allow Von Miller to strip Cam twice.

So your not gonna admit QB gets more credit and blame then any position in the league? Cool. You don't watch football.

I never said it wasn't a team game. However I'm not gonna give him a pass because of pressure on that play. He had a play on the ball. EVERYONE WITH EYES SAW THAT. He CHOSE not to make that play because HE didn't want to get hurt. You say it's a team game and are defending the guy that made a ME decision. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
FOH. Every time someone offers a different opinion some jackass goes to the "how long have you watched insert sport here" retort.

I've been watching football longer before you were a tadpole in your pop's sack.

Football is a team sport, period. The offensive line is just as culpable here. Absolutely no excuse to allow Von Miller to strip Cam twice.

So your not gonna admit QB get more credit and blame them any position in the league? Cool. You don't watch football.

I never said it wasn't a team game. However I'm not gonna give him a pass because of pressure on that play. He had a play on the ball. EVERYONE WITH EYES SAW THAT. He CHOSE not to make that play because HE didn't want to get hurt. You say it's a team game and are defending the guy that made a ME decision. Ha ha ha

That fact that Cam outright said he made the decision not to... I can't see how people ARE defending his decision.

Not to say the loss was solely on him, because it sure as hell wasn't, but that one play/comments in hindsight let down 52 other guys and an entire coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom