OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
These aren't my sentiments. :lol:

I love Cam. Where I stand is all on NT. I've been with him from the start. I also hated how he sulked on the sidelines when things didn't go his way his first few seasons. Don't play that race ******** with me.

You are in support of those sentiments correct? , so you or anybody else with these sentiments point me to all the leaders and charismatic figures that have their usual charisma and flare a few minutes after losing in the SB... Tom Brady is my favorite QB, obviously i saw him after losing a SB... not quite the smiles and ball spiking he's does when winning. Many QB's have done this and none of them were called out as not being a leader or a crybaby... why is this the case with cam.... what is it about cam thats different... i just want to know

YOU mentioned race when talking about this situation... & categorized people questioning middle america's harsh criticism of Cam Newton as trash

Cam would have loved answering those dumb questions had he won the game though :lol:

THIS. If the questions are dumb and its F the media then be that way while winning too.

No franchise is clean with players who haven't acted poor after a loss. However I'm not gonna qualify my responses by naming all the times others have. Cam is the topic of today. Not the 81 Yankees or in my case past Washington teams.

I don't remember the Red Rocket catching as much flack for his press conference after last year's annual playoff L

Last edited:
You have got to be kidding me :lol:
Do you watch football year round or just the SB?

I watch it enough and can observe how athletes react different to media in all sports based on circumstances. But unless you have an alternate reality where CAR won yesterday there's no way for you to know how he would have reacted.

Was just browsing Campbell's wiki, and the Sporting News (in '99) ranked him #33 out of the 100 best football players of all time.

Just to put things in perspective. Again, it was a different league when he played. It's no disrespect to Lynch, because he's damn good...but there are better RBs who played in the same era as him.

Hall of Very Good - yup.

Hall of Fame - nope.

If anything it's a less run-centric league, much more pass-centric. He just so happens to be playing in an era that in spite of that shift, RBs continue to enjoy remarkable years.

Teams are more timeshare oriented, often employing RBBC. He's been one of the few that is a true bell-cow. Had he played in the past, I think people would probably hold him with higher regard.

Last edited:
I mean, who wouldn't be happy answering questions following a SB win? :lol:

Aqib Talib was on something else after the game :lol: You think he would have told his wife she looked gorgeous during the middle of an interview if they had lost?

Brady been crying, throwing tantrums, and yelling at refs like Draymond Green for years, but it's looked at as being funny and people shrug it off. Cam sulks and is devastated after a major loss and it's "the nerve of this immature scum, this thief should be grateful he's in the NFL and not prison" :rofl: :x

Brady been crying, throwing tantrums, and yelling at refs like Draymond Green for years, but it's looked at as being funny and people shrug it off. Cam sulks and is devastated after a major loss and it's "the nerve of this immature scum, this thief should be grateful he's in the NFL and not prison" :rofl: :x

The only people defending Brady on here is Patriots fans though :lol:

Corey Dillon was good but I dont remember using terms like elite or best running back in the NFL when they described him unlike Marshawn Lynch.

Remember Marshawn Lynch is reason why Russell Wilson is any good. I dont remember people describing Corey Dillon that way in regards to Tom Brady, Jeff Blake or Carson Palmer.

This, this & um, yeah....This.

These aren't my sentiments. :lol:

I love Cam. Where I stand is all on NT. I've been with him from the start. I also hated how he sulked on the sidelines when things didn't go his way his first few seasons. Don't play that race ******** with me.

You are in support of those sentiments correct? , so you or anybody else with these sentiments point me to all the leaders and charismatic figures that have their usual charisma and flare a few minutes after losing in the SB... Tom Brady is my favorite QB, obviously i saw him after losing a SB... not quite the smiles and ball spiking he's does when winning. Many QB's have done this and none of them were called out as not being a leader or a crybaby... why is this the case with cam.... what is it about cam thats different... i just want to know

YOU mentioned race when talking about this situation... & categorized people questioning middle america's harsh criticism of Cam Newton as trash

I don't support sentiments. I simply see where people can be coming from.

Did you read what I posted even? It's not just the reaction after a loss. Nobody likes to lose and being upset is very much expected, but nobody points out their success quite like Cam. I feel like I need to re-iterate to you here, that I personally do not care and I do enjoy it. However, It's what he created for himself. People are turned away from someone, especially one who is a leader, that is so boisterious when winning (and during) and says the right things, yet in defeat, suddenly standing tall and being gracious no longer applies because, well, things "didn't go my way." It's the perception.

Corey Dillon was good but I dont remember using terms like elite or best running back in the NFL when they described him unlike Marshawn Lynch.

Remember Marshawn Lynch is reason why Russell Wilson is any good. I dont remember people describing Corey Dillon that way in regards to Tom Brady, Jeff Blake or Carson Palmer.
I wasn't being all that serious with that sentiment 
laugh.gif
. Liked him but yea although his #'s are elite,he's not really HOF worthy

Brady been crying, throwing tantrums, and yelling at refs like Draymond Green for years, but it's looked at as being funny and people shrug it off. Cam sulks and is devastated after a major loss and it's "the nerve of this immature scum, this thief should be grateful he's in the NFL and not prison" 
roll.gif

sick.gif
The only people defending Brady on here is Patriots fans though 
laugh.gif
He even gets called out for that by a good amount though 
laugh.gif
,especially with the refs. I'll let the narratives cook though

Last edited:
Whole gang of cats in here acting like their teams have a squeaky clean history of sportsmanship.

QFT!

Got dudes in here who competitively never made it any further than their community college intramural team talking about they know what it's like to lose a Super Bowl :smh:

Last edited:
It's funny though. had Cam won the vitriol would've been just as bad. Had he shown up to the press-conference wearing a full Versace fit, lord the N bombs would've been flying on twitter and facebook.

For those that aren't racist, this applies too. If he would've shown up on one after the W, you'd still hate him for being so flamboyant. Had he been up a few scores before the timer read quadruple 0s, he'd have been dabbin' all over the place and you'd all be sick over it.

No matter what Cam does he's not going to endear himself to those who dislike him.

Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom