OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
whattttt?!?

the NFL is a joke

:lol:

where's all the Goodell backers from this summer?! show yourselves. this is your NFL, folks :lol:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa,. Don't let your fandom blind you..

Goodell been a joke.. Just so happens the pats been cheaters too

i was half kidding. but now that you bring up being blinded, only people being blinded were the pats haters. thinking 4 games was appropriate for probable cause on deflated ******* footballs :lol:

meanwhile, women beaters and dudes trying to end careers are getting 1 or 2 games (or 0 games) :lol:

Last edited:
apparently panthers players might be punished now
nerd.gif
As in...fines?

If so, what's the big deal?

I actually like Odell's suspension being overturned.

Good for him.
this is like the most rational posting about a topic i've seen from you

they shoulda both been suspended, but there was obv something there that made people feel like his behavior was warranted

nfl needs to create a plan and stick to it though. define a catch, define behavior worthy of suspension, and a whole lot of other things that cannot remain ambiguous for the sake of the game

apparently panthers players might be punished now :nerd:

What a joke

yelling homophobic slurs and pointing a bat at somebody shouldn't be punishable?

the slurs are supposed to be flagged, but not fined. i thought, at least. not saying that's good or right...but that's the rule i thought.

tons of things get flagged and fined
ODB will get his fine and the Panthers will as well, not a single person should have an issue with this

Bob Glauber
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@BobGlauber

Giants P Brad Wing said Panthers player not in uniform came up to Odell Beckham in pregame warmups holding a baseball bat.

Ralph Vacchiano
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@RVacchianoNYDN

Giants P Brad Wing said bat-wielding Panther threatened Odell Beckham saying "I'll be the reason you don't play today ... And other days."

Ralph Vacchiano
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@RVacchianoNYDN

Wing said he doesn't remember hearing any homophobic slurs. He said Beckham was definitely shaken by the pre game encounter.

Ralph Vacchiano
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@RVacchianoNYDN

Wing characterized it as "a legitimate threat" that started when Beckham offered his hand and the bat-wielding Panther refused to shake it.

Bob Glauber
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@BobGlauber

Brad Wing said Odell Beckham Jr. has told him he (Beckham) has been subjected to homophobic comments from opponents this season.

Ralph Vacchiano
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@RVacchianoNYDN

Wing, who was the closest player to the incident said NO ONE has asked for his eye-witness account until reporters did today.

Ralph Vacchiano
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@RVacchianoNYDN

Brad Wing, Josh Brown, Jerome Cunningham were 3 closest Giants to pregame incident. None heard any homophobic slurs from anyone.

Jeff Darlington
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@JeffDarlington

Marcus Ball on Wing's allegations he'd end Odell's career: "If I had a dollar for all ex girlfriends that had false allegations about me..."

What a joke

yelling homophobic slurs and pointing a bat at somebody shouldn't be punishable?

the slurs are supposed to be flagged, but not fined. i thought, at least. not saying that's good or right...but that's the rule i thought.

ODB will get his fine and the Panthers will as well, not a single person should have an issue with this

my question was more, are they fining panthers players based on what Odell said in his appeal? that would be odd without actual proof of what happened. or was the plan to fine them all along?

personally, they both deserved to be fined/punished. i'm just wondering how or when the NFL decided to nail the panthers' guys

What a joke

my question was more, are they fining panthers players based on what Odell said in his appeal? that would be odd without actual proof of what happened. or was the plan to fine them all along?

personally, they both deserved to be fined/punished. i'm just wondering how or when the NFL decided to nail the panthers' guys

Well apparently it was all caught on NFL films, so my guess would be that's where they got their facts from

all this snitching from the NYG now.... :lol:

yea bc a practice player is gonna attack one of the most popular players in the league before a national tv game. stop it 

This is beyond annoying. I don't even care about this, yet now we gotta hear another Costas soliloquy during halftime and less focus will be paid on the actual game during the broadcast as a whole. Ridiculous what this stuff turns into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom