OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk is a man child.. at the combine he came in over 6'6, 258 lbs and ran a 4.6 forty..

Only guy I can think of that had the size of gronk that was used as a pass catcher was Kyle Brady

Dealing with a whole different beast when trying to make comparisons
eek.gif
... don't mention that name around us Jets fans.... 
tired.gif

Foam what did Skip say now?

[thread="629840"]Quote:[/thread]
Gronk is a man child.. at the combine he came in over 6'6, 258 lbs and ran a 4.6 forty..

Only guy I can think of that had the size of gronk that was used as a pass catcher was Kyle Brady

Dealing with a whole different beast when trying to make comparisons
:wow: ... don't mention that name around us Jets fans.... |I

1st round pick in '95 :lol: :smh: .

I figured this was going around all the time and looks like there's finally confirmation...
Odell Beckham Jr. was not only subjected to gay slurs last week by the Carolina Panthers, he’s been dealing with them every week.

Michael Irvin, the Cowboys Hall of Fame receiver, was about to get on a flight leaving New York on Tuesday afternoon and was speaking on his cell phone to Beckham for the third time in three days since the great OBJ meltdown.

Irvin said Beckham told him the Panthers were trash-talking at him with gay slurs and before the game taunted him with a baseball bat. Apparently, the gay slurs directed by NFL players at Beckham are not new.

Beckham informed The Playmaker he has been “dealing with it every week,” Irvin told the Daily News.

“He deals with it a lot. For some reason, everybody goes after him with gay slurs. He’s a different kind of dude. He has the hairdo out, he’s not the big muscular kind of dude. The ladies all love him. He’s a star. I wonder why people are going in that direction. It blows my mind. I told him he can’t let stuff that people say get to you,” Irvin said.

Beckham has become a lightning rod in the NFL. He puts on a spectacular pregame show with his one-handed catches, he has posted numbers that if he keeps it up will make him an all-time player, but he also celebrates touchdowns like he’s performing in a Broadway show.

Every score is a moment.

“I don’t think I’ve ever really seen the animosity towards a receiver ever in the league right now what’s going towards this young kid,” Irvin said.

[...]

Irvin, the Cowboys Hall of Fame wideout, has become a big brother to some of the extremely talented young receivers in the NFL. He has that kind of relationship with Dez Bryant. He has it with Beckham, too, and speaks to him every day.

The topic this week, of course, has been Beckham’s behavior against the Panthers.

“He’s contrite about it,” Irvin said. “He can’t believe that it’s pretty one-sided. The attacks are pretty one-sided. He feels so bad this is happening. He also feels like he’s been targeted. I think a lot of players are so upset that he’s getting so much press, so much exposure, without winning.”

Beckham was suspended for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Norman in the third quarter of the Giants’ 38-35 loss to the Panthers. Before the game, Beckham told Irvin that one of the Panthers “pointed the bat at him.”

“He was at midfield with that bat, like they were going to swing the bat on you,” Irvin said. “You can’t lose your cool. He was just telling me they did have the bat and they were pointing the bat at him and saying, ‘Oh yeah, we’re about to swing for it.’”

[...]

“He certainly is flashy and he has fun doing what he does,” Irvin said. “Think about this: He’s the Steph Curry right now of the NFL. People come just to watch his warmups. The one-handed catch warmups and all that stuff. It’s crazy. We’ve never seen anything like that.”

Irvin is attempting to advise Beckham through the most turbulent period of his two-year career. He’s told him he’s not playing in Baton Rouge anymore, He’s not playing in Carolina. He’s playing in New York, where everything is bigger.

“The more you react, the more people will try to rattle you,” he said. “It’s just what they are going to do. Then I give him the old doctor’s remedy. They give you medicine and ask if you had an allergic reaction or did you respond well. Respond to it on the football field with catches and touchdowns. Do what you do and that’s how you beat all of it. The couple of balls he dropped, he had Josh Norman beat both times. I can imagine there is frustration on Josh’s part. He had never been run by like this before. Josh Norman gets into fights with everybody. Every receiver he plays against, he gets into fights.”
A lot of stuff to digest here.

I feel like players who catch wind of this will go even harder at him.

He really is on his way to becoming the most polarizing player in the league.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but you can't do what he does and not expect some of the older dudes to call him gay slurs. He's asking for it with the flamboyant getup etc etc.

Not saying it's right by any means, but c'mon man.

I'm sorry but you can't do what he does and not expect some of the older dudes to call him gay slurs. He's asking for it with the flamboyant getup etc etc.
Not saying it's right by any means, but c'mon man.

THIS

What's being said to and about him isn't right but let's be honest. He has video and pics of some rather questionable acts that makes you wonder. Always shirtless dancing with men. Doing ballet in pre game warm ups. That walk in that one vid was very runway model like. Duck lips.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it ain't a damn mongoose.

Odell asks for it

Schefter was on Philly sports radio this morning and said the 1 game is more of a warning to him because they are tired of his antics even if they helped create the hype

It's easy to sit back and say "he's doing all this and that, he deserves it." etc. But to him he's probably just trying to have a good time. A lot of these dances the younger crowd are doing have more of a feminine vibe to them. I don't partake in doing them, but I'm not gonna sit back and throw shots at em for doing something that's cool or hot to them but wack to me. 

There was a post a couple days back in which I thought it was summed up perfectly; odell is doing what all the other young people are doing these days.

As far as the dancing and gay slurs, let that man be. But Dude is a hot head and dramatic on the field, take shots at that.

Last edited:
This guy really gonna choreograph falling into his homeboys open arms shirtless on the gram and play the

woe is me i'm being attacked card? :rolleyes

Yeah. I'm a Giants fan but you can't put out vids of you switching harder than a Victoria Secret model and expect people to not say anything.

Ehhh, I look at a lot of these kids and I can't tell who is gay anymore. A lot of the **** I see, my mother would never let me do. My little cousin (13) had on some tight jeans and they looked weird. My mother asked him if they were girls jeans straight up.They were that bad. Guys sending each other selfies, texting emojis to each other and ****. The youth is softer than ever.

ODB can't let words get to him. They're just words. Josh was getting burnt and he was mad as hell about it. Deion said before, a lot of these players are jealous and are targeting him every week so maybe he reached his limit that day and lost it.

Ehhh, I look at a lot of these kids and I can't tell who is gay anymore. A lot of the **** I see, my mother would never let me do. My little cousin (13) had on some tight jeans and they looked weird. My mother asked him if they were girls jeans straight up.They were that bad. Guys sending each other selfies, texting emojis to each other and ****. The youth is softer than ever.

The clothes have definitely gone way to far. Dudes are basically wearing woman's jeans now. I didn't know sending selfies to other dudes was hot in these streets. Thank god I was born in 88.

Surprised no one has posted a pic of Michael Jackson in the early 90s or Prince in the 70s. That always seems to be in the hip pocket when clothing comes up :lol:

The clothes have definitely gone way to far. Dudes are basically wearing woman's jeans now. I didn't know sending selfies to other dudes was hot in these streets. Thank god I was born in 88.

My wife's job requires her to be around kids that are in college today. The amount of selfies and picture taking in general is mind blowing. There have been times where before something as simple as playing frisbee at the school has been preceded by setting up cameras to take pictures while they do it. It's like they can't enjoy anything without a picture of themselves doing it. I just don't understand it.

Last edited:
So, if he came out as gay, would it get better for him? Because it seems like the consensus is they shouldn't be tossing slurs his way but he's asking for it? That just gives off a funny vibe to me. Seems like it's lose/lose for him regardless.

Not that it matters since we gonna be in the Superbowl. But how did Harry not make the pro bowl :smh: Joseph and Barr left off as well :x

Last edited:
My wife's job requires her to be around kids that are in college today. The amount of selfies and picture taking in general is mind blowing. There have been times where before something as simple as playing frisbee at the school has been preceded by setting up cameras to take pictures while they do it. It's like they can't enjoy anything without a picture of themselves doing it. I just don't understand it.
Can't forget about the instagram likes. I'm sadly a part of this generation and don't understand any of it, this and snapchat are the extent of my social media.

I've heard females out in public discuss the amount of likes guys get on instagram and they've actually said they won't get with a dude because he doesn't have enough followers... I really just don't get it.

Me personally I never use emojis. I always felt they were feminine. However I don't believe men who do are gay. I've come to accept this is how people all over the world communicate today. Tight jeans use to be the style prior to the 90s baggy look. It's just history repeating itself. I'm a 80s baby raised in the 90s. It was weird to me at first to see street dudes wearing them. It's common now.

Surprised no one has posted a pic of Michael Jackson in the early 90s or Prince in the 70s. That always seems to be in the hip pocket when clothing comes up
laugh.gif
I mean you're not wrong. Dudes been dressing all kind of ways for a minute this is nothing new.

So, if he came out as gay, would it get better for him? Because it seems like the consensus is they shouldn't be tossing slurs his way but he's asking for it? That just gives off a funny vibe to me. Seems like it's lose/lose for him regardless.

all he has to do is keep producing on the field and stop the Duck-lips for IG likes and all of this goes away

the pregame dance show is fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom