OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All cover corners (Not named Deion Sanders or Rod Woodson) get beat. In the current NFL, there's an inability to do anything to a receiver. You can't touch them at all so, it's a feat to shut anyone down. For instance, Brandon Carr had a P.I. called on him, just for angling Brandon Marshall to the sideline.

Numbers are so bloated, you've got mediocre receivers today, getting 90+ catches and 1200+ yards. Same guys who'd barely scrape 700 yards, pre-2003.

The league needs to revamp these rules, in regards to DB/Receiver matchups. Receivers get away with far to much. They study the rule books, and know their advantages.

Norman is a solid corner. We saw what being physical can do to a receiver. It makes the game better. And through all of that, Josh Norman was not penalized for one hold, P.I., or illegal contact.

PFF's rankings take almost all of that into account. It gets to a point where people just don't want to give credit to a player who is starting to become a household name.

Exactly almost all great cover corners have a really good or solid front 7.

I dont follow PFF like that last time i tried to check stats they were askin me for money so i didnt know.

But time out I never said downgraded anything he's i was just saying the front attributes to his success. And correct Talib & Harris benefit from that as well. I have no issues giving players credit for their efforts.

I damn sure dont want to see Atlanta struggle again this week :rolleyes so hopefully. Hopefully Punk as Shanahannah makes an adjustment and maybe adds an extra back in a few plays to help pass-pro

Hank Scorpio said something Pats related this season that I 
laugh.gif
 x 
mean.gif
'd at too, but I can't remember what it was. Damn it.

It's gonna hurt and be fitting that Jackson will play a huge roll in eliminating the Eagles an possibly ending Chips tenure as coach. Just lay down Eagles. We're ultimately doing you a favor in the long run.

Norman is a solid corner. We saw what being physical can do to a receiver. It makes the game better. And through all of that, Josh Norman was not penalized for one hold, P.I., or illegal contact.

Meh i wouldnt use Sunday to back your argument. I get what u mean though and i agree that offensive players as whole are babied when it comes to contact and the rules. But a lot of that on Sunday should have been flagged.

Its one thing to jam/bump etc ..

It's gonna hurt and be fitting that Jackson will play a huge roll in eliminating the Eagles an possibly ending Chips tenure as coach. Just lay down Eagles. We're ultimately doing you a favor in the long run.

Fletcher Cox gonna have RG$3 jersey playing by the 2nd half

Samuel will show Kirk how its done

Show him how what's done? Getting injured or looking scared for 60 minutes? Sam has the widest eyes in the league. Ha ha ha

Like the homie Baker said, we don't take the Eagles lightly but we plan to celebrate in Philadelphia Saturday night.

Meh i wouldnt use Sunday to back your argument. I get what u mean though and i agree that offensive players as whole are babied when it comes to contact and the rules. But a lot of that on Sunday should have been flagged.

Its one thing to jam/bump etc ..

I'm talking about the jamming, nudging and arm barring, I'm not talking about their personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties of fighting, punching, and facemask grabbing, etc

I was strictly talking about football plays. I think both guys are to be at fault for fighting and clawing eachother. Odell took it overboard in the end. That is why he was warranted a suspension.

2016 NFL Draft Order, for now:

1. TEN, 2. CLE, 3. BAL, 4. SD, 5. DAL, 6. SF, 7. MIA, 8. JAX, 9. NO, 10. CHI

Records/remaining schedules:

TEN (3-11) - @HOU 7-7, vs MIA 6-8
CLE (3-11) - @KC 9-5, vs PIT 9-5
BAL (4-10) - vs PIT 9-5, @CIN 11-3
SD (4-10) - @OAK 6-8, @DEN 10-4
DAL (4-10) - @BUF 6-8, vs WAS 7-7
SF (4-10) - @DET 5-9, vs STL 6-8
MIA (5-9) - vs IND 6-8, vs NE 12-2
JAX (5-9) - @NO 5-9, @HOU 7-7
NO (5-9) - vs JAX 5-9, @ATL 7-7
CHI (5-9) - @TB 6-8, vs DET 5-9

Top-3 Prediction: 1. CLE (3-13), 2. BAL (4-12), 3. TEN (4-12).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom