OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas has a fantastic offensive line. Romo is just injury prone.

Chip Kelly has def messed up in Philly on more than one occasion. Most of the guys he's let go has all gone on to do well in other teams.

COY should go to Andy Reid (winning 10 games in a row after losing your best player for the season), but Ron Rivera is taking it. Cant deny 16-0

Rex Ryan isn't overrated, but he's not a genius coach either. One thing's for sure though--He will get the most out of his guys. Idzick screwed him over and left him out to hang dry with little to no talent around him in his last year with the Jets. I do think he could've done more with the Bills this season though

It's a shame seeing a team winning 9 games is enough to make it into the playoffs and get home field advantage

The QB situation in Denver is really interesting. I wonder how much scarier that team would be if they had somewhat of a consistent offense

Cam Newton is clearly the league's MVP. Honorable mention has to go to Palmer and Brady though.

The Cardinals could shock the world and make it to the Super Bowl. I can see them beating the Panthers

Last edited:
I see that side of it Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius but I give him a good amount of credit for at least trying to bring his philosophy to Denver and he's showed that it actually worked when Manning went down. I guess it just depends on how much weight you put in to Peyton totally disregarding that and Kubiak letting him do his thing.

I think he's a nice coach but Houston exposed him to me. When things went bad they just got worse. In Denver, everything was already in place.

Who are the players Norman has "shut down" this season with capable QBs? Brees once and Manning who's best receiver beat him man to man twice, dropping one. I don't see this great resume everyone else does.

I see that side of it Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius but I give him a good amount of credit for at least trying to bring his philosophy to Denver and he's showed that it actually worked when Manning went down. I guess it just depends on how much weight you put in to Peyton totally disregarding that and Kubiak letting him do his thing.

I think he's a nice coach but Houston exposed him to me. When things went bad they just got worse. In Denver, everything was already in place.

I hear you. I can see that side of the argument. I do think it's between Rivera and Reid. I'm just arguing for the sake of typing words :lol:

You can also play the other side of that coin with Josh Norman. Robinson, Hopkins, Cooks x2, Evans, Baldwin, Matthews, Hilton, Cobb, Wright, Jackson, Bryant, Julio and Odell have all put up monster games with their "bad" QB's. So do you just put Norman down because those QB's are "bad"?

I hear you. I can see that side of the argument. I do think it's between Rivera and Reid. I'm just arguing for the sake of typing words :lol:

You can also play the other side of that coin with Josh Norman. Robinson, Hopkins, Cooks x2, Evans, Baldwin, Matthews, Hilton, Cobb, Wright, Jackson, Bryant, Julio and Odell have all put up monster games with their "bad" QB's. So do you just put Norman down because those QB's are "bad"?

Although true the whole defense is good. Dez had Romo but outside of that? It's not like Hopkins for example only bad game was vs him. Does he play more zone or man to man? I've never seen a corner get less respect from his opponents then Norman. Falcons got at him this week saying he doesn't play man.

Yea, the defense as a whole does help. He doesn't get big help from the safety like Nnamdi did in Oakland. He's been more man to man, heshuts down his side of the field. The one thing people hold against him is that he doesn't shadow players in the slot. Was in the slot for one play all season (not counting this weekend).

Wildly overrated is just incorrect.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio  
Who are the players Norman has "shut down" this season with capable QBs? Brees once and Manning who's best receiver beat him man to man twice, dropping one. I don't see this great resume everyone else does.
Josh Norman is wildly overrated
Now the other side is going too far...
mean.gif
. Silliness.

A "wildly overrated" label on NT means he's officially made it though. Congrats to Josh.

Yea, the defense as a whole does help. He doesn't get big help from the safety like Nnamdi did in Oakland. He's been more man to man, heshuts down his side of the field. The one thing people hold against him is that he doesn't shadow players in the slot. Was in the slot for one play all season (not counting this weekend).

Wildly overrated is just incorrect.

The Josh Norman criticism sounds a lot like the Richard Sherman criticism from a few years ago. Yes he has a great defense around him, but for what he's being asked to do in Carolina he's very good at it.

I guess. I think if you have a healthy Romo back there for 10-12 games, McFadden's stats look a whole lot better and they're already impressive to begin with.

The COY award should be interesting.

I think you could make an argument for Bill and Kubiak as well.

Todd Bowles :nerd: turned a 4-12 team into a potential playoff team in his first year.

Ugh, beat a team over .500 and then we'll talk.

I'm so bitter with Jet fans :lol: but he does deserve praise.

:lol: I was being a bit of a homer more than anything when I said Bowles. Not saying he isn't deserving, but I know he won't win and shouldn't. He definitely didn't inherit Rex' team.

Alex Smith is really good at what he's asked to do. Not turnover the ball and lose games. That doesn't vault him up the rankings though.

An the Stats on the previous page have Honey Badger 2nd. He doesn't play corner does he? What do those statistics mean?

Statement from the league on the brain study story...
“The NFL did not pull funding from the BU study,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy wrote in an email to The Post. “The NIH makes all funding decisions. The NFL has no ‘veto power’ as part of its unrestricted $30 million grant to NIH.” 
Well I guess that settles it, right? Nothing to see here, move along. 

Please buy our color rush jerseys and pink gloves while we set this appeal for Beckham's player safety suspension.

Josh Norman is wildly overrated
the whole d is a little overrated as a whole but i dont think norman is .

. a good offense will light them up and beat them for sure but the panthers can win shootouts so a teams going to need to have a good d to beat them. we saw what the giants and saints have done to that d,. 

cardinals or the seahawks will take them out. 

Last edited:
Jets have had the easiest schedule in the league, and they aren't even in the playoffs at the moment. Explain to me why Bowles should be in the convo please.

I guess Carolina's schedule was tough

An the Stats on the previous page have Honey Badger 2nd. He doesn't play corner does he? What do those statistics mean?

I was about to say Mathieu is a safety, he doesnt really cover guys to the level corners to.

Statement from the league on the brain study story...

“The NFL did not pull funding from the BU study,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy wrote in an email to The Post. “The NIH makes all funding decisions. The NFL has no ‘veto power’ as part of its unrestricted $30 million grant to NIH.” 

Well I guess that settles it, right? Nothing to see here, move along. 

Please buy our color rush jerseys and pink gloves while we set this appeal for Beckham's player safety suspension.

And while we donate less than 10% of the profits to the actual organization.

These ******* guys man :lol:

I said Norman is overrated because he's seen to be some "shutdown" corner, but he's had players score on him and have had some solid games. Albeit, they weren't 100+ yards, multiple touchdown games, but he's had guys score on him or go on to have substantive games. He's surrounded by a stellar defense and an offense that can control the ball and clock almost at will.

Guys like Tyrann Matthieu, Chris Harris Jr, and Darby are doing more for their teams and IMO more versatile in their position.

Last edited:
View media item 1839019
But on Tuesday, Bilbo and Anderson confirmed reports that something incredible happened: The New York Jets called and signed Anderson to a spot on their practice squad. The team has not released any transactions from Tuesday.

“Glory to God!” wrote Anderson in a text message. “God is amazing.”

Giants offense underrated too.

Their defense is just absolute garbage

I think the Giants offense is rightfully rated, it isn't very good either :lol: .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom