OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romo has always been injury prone and does too much. Puts himself at risk. The line has still been good, they've had success running the ball this year.

- Just a friendly reminder that Phil f'ing Simms is doing color commentary for the Super Bowl this season. Think about that. The entire country and millions around the world are gonna have to put up with idiot refs and Phil f'ing Simms conveying the product on the field. Dude is easily the WORST national commentator in any North American professional sport. He's reached a new low point this season, if you can imagine that.

It's time to bring him out back and put him out of his misery, man.
I might have to watch it on mute now. Dude is legit awful. As long as it's not him and Joe Buck I should still be able to watch 
laugh.gif

they are still a good line but all I heard is anyone can run behind that line

Christine Michael, Robert Turbin, Darren McFadden, Joseph Randle

hell a good amount of NT had Michael in the hall of fame after that trade

Haven't they kinda proved that this year? They all are over 4 YPC outside of Michael. Michael has kinda shown that he doesn't really belong in the league at all. Being top 10 in YPC but only top 20 in 2nd level rank kinda shows that it's the line doing all the work there. I don't see the logic at all in saying that they're not at least at the same level in run protection.

Haven't they kinda proved that this year? They all are over 4 YPC outside of Michael. Michael has kinda shown that he doesn't really belong in the league at all. Being top 10 in YPC but only top 20 in 2nd level rank kinda shows that it's the line doing all the work there. I don't see the logic at all in saying that they're not at least at the same level in run protection.

they have been serviceable but I think it showed what Murray meant to that team

I guess. I think if you have a healthy Romo back there for 10-12 games, McFadden's stats look a whole lot better and they're already impressive to begin with.

The COY award should be interesting.

I think you could make an argument for Bill and Kubiak as well.

I don't know that offensive line is good but it got Romo killed twice

Murray would work with the Eagles if they fit the offense to his strengths which I thought would happen when they signed him

Romo stayed healthy cuz he didnt have to pass as much. O Line is still good but holdin the D at the LOS long enough for their meh receivers to get open didnt work.

I do agree though we all assumed the smart thing would be fix it where your big money player would fit in your scheme. But obviously Chip dont care about that

Romo stayed healthy cuz he didnt have to pass as much. O Line is still good but holdin the D at the LOS long enough for their meh receivers to get open didnt work.

I do agree though we all assumed the smart thing would be fix it where your big money player would fit in your scheme. But obviously Chip dont care about that

when you break it down, Romo was averaging about 10 more pass attempts per game this year, the run game was a big reason he stayed healthy and had the season he did last year

Dallas' O line is very good. Just look at McFadden...they've made him a serviceable running back again. Dude has already run for more yards this year than he has since 2010. If he stays the course he'll hit 1,000 yards this season.

DeMarco is a good back not a great one. Great backs will get their yards regardless, Murray needs a system that fits his strengths and Dallas was his perfect situation. Once GM Chip cuts him we Dallas fans will gladly take him back for Romo's last ride.

the same narrative that said Murray wouldn't be missed and now you will take him back?

Find the quote that I said Murray wouldn't be missed .. I said we could try and help mask his lost by using our 3 RBs at the time .. If I'm not mistaken, I remember giving you props for the signing and saying you had a good one on your hands.

The majority of us in here said he would be missed however we understood that spending 9M per on him wasn't the ideal thing to do considering we had other holes to fill.

I guess. I think if you have a healthy Romo back there for 10-12 games, McFadden's stats look a whole lot better and they're already impressive to begin with.

Todd Bowles :nerd: turned a 4-12 team into a potential playoff team in his first year.

Find the quote that I said Murray wouldn't be missed .. I said we could try and help mask his lost by using our 3 RBs at the time .. If I'm not mistaken, I remember giving you props for the signing and saying you had a good one on your hands.

The majority of us in here said he would be missed however we understood that spending 9M per on him wasn't the ideal thing to do considering we had other holes to fill.

I mean isn't saying that the 3 headed running back situation can replicate the success of one the same thing? 2 of those backs didn't even make it a full year with the Cowboys

you did give props and I thought he would be good in a re-worked offense but not when you try and run a power back like a finesse back

Todd Bowles :nerd: turned a 4-12 team into a potential playoff team in his first year.

Ugh, beat a team over .500 and then we'll talk.

I'm so bitter with Jet fans :lol: but he does deserve praise.

I see that side of it Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius but I give him a good amount of credit for at least trying to bring his philosophy to Denver and he's showed that it actually worked when Manning went down. I guess it just depends on how much weight you put in to Peyton totally disregarding that and Kubiak letting him do his thing.

How is it not between Andy Reid and Riverboat? 

Kubiak, Bowles, Arians...? I don't think any of those guys finish top 2. And it's looking like the Jets might not 'eem make the playoffs so Bowles is way down the list.

I'm not a big Kubiak fan either, like @Maximus Meridius  said he's in a great situation and is meeting expectations, nothing more or less IMO. Some questionable losses on his resume too.

It's always tricky with Belichick because you can pretty much name him COTY every season and it would be legitimate. Basically under the same act as Pop in the NBA. Great season with all the injuries, but how much does having Brady around cover up for the flaws? And he got outcoached by his boy Chip at home so meh. 
laugh.gif

I'll ask again though...has any team ever made the playoffs after starting out the season 1-5? Genuinely curious, not a rhetorical question.
Originally Posted by eddiengambino  
Todd Bowles 
nerd.gif
 turned a 4-12 team into a potential playoff team in his first year.
Also speaks to how overrated Rex Ryan really is
Rex is overrated, but he also got ****** over by his cheap *** GM who refused to spend on talent. He did what he could with what he had.

Bowles is NOT coaching the same team Rex had. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom